Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #1051
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Hi everyone! My sister and I just switched over to Boardwalk from Beach Club during Marathon Weekend, as the BC was not included in the Disney Visa room discounts. I am still really excited as I've never stayed at BWI before but have always wanted to! I'm looking forward to learning more about the resort and reading about your experiences! We'll be there January 9 - 12th.
Just be aware that you will need to take a bus to and from the marathon start/finish. You'll need to catch it by 3:30AM.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #1052
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Just be aware that you will need to take a bus to and from the marathon start/finish. You'll need to catch it by 3:30AM.
Thank you, I am well aware of the very early morning we will have. I'm more excited to be in even closer stumbling distance from Jelly Rolls on Saturday night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #1053
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Just booked BWI with the Disney Visa discount for Spring Break. Yea! So good to have a WDW trip booked. Now to prepare a countdown ticker for my signature!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Hi everyone! My sister and I just switched over to Boardwalk from Beach Club during Marathon Weekend, as the BC was not included in the Disney Visa room discounts. I am still really excited as I've never stayed at BWI before but have always wanted to! I'm looking forward to learning more about the resort and reading about your experiences! We'll be there January 9 - 12th.
Yay for Disney Visa discounts! Just applied it to our BWI CL reservation for the Princess Half Marathon weekend! DancinDaisyDuck, please report back regarding your marathon weekend experience at BWI - we've stayed at BWI at love it, but this will be our first runDisney event at WDW (did the DL 10K in August.) Would love to hear about your trip! Planning to run the half during Marathon Weekend in 2015!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 10-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #1054
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
We have done surrey's a few times. They seem like a great idea...till you reach the first hill The hill doesn't look like much until you try to pedal up,with all that dead kid weight LOL. Then you hit the 2nd hill...and then you have enough time to go around and do both hills again
But, they are fun, and everyone should try them once. I have had enough rides on them personally.

I do not jog, but when we walk to DHS in the am we see lot's of joggers, and it's such a wonderful peaceful path, if I did jog, I would love to jog there.
Thanks for the heads up on those hills. I'll make sure my DW pedals extra hard

I'm definitely going to take my running gear with me. I figure it's worthwhile to experience just about anything Disney. I'm sure their jogging paths are a different experience from anywhere else.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
Old 10-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #1055
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
DancinDaisyDuck, please report back regarding your marathon weekend experience at BWI - we've stayed at BWI at love it, but this will be our first runDisney event at WDW (did the DL 10K in August.) Would love to hear about your trip! Planning to run the half during Marathon Weekend in 2015!
Hey Pixarmom, nice to see you over here from the Y/B Club resort thread! I will definitely report back on BWI and marathon weekend, I'm expecting it to be a great time!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #1056
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs Pal View Post
We saw this last year. They had a DJ which was a lot of fun. Also candy was given out to the little one's. There was a giant lite up pumpkin that we used for a back drop for pictures. It was a very lively party. Didn't notice and characters so it's nice to see them listed. I believe the party lasted for several hours.
Thanks, Poohs Pal. Sounds worth at least checking out!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #1057
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on those hills. I'll make sure my DW pedals extra hard

I'm definitely going to take my running gear with me. I figure it's worthwhile to experience just about anything Disney. I'm sure their jogging paths are a different experience from anywhere else.
Another story of those hills -- on a walk to the YC, we saw a group of four adults try to get the surrey bike up a hill between the Dolphin and the YC, and they kept getting half-way up and rolling back. This was repeated four or five times. They were laughing, we were laughing, it was quite amusing. Of course they could have gotten out and pushed the bike, but I guess that wouldn't be as fun.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1058
tsme
DIS Veteran

We were at BWI in Sept. & had a wonderful time. Last night my DH was looking at the rack rates for 2014 for the same type of room, it was $100 more a night! Has anyone else looked at the rates & seen how much higher they are? We've been going every year to Disney for the past 5-6yrs & I know it does tend to go up, but really, that's crazy high. I'm thinking we might have to end up down grading when we go again. I can't justify that much of a increase.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #1059
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

New cancelation policy for Walt Disney World restaurants
Leah Zanolla | Updated: Oct 3, 2013 - 8:45:30 PM

Beginning October 31, Walt Disney World will have a new restaurant cancelation policy in place. For all table service restaurant reservations, guests will have to provide a credit card hold. If the reservation needs to be canceled, but isn't done one day in advance, a $10 per person charge will be made to the card. This policy is in place for both Disney owned and operated restaurants, as well as operating participants.

Some locations require pre-payment, such as Hoop-Dee-Do Musical Revue and Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; this system is already in place. If these reservations aren't canceled one day in advance, the full amount will be charged.

Reservations must be canceled up to 11:59 pm the day before the reservation to avoid the charge. To cancel, guests can call 407-WDW-CNCL, stop by any table service restaurant front desk, or call 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations can also be made and canceled online at www.DisneyWorld.com/Dining.

The policy has changed in the hopes of reducing the number of no shows and to allow more guests the opportunity to dine at the table service locations.

If reservations were booked prior to October 31, they will not be held to the new policy, unless modifications are made after October 31.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #1060
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
New cancelation policy for Walt Disney World restaurants
Leah Zanolla | Updated: Oct 3, 2013 - 8:45:30 PM

Beginning October 31, Walt Disney World will have a new restaurant cancelation policy in place. For all table service restaurant reservations, guests will have to provide a credit card hold. If the reservation needs to be canceled, but isn't done one day in advance, a $10 per person charge will be made to the card. This policy is in place for both Disney owned and operated restaurants, as well as operating participants.

Some locations require pre-payment, such as Hoop-Dee-Do Musical Revue and Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; this system is already in place. If these reservations aren't canceled one day in advance, the full amount will be charged.

Reservations must be canceled up to 11:59 pm the day before the reservation to avoid the charge. To cancel, guests can call 407-WDW-CNCL, stop by any table service restaurant front desk, or call 407-WDW-DINE. Reservations can also be made and canceled online at www.DisneyWorld.com/Dining.

The policy has changed in the hopes of reducing the number of no shows and to allow more guests the opportunity to dine at the table service locations.

If reservations were booked prior to October 31, they will not be held to the new policy, unless modifications are made after October 31.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #1061
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Woohoo In the teens

Under 3 weeks now. Eighteen days til Harry Potter and 20 until BWI CL

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 10-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #1062
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Three more sleeps!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 10-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #1063
JenluvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We were at BWI in Sept. & had a wonderful time. Last night my DH was looking at the rack rates for 2014 for the same type of room, it was $100 more a night! Has anyone else looked at the rates & seen how much higher they are? We've been going every year to Disney for the past 5-6yrs & I know it does tend to go up, but really, that's crazy high. I'm thinking we might have to end up down grading when we go again. I can't justify that much of a increase.
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that prior to this year the rack rates were always shown without the tax included but the published 2014 rates include the tax. Still makes for an increase but maybe not as significant as you originally thought?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #1064
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Under 3 weeks now. Eighteen days til Harry Potter and 20 until BWI CL
Lisa's going to beat you there, but you've got more time to pack than she does

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Three more sleeps!
Are you almost all packed?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #1065
glk2009
Mouseketeer

Smile Room request

I apologize because I'm sure this answer is somewhere on this great thread, but I'm on serious information overload!

My online check-in date is tomorrow!!! And I'm wondering if I should add in any location requests to my ressie.

We have a cash reservation with a 1-bedroom standard view. It will be me, DH, DD5 (turning 6 during our trip!) and DD21months. I'm pretty sure we value peace & quiet over proximity to the elevator. I'd love an Epcot view, but I don't think that's possible with our category.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks so much!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: