Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #91
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

DVC member and BW lover here!! We will be going home 10/3-10/8 for the TOT race and to celebrate our 25th anniversary!

Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #92
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Welcome PoohCorner71!!!! Gang this is my good friend - she's been a Disney freak for a long time, but just now getting on to The DIS!!

We've vacationed together before but not Disney - not yet anyway! We will we will!
I admit it -- I was a lurker!!! But I'm official now

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #93
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
thanks lisa and WDWKOOK, I hope those issues like dirt/dust/mold, carpet stains, broken lamp and window that rain comes in have been taken care of . imhp - not minor things especially on club level.
I agree, this was my issue with BC CL!! The whole hallway was worn and stained I was NOT impressed! Poly, GF and CR CL rooms and hallways weren't like that!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #94
Seabean
Mouseketeer

We last stayed at the BWI last Mar '12, and we'll be returning this August '13.

One of our kids described it as "like the GF... only funner"
(a lot of the room furnishings are very similar to the GF also)

We're a family of 6, so we stay in a Deluxe-club room on the BW side.

The best thing about BWI: the balcony view of the BW & Crescent lake, especially at night.

The worst thing about BWI: the lack of elevators makes for these ridiculous long walks down the hallways.

1940's? Actually according to the architects, it's supposed to be early 20th century:
http://www.ramsa.com/en/projects-sea...boardwalk.html

Because we're from near Philly, and familiar with the South-Jersey shore, to us the lobby of the BWI reminds of us Congress Hall in Cape May. Our kids also instantly recognize the small statue of Lucy in the lobby.

Looking forward to August!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #95
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Well.... the day I leave for Cancun, you start the new thread....now I'm late! (you know how I hate to be late, Kook) Can't wait to go back and read every word of it!!!! I'm sure it's top notch as usual

Adios for now! The beach is calling my name
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #96
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

I'm looking at the room requests for the villas, we're staying in a one bedroom villa paying cash. The options I have are near transportation and ground floor, does near transportation mean we'll be closer to the elevators?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #97
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomboys2 View Post
We will be at Boardwalk....from 7/14-7/19..staying in standard club room. 1st time doing the club level...but with 2 teenage boys...the extra food/snacks will be helpful!!!! Even with the dining plan..LOL

SOOOO Excited..it has been about 4 years since we were at WDW. This year we are celebrating our son's High School Graduation & about to depart for college in the fall!!!!!

He actually asked for this trip instead of a grad. present or party!!! WORKS FOR ME!!!!!

Plus the boys can park hop on their own (ages 18 & 13)....so gives my hubby and I some time to explore the parks more leisurely or the resort.
This is just eerie, the similarities... 4 years since we went as a family. We are celebrating our daughter's HS Graduation and about to depart for college. She asked for this trip in lieu of graduation present. And the girls can park hop on their own (one of the reasons we're staying Epcot area, makes it easier) as they're 17, 16 and 16, giving my DH and I some time to explore the parks or actually hang out at the resort! There ought to be a club for us types!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
Back from another fantastic stay CL. We had a fantastic view of Paris and enjoyed the Illuminations nightly from our balcony. We are heading back the first week of Dec.
Oh please, Nascargirl, can you share thoughts, details, anecdotes from your trip. I love to live vicariously...

Old 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #98
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

mademluc- BWI CL is our favorite resort. It is like a second home to us.
This trip was slightly layed back as DH was on crutches from an on the job injury 2 weeks prior. He didn't want to use a scooter. We love being able to walk or boat to DHS or Epcot. This trip we had to use the boats but we never had to wait long. We love being about to walk or yes take the boat to the BC and walk around. We only had to rely on bus transportation for AK and Downtown Disney. We had to wait 45 min to return back to the resort from DD Disney after Cirque. The entire bus was not happy. We had great meals all around. We hit Artist Point twice and had our 2 favorite waiters.
We are looking forward to returning in Dec. DH is facing a knee replacement so hopefully by the time Dec rolls around he will be much better.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #99
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I hope most ppl on the bus complained to management about the 45 min wait that's just ridiculous!

ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #100
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
mademluc- BWI CL is our favorite resort. It is like a second home to us.
This trip was slightly layed back as DH was on crutches from an on the job injury 2 weeks prior. He didn't want to use a scooter. We love being able to walk or boat to DHS or Epcot. This trip we had to use the boats but we never had to wait long. We love being about to walk or yes take the boat to the BC and walk around. We only had to rely on bus transportation for AK and Downtown Disney. We had to wait 45 min to return back to the resort from DD Disney after Cirque. The entire bus was not happy. We had great meals all around. We hit Artist Point twice and had our 2 favorite waiters.
We are looking forward to returning in Dec. DH is facing a knee replacement so hopefully by the time Dec rolls around he will be much better.
How did you get back and forth from Artist Point? Just curious - planning for when we are going to WCC at WL in October

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 06-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #101
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Just returned for our first stay at BWV. I learned a lot reading this thread. I really liked it, and can't wait to come back. I was a little nervous about staying at a resort I had never been to before. Everything went smoothly. I did online check in and our room was ready when we arrived. I loved our room location. We were in 4085, a standard view studio. It wasn't too far from the elevators, some stairs were right across the hall and the ice machine was right next door. I was afraid we might hear noise from it, but we never did. Our balcony overlooked the front of the resort and we could see parts Illuminations. It took a little while to figure out the layout of the resort, 2nd floor for the lobby and bus stop, and 1st floor for boardwalk and pool. But once I learned my way around it was wonderful.
We walked to EPCOT and HS and rode the boat back a couple of times. Riding the boat back from EPCOT was nice because BW was the first stop, however from HS it was last stop. That made for a long ride and it was stuffy inside the boat. We took the bus to AK and MK. The only issue we had with the buses was when we rode it to AK. We didn't have to wait long for a bus, but by the time it made all the other stops (swan, dolphin, and waterpark) it took almost an hour to get to the park. The same things on the way home. The trips to and from MK were much better.
I hope next time we come we will have more time to explore around the resort. This time we were just too busy. We did go swimming a few times. On our last night we decided to go the quiet pool since we hadn't been to it and it ended up being movie night. So we got to swim and watch Mulan at the same time.
While it is always nice to be home, I am ready to go back. Unfortunately it'll be a few years until I can convice DH to go back and he didn't even go on this trip. He just doesn't like the Disney vacations like DD and I do. Until then I'll have to read the disboards to get my Disney fix.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #102
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Your hostess will be taking a vacation soon, so I might fall behind in posting for about a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomboys2 View Post
We will be at Boardwalk....from 7/14-7/19..staying in standard club room. 1st time doing the club level...but with 2 teenage boys...the extra food/snacks will be helpful!!!! Even with the dining plan..LOL

SOOOO Excited..it has been about 4 years since we were at WDW. This year we are celebrating our son's High School Graduation & about to depart for college in the fall!!!!!

He actually asked for this trip instead of a grad. present or party!!! WORKS FOR ME!!!!!

Plus the boys can park hop on their own (ages 18 & 13)....so gives my hubby and I some time to explore the parks more leisurely or the resort.
How exciting and congrats to DS! I'll add you to the BWB (BoardWalk Bulletin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
Add me to the Bulletin Please!!! We'll be there 11/1 - 11/8!! 141 days to go!!!
friend of TaraPA to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread! I'll put you in the BWB

Quote:
Back from another fantastic stay CL. We had a fantastic view of Paris and enjoyed the Illuminations nightly from our balcony. We are heading back the first week of Dec.
It's always great to have another trip booked before you leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Welcome PoohCorner71!!!! Gang this is my good friend - she's been a Disney freak for a long time, but just now getting on to The DIS!!

We've vacationed together before but not Disney - not yet anyway! We will we will!
Poor girl will be run ragged with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
DVC member and BW lover here!! We will be going home 10/3-10/8 for the TOT race and to celebrate our 25th anniversary!
Happy anniversary and I'll add you to the first post, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I agree, this was my issue with BC CL!! The whole hallway was worn and stained I was NOT impressed! Poly, GF and CR CL rooms and hallways weren't like that!!

I think the contrast is even greater now since CR and WL just received soft rehabs and Poly is undergoing one right now. Usually the soft rehabs occur about every 6-8 years, so it could be another couple of years or more before another BWI rehab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabean View Post
We last stayed at the BWI last Mar '12, and we'll be returning this August '13.

One of our kids described it as "like the GF... only funner"
(a lot of the room furnishings are very similar to the GF also)

We're a family of 6, so we stay in a Deluxe-club room on the BW side.

The best thing about BWI: the balcony view of the BW & Crescent lake, especially at night.

The worst thing about BWI: the lack of elevators makes for these ridiculous long walks down the hallways.

1940's? Actually according to the architects, it's supposed to be early 20th century:
http://www.ramsa.com/en/projects-sea...boardwalk.html

Because we're from near Philly, and familiar with the South-Jersey shore, to us the lobby of the BWI reminds of us Congress Hall in Cape May. Our kids also instantly recognize the small statue of Lucy in the lobby.

Looking forward to August!
Great link that I'm going to add to the first page, with credit to you, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post
Just returned for our first stay at BWV. I learned a lot reading this thread. I really liked it, and can't wait to come back. I was a little nervous about staying at a resort I had never been to before. Everything went smoothly. I did online check in and our room was ready when we arrived. I loved our room location. We were in 4085, a standard view studio. It wasn't too far from the elevators, some stairs were right across the hall and the ice machine was right next door. I was afraid we might hear noise from it, but we never did. Our balcony overlooked the front of the resort and we could see parts Illuminations. It took a little while to figure out the layout of the resort, 2nd floor for the lobby and bus stop, and 1st floor for boardwalk and pool. But once I learned my way around it was wonderful.
We walked to EPCOT and HS and rode the boat back a couple of times. Riding the boat back from EPCOT was nice because BW was the first stop, however from HS it was last stop. That made for a long ride and it was stuffy inside the boat. We took the bus to AK and MK. The only issue we had with the buses was when we rode it to AK. We didn't have to wait long for a bus, but by the time it made all the other stops (swan, dolphin, and waterpark) it took almost an hour to get to the park. The same things on the way home. The trips to and from MK were much better.
I hope next time we come we will have more time to explore around the resort. This time we were just too busy. We did go swimming a few times. On our last night we decided to go the quiet pool since we hadn't been to it and it ended up being movie night. So we got to swim and watch Mulan at the same time.
While it is always nice to be home, I am ready to go back. Unfortunately it'll be a few years until I can convice DH to go back and he didn't even go on this trip. He just doesn't like the Disney vacations like DD and I do. Until then I'll have to read the disboards to get my Disney fix.
Thanks so much for letting us know how your stay went. Looks like you and DD may need to visit WDW without DH so you can go sooner
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #103
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Well.... the day I leave for Cancun, you start the new thread....now I'm late! (you know how I hate to be late, Kook) Can't wait to go back and read every word of it!!!! I'm sure it's top notch as usual

Adios for now! The beach is calling my name
Heather

I started it in honor of your vacation - no, really. I thought you would have plenty of time in between Margaritas, swimming with the dolphins, lounging on the beach and doing your Stats homework to peruse the updated thread.

I've got to finish packing now
Old 06-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #104
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Have a great vacation KOOK!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #105
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

LisaCM614- We always rent a car. Sometimes we will take the MK bus to MK, then hop onto the WL bus. Then when we are ready to return, we take the DD bus and spend time there before we head back to the BWI.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: