Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #1036
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

Waitlist for 12/30 BWV-1Bd Boardwalk view came through Now have all four night in same room and will not have to change rooms on 12/31.

I Have read through this thread in two days and thank you all for the information.

There is only one room type I do not want which are the ground floor boardwalk views. Can I put in a request for a room type I do not want or should I put in a different request?

DHDD13DD15DD21*

Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #1037
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwebb View Post
Waitlist for 12/30 BWV-1Bd Boardwalk view came through Now have all four night in same room and will not have to change rooms on 12/31.

I Have read through this thread in two days and thank you all for the information.

There is only one room type I do not want which are the ground floor boardwalk views. Can I put in a request for a room type I do not want or should I put in a different request?
how about a request for a higher floor? Is there such thing as a ground floor with boardwalk views? I thought the Boardwalk was all shops and restaurants - nothing on the villa side at ground level with a Boardwalk view. Maybe I'm wrong!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #1038
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
how about a request for a higher floor? Is there such thing as a ground floor with boardwalk views? I thought the Boardwalk was all shops and restaurants - nothing on the villa side at ground level with a Boardwalk view. Maybe I'm wrong!
There are 3 or 4 rooms on the ground floor next to Big River. I always thought I would hate those rooms with people walking by. It used to be the DVC office.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #1039
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

thanks, high floor it is.

DHDD13DD15DD21*

Old 10-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #1040
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Nevermind. I got it. I wanted to see the actual activities they have going on for Halloween. If anyone needs it...

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...BWCalendar.pdf
Question for those who have been at the Boardwalk on Halloween: have you attended the Halloween event on the Village Green? I see that the activity schedule mentions characters. Any idea what characters show up?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #1041
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Question

1. Anyone use the surrey bikes? We are excited to use them but not sure how much fun they'll actually be.

2. Has anyone used the jogging paths? Not sure I'll run at all while there but i normally run 3-4 times per week and thought it'd be nice to enjoy Disney's jogging paths. Big debate...sleep or run...leaning towards sleep
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #1042
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
1. Anyone use the surrey bikes? We are excited to use them but not sure how much fun they'll actually be.
They're a lot of fun, but warning, there are two steep hills on each bridge as you go around Crescent Lake. SO you all better be prepared to pedal.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #1043
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

2. Has anyone used the jogging paths? Not sure I'll run at all while there but i normally run 3-4 times per week and thought it'd be nice to enjoy Disney's jogging paths. Big debate...sleep or run...leaning towards sleep
I've done up to 12 miles while staying at BWV. My favorite "loop" is partway to DHS, up to the street, over to the Swan, back down their path and then around the lake. But to get 12 miles in, I did a mix of things, including a final mile inside on the TM (I was getting hot and decided to have a real "cool down" mile in air conditioning).
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #1044
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:

1. We've never done the surrey bikes at BW, but we did do them at POR. We had fun -- for awhile. In the end, we were glad we did it, but don't need to do it again -- anywhere.

2. I love running at BW. It's nice to go around crescent lake and to explore different areas. The boardwalk can get very slippery when wet, so be mindful of that. Also, remember that you'll be walking a lot at WDW, so don't wear out your legs running in the morning if you'll need that mileage later in the day. Some days sleeping in a bit instead of running is the right answer!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #1045
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
They're a lot of fun, but warning, there are two steep hills on each bridge as you go around Crescent Lake. SO you all better be prepared to pedal.
Also be prepared that kids enjoy them far more than adults (at least that's true for our family) and yet the 'driver' must be 18, so that meant during our trip earlier this year I was forced to be the driver (and contribute to the pedaling) along with DS17 and DD14. Thank goodness DS will be an adult next time we go, which means the kids rent the surrey bike while my wife and I grab a drink and sit on one of the benches and watch them pedal themselves.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #1046
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
I've done up to 12 miles while staying at BWV. My favorite "loop" is partway to DHS, up to the street, over to the Swan, back down their path and then around the lake. But to get 12 miles in, I did a mix of things, including a final mile inside on the TM (I was getting hot and decided to have a real "cool down" mile in air conditioning).

I appreciate the feedback. I generally log about 5K 3-4 times per week. So I don't need a super long run. And I figure I could knock out 5K in an hour in the a.m......get ready, run, get back, shower and off to a Park. Or even at the end of the day. But I know where my energy level will be at the end...

DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
Old 10-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #1047
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:

We have done surrey's a few times. They seem like a great idea...till you reach the first hill The hill doesn't look like much until you try to pedal up,with all that dead kid weight LOL. Then you hit the 2nd hill...and then you have enough time to go around and do both hills again
But, they are fun, and everyone should try them once. I have had enough rides on them personally.

I do not jog, but when we walk to DHS in the am we see lot's of joggers, and it's such a wonderful peaceful path, if I did jog, I would love to jog there.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #1048
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Just booked BWI with the Disney Visa discount for Spring Break. Yea! So good to have a WDW trip booked. Now to prepare a countdown ticker for my signature!

Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #1049
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
Question for those who have been at the Boardwalk on Halloween: have you attended the Halloween event on the Village Green? I see that the activity schedule mentions characters. Any idea what characters show up?
We saw this last year. They had a DJ which was a lot of fun. Also candy was given out to the little one's. There was a giant lite up pumpkin that we used for a back drop for pictures. It was a very lively party. Didn't notice and characters so it's nice to see them listed. I believe the party lasted for several hours.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #1050
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Hi everyone! My sister and I just switched over to Boardwalk from Beach Club during Marathon Weekend, as the BC was not included in the Disney Visa room discounts. I am still really excited as I've never stayed at BWI before but have always wanted to! I'm looking forward to learning more about the resort and reading about your experiences! We'll be there January 9 - 12th.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: