Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1111
fla4fun
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: near Orlando
Posts: 8,645

I am here! I got my first MB, which wasn't without a little trouble. Since I only made the reservation two days ago, I had to get one of the gray ones at the front desk. They seemed to have a lot of trouble programming it, and when I got to the room, it wouldn't open the door. Fortunately the KTTW did open it, but I had to go back by the front desk again on my way to Epcot to get it fixed. They have been encouraging me to get my AP put on it, but since this is the last trip before my current AP expires, I think I will wait on that.

For anyone that is curious, I made my reservation and turned right around and did online check in. I made a request for a ground floor room during check in, and got my request. I know room requests are important to some of you, so I wanted you to know it's possible even on short notice.

There was a message on the phone when I got back to the room last night that there will be some kind of planned computer outage starting this evening and going through tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what that's about, but if you're checking in during that time, I thought you might want to know.

Off to get breakfast now . . . .
fla4fun is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #1112
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 337

So excited to join you. We are booked at BWV for February 8-15. This will be our second trip so we are excited to get back and do some favorites as well as some new things. My youngest hasn't been and my other 2 are at a better age to remember. Kids at trip time will be almost 7, 4, and almost 2. Our oldest and youngest have birthdays in feb/mar so this is to celebrate.
JEWLSVERN is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #1113
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 468

Back to reality today.
We loved our stay at BWV. Sadly we don't have a new countdown yet. I never leave without a new countdown! Oh well I'm sure I'll get one soon!

I wanted to share a tip for anyone staying in the villas. Perhaps this is posted here already but just in case ....
Use the stairwell near room x121 (where x = your floor #) to access Luna Park OR the bus stop. You can see the exit to Luna Park but if you go out to the hallway where the rooms are, go down and you'll see the double doors to the front - where you'll see the DVC welcome mat. This takes you to a sidewalk that quickly brings you to the bus stop. You don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then down to the bus stop.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need clarification.
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI



[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #1114
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
How packed is the BWI this time of year with the F&W going on? I am wondering if it will be sold out, and in turn lots of crowds at the pool/bakery etc? Thanks!
Just back today after spending 6 days at BWV.
Pools both quiet and Luna park were not crowded at all.
Bakery - no lines in the AM but we're pre-RD people so maybe later it got busy after folks recovered from F&W.
There was tons of staff on at the Concierge Desk and the front desk so we never had to wait when we had a question.
We know the rooms around us were occupied but we never saw or heard anyone around us! We were alone in the hallways alot.
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI



[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #1115
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p
 
gometros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 7,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

Yay! Enjoy!!

We usually go first or second week of November and catch the end of F&W. Even though BWI is busy during this time, the pool never seems too over packed, probably because it's fairly big and everyone is over at Epcot eating and getting drunk.

The bakery did always seen crowded in the morning, but that was pre-refurb. Don't know how it is now.
Not much has changed. The bakery is still crowded in the morning. Last day we were there, the line actually extended out the door!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
__________________
Sandy / @SandyCanetti / DVC '96
gometros is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #1116
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Back to reality today.
We loved our stay at BWV. Sadly we don't have a new countdown yet. I never leave without a new countdown! Oh well I'm sure I'll get one soon!

I wanted to share a tip for anyone staying in the villas. Perhaps this is posted here already but just in case ....
Use the stairwell near room x121 (where x = your floor #) to access Luna Park OR the bus stop. You can see the exit to Luna Park but if you go out to the hallway where the rooms are, go down and you'll see the double doors to the front - where you'll see the DVC welcome mat. This takes you to a sidewalk that quickly brings you to the bus stop. You don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then down to the bus stop.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need clarification.
Thanks for the tip! If we end up near the stairs, I'll definitely have to try that!

Glad you enjoyed your stay!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #1117
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Just back today after spending 6 days at BWV.
Pools both quiet and Luna park were not crowded at all.
Bakery - no lines in the AM but we're pre-RD people so maybe later it got busy after folks recovered from F&W.
There was tons of staff on at the Concierge Desk and the front desk so we never had to wait when we had a question.
We know the rooms around us were occupied but we never saw or heard anyone around us! We were alone in the hallways alot.
Thanks for the info!
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #1118
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...
 
LSchrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: no longer tagless on Long Island
Posts: 4,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
is the DVC laundry room located only on the 3rd floor? We will need to do wash while there and wondering where its located.
the DVC laundry room is, as pp's stated, on the 1st floor.
turn right after exiting elevator, then turn right into the hall, and laundry room is on your left.
there are 3 washers & 2 dryers. you can buy single use detergent from vending machine there, or bring your own.
just to note:
- try to go before 8-8:30AM or after 10-11pm, else expect to sit & wait & wait....(there are chairs, and a tv)
- the dryers take forever! we usually finishing drying heavier, still soggy items in room

hth
__________________
laurie °o°
05/12-05/22/2015 BWV because home is where the BWVs are...
LSchrow is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #1119
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran
 
PamelaKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 711

Any other stairway secrets?

Staying club level at BWI. Any stairway secrets folks can share?
__________________


Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1120
jillmc40
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 502

Hi There! This is a really great thread! So much information! I read through the first page and loved looking at all of the pictures. I do have a question though...I feel guilty asking there is so much info here

We are thinking of doing SWW in 2015, which is so far away, I know, but I am new to DVC and trying to wrap my brain around planning for points...So I went on the site and saw that I would most likely be able to get any view I want for the weekend I want to go. This is DS's birthday and we plan to stick to mostly SWW, we will have just gone the month before for 10 days. Is there a better view to get for walking to DHS everyday? For Instance are pool views closer (or farther) from DHS? Or is it all relative and it doesn't really matter? From what I understand there can be some pretty long walks here. I don't mind walking, but I think we are going to try for RD everyday and I don't want to have to usher us out the door 15 minutes earlier just to walk through the resort. The point savings isn't as important to me (I don't think anyway)...
__________________




jillmc40 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #1121
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession
 
samnbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Hi There! This is a really great thread! So much information! I read through the first page and loved looking at all of the pictures. I do have a question though...I feel guilty asking there is so much info here We are thinking of doing SWW in 2015, which is so far away, I know, but I am new to DVC and trying to wrap my brain around planning for points...So I went on the site and saw that I would most likely be able to get any view I want for the weekend I want to go. This is DS's birthday and we plan to stick to mostly SWW, we will have just gone the month before for 10 days. Is there a better view to get for walking to DHS everyday? For Instance are pool views closer (or farther) from DHS? Or is it all relative and it doesn't really matter? From what I understand there can be some pretty long walks here. I don't mind walking, but I think we are going to try for RD everyday and I don't want to have to usher us out the door 15 minutes earlier just to walk through the resort. The point savings isn't as important to me (I don't think anyway)...
I'm sorry to ask you..but what is SWW?
__________________
Sept.99-GF Lodge concierge(During Hurricane)
May.01-Poly concierge
Oct.03-GF RPC
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #1122
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I'm sorry to ask you..but what is SWW?
Star Wars Weekend maybe?
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #1123
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Star Wars Weekend maybe?

WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #1124
jillmc40
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

__________________




jillmc40 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #1125
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I think they had some default, either the name on the reservation or the My Disney Experience username, but you can change it to anything up to a certain number of characters, at least 8, but not many more if any. But it would definitely fit WDWKOOK, Kookster, Mr. Kook (for DH), etc.

I think you just made these plastic bands of frustration slightly more appealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I know this has probably been asked many times, but how would I go about shipping a pkg to Boardwalk and what address would I use?? Does anyone know the fees?

Thanks so much
This is from the first page HERE:


SHIPPING:

The mailing address is:

Disney's Boardwalk Inn
2101 North Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Include your name, check-in date, and reservation number on the label. You may have to pay a fee at pick-up since BWI is a convention resort, but some resorts you don't pay a fee.

Shipping and Postal Services:

Send and receive packages of all sizes during your stay at Walt Disney World Resort.

Parcel Handling (Incoming and Outgoing):

Your package can be picked up from or delivered to most locations at Walt Disney World Resort. You must be present to accept delivery. Handling fee covers one pickup or delivery only. (Contact the Front Desk if your Resort hotel does not have a Business Center.)

For same-day shipping, outbound parcels must be received in the package room by 4:30 PM Monday – Friday. Items received after 4:30 PM on Friday will be shipped on Monday unless special handling has been requested. Saturday shipping services are available until 11:30 AM with advance notice. Special rates apply.

Guests may drop off their completed/called-in packages at the Front Desk or Concierge. The Front Desk/Concierge will deliver them to the Business Center for shipping at no additional charge. Or if you prefer, you may bring your packages to the Business Center yourself.

Unless specified, all items sent from Walt Disney World Resort will be sent by air courier service, unless otherwise specified by the Guest.
Parcel Handling Fees

Handling fee includes receipt of item from carrier, storage for up to 3 days, onetime Guest package delivery or pickup, placing item with carrier for shipment, and tracking. Postage is not included.

Envelope: $3.00
Small Box: $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
Med Box: $5.00 (5 lbs – 20 lbs)
Large Box: $10.00 (21 lbs – 70 lbs)
Golf Club: $10.00
Display Cases: $15.00
Pallets: $70.00 per 100 lbs
Prices are subject to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by acfbob View Post
We are here!! We are here!! We are here!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
I am here! I got my first MB, which wasn't without a little trouble. Since I only made the reservation two days ago, I had to get one of the gray ones at the front desk. They seemed to have a lot of trouble programming it, and when I got to the room, it wouldn't open the door. Fortunately the KTTW did open it, but I had to go back by the front desk again on my way to Epcot to get it fixed. They have been encouraging me to get my AP put on it, but since this is the last trip before my current AP expires, I think I will wait on that.

For anyone that is curious, I made my reservation and turned right around and did online check in. I made a request for a ground floor room during check in, and got my request. I know room requests are important to some of you, so I wanted you to know it's possible even on short notice.

There was a message on the phone when I got back to the room last night that there will be some kind of planned computer outage starting this evening and going through tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what that's about, but if you're checking in during that time, I thought you might want to know.

Off to get breakfast now . . . .
Great information and how has your vacation been so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
So excited to join you. We are booked at BWV for February 8-15. This will be our second trip so we are excited to get back and do some favorites as well as some new things. My youngest hasn't been and my other 2 are at a better age to remember. Kids at trip time will be almost 7, 4, and almost 2. Our oldest and youngest have birthdays in feb/mar so this is to celebrate.
to the thread!

Make sure the birthdays are noted in your reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Back to reality today.
We loved our stay at BWV. Sadly we don't have a new countdown yet. I never leave without a new countdown! Oh well I'm sure I'll get one soon!

I wanted to share a tip for anyone staying in the villas. Perhaps this is posted here already but just in case ....
Use the stairwell near room x121 (where x = your floor #) to access Luna Park OR the bus stop. You can see the exit to Luna Park but if you go out to the hallway where the rooms are, go down and you'll see the double doors to the front - where you'll see the DVC welcome mat. This takes you to a sidewalk that quickly brings you to the bus stop. You don't have to walk all the way to the lobby and then down to the bus stop.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need clarification.
Thanks for posting the stairwell information and hurry up and get another ticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Just back today after spending 6 days at BWV.
Pools both quiet and Luna park were not crowded at all.
Bakery - no lines in the AM but we're pre-RD people so maybe later it got busy after folks recovered from F&W.
There was tons of staff on at the Concierge Desk and the front desk so we never had to wait when we had a question.
We know the rooms around us were occupied but we never saw or heard anyone around us! We were alone in the hallways alot.
Sounds perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Staying club level at BWI. Any stairway secrets folks can share?
Though I've never used it, I think there might be a staircase by the suites that you can use. Hopefully, someone who's used it will clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Hi There! This is a really great thread! So much information! I read through the first page and loved looking at all of the pictures. I do have a question though...I feel guilty asking there is so much info here

We are thinking of doing SWW in 2015, which is so far away, I know, but I am new to DVC and trying to wrap my brain around planning for points...So I went on the site and saw that I would most likely be able to get any view I want for the weekend I want to go. This is DS's birthday and we plan to stick to mostly SWW, we will have just gone the month before for 10 days. Is there a better view to get for walking to DHS everyday? For Instance are pool views closer (or farther) from DHS? Or is it all relative and it doesn't really matter? From what I understand there can be some pretty long walks here. I don't mind walking, but I think we are going to try for RD everyday and I don't want to have to usher us out the door 15 minutes earlier just to walk through the resort. The point savings isn't as important to me (I don't think anyway)...
to the thread!

Personally, I think that the difference between the furthest and closest rooms would be negligible in getting to DHS. I think you'll find them all very convenient, but someone else might have a different opinion. I would book the view you would like and not worry about the view in relation to walking time to DHS.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: