Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #961
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!! Plan our arrival day lunch being there. Anyone else going to be there for easter?
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #962
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
Thanks so much!! Plan our arrival day lunch being there. Anyone else going to be there for easter?
No prob. Have a great trip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #963
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I had posted on this thread earlier that I was able to customize our Magic Bands for our end of Oct. trip. We had a change in room category, when a CM from BWI called to tell us that they're changing the Garden Cottages to just accommodate 2 ppl.. (Maybe someone wants to update this on the page in this thread with the room descriptions) They are taking out the sofa bed downstairs.
I went back on My Disney Experience & it doesn't show any tickets for us & my Magic Band countdown & our customized bands gone.. Has this happened to anyone else.
I'm sorry you had your MBs and reservation changed, but thank you for posting the information about the Garden Cottages. Did they take you out of the cottage? I will post an update to the first page, with credit to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocco90 View Post
Hi! I'm renting points and staying at BWV studio for the first time in December. I'm very excited. I will be traveling with my three year old son and I was wondering what kind of child safe lock they have on the balcony door. Usually we stay at POFQ and I never worried about a balcony before. Thanks!
I've never stayed at BWV, but they might be the same as the BLT locks with one child-proof latch up high and another at the handle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45 View Post
I am so sorry if this is in the wrong area. I am struggling through the boards trying to figure out where to post, and how to get there again to find my post once I do. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have read the instructions but am technologically challenged. I do however, bake a mean cheesecake. (So I'm not all bad...)

We are considering renting DVC points to stay at BWV (studio, bw view) for first week of December 2014. This could be a real dream come true for us because we wouldn't consider it if booking directly thru Disney due to budget. I am learning about 11 mo and 7 mo booking windows but am confused about how early I can seek out a rental. Can I look now, and somehow be put on a waiting list? I'm concerned that things will book very fast and we'll miss the opportunity.

Thanks so much for any help! Enjoy your day
Don't apologize and welcome to the thread! We've all been lost on the DIS at some point.

Another option is to book a cash reservation. You can go to the Disney website and check January availability now. There's usually a public discount for January and when that comes out, you could try to apply the discount to your booking. You would also get daily housekeeping and flexible cancelations/changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Ha Kook - you know me too well...

I have begun the staging area for my trip. I use the guest room bed to begin collecting items I want to take and won't need before the trip like:

1. the extra power strip for charging 3 camera batteries, 3 cell phones and still drying hair, making cofee etc.
2. My pre-made mousekeeping tip envelope
3. My annual pass
4. MNSSHP part tickets
5. Halloween costumes
6. Bonine
7. Rain poncho

I have gotten to the age that when I think about it, I have to stop and put it in the guest room, or I forget
That sounds like a great tactic at any age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
We just got back from another great stay at BWV! This time we were in 4038, a 1-bedroom Luna Park view villa. Also had a great view of ToT and Fantasmic fireworks. Here is a panoramic picture of the view
Lovely - may I post it to the BWV view section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Can anyone tell me if the BWI is scheduled to undergo any refurb this January (i.e. pool)? I know that Disney typically refurbs the resort pools in January every other year, so did the BWI undergo a pool refurb last winter?

Thanks!
The last LPP refurbishment was January - March of this year so there shouldn't be another one in 2014.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #964
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The last LPP refurbishment was January - March of this year so there shouldn't be another one in 2014.
Glad to hear it. Thank you as always!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #965
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Glad to hear it. Thank you as always!
You're welcome and I should probably qualify my remark by saying that there most likely wouldn't be another rehab one year later
Old 09-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #966
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran

We arrive on Oct 17 and we were selected to test Magic Bands! Yahoo!

Just hope we take the time to get them all set up!
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
Old 09-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #967
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Lovely - may I post it to the BWV view section?
Please feel free to add it!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #968
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;49635610]I'm sorry you had your MBs and reservation changed, but thank you for posting the information about the Garden Cottages. Did they take you out of the cottage? I will post an update to the first page, with credit to you.

Thank you..I just wanted to let ppl know of the update.
We were extremely lucky!! We were booked with 4 ppl in a Garden Cottage. The queen pullout for my son and a rollaway bed for my DD.
They called to tell me of the renovation to allow only 2 ppl in the Garden Cottage. To my surprise and excitement, they upgraded us to a 2 Bdrm Suite!!We are so excited!!

The problem I've had, and im not sure if anyone else has had this problem, whenever they modify my reservation, my tickets disappear, as well as the Magic Bands that I customized. Hopefully, they are working to fix this small problem.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 09-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #969
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
You're welcome and I should probably qualify my remark by saying that there most likely wouldn't be another rehab one year later
No worries- won't blame you if there is!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #970
WDWKOOK

Walt Disney World Resorts to Enforce Pool Hours

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Sep 22, 2013 | Updated: Sep 22, 2013 - 8:43:15 PM

New rules will be in force for the pools at the Walt Disney World resorts beginning this November. Not all the pools are fenced in, so even when they are officially closed, guests are still able to swim, though there are no lifeguards overnight. Fences will be added around any pools that don't currently have them, so guests will only have access when there are lifeguards on duty. The pools will be closed from 11:00pm to 7:00am.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #971
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Ha Kook - you know me too well...

I have begun the staging area for my trip. I use the guest room bed to begin collecting items I want to take and won't need before the trip like:

1. the extra power strip for charging 3 camera batteries, 3 cell phones and still drying hair, making cofee etc.
2. My pre-made mousekeeping tip envelope
3. My annual pass
4. MNSSHP part tickets
5. Halloween costumes
6. Bonine
7. Rain poncho

I have gotten to the age that when I think about it, I have to stop and put it in the guest room, or I forget
Hi I have a few trips at GF coming up but peeked over here when I saw KOOK post. I do "prepacking" too. Advil, bandaids, wine, cork screw, Benadryl spray for bites, bathing suits, dollar store ponchos.

Hey I have 6 weeks but I guess I can start now too
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #972
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Hi I have a few trips at GF coming up but peeked over here when I saw KOOK post. I do "prepacking" too. Advil, bandaids, wine, cork screw, Benadryl spray for bites, bathing suits, dollar store ponchos.

It's never too soon to pack, but it can be too late...

Happy GF packing!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #973
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:

New rules will be in force for the pools at the Walt Disney World resorts beginning this November. Not all the pools are fenced in, so even when they are officially closed, guests are still able to swim, though there are no lifeguards overnight. Fences will be added around any pools that don't currently have them, so guests will only have access when there are lifeguards on duty. The pools will be closed from 11:00pm to 7:00am.
Are they intending to add lifeguards to watch over the quiet pool at BWI and the other resorts? I was literally the only person in the pool several times in March (when it was pretty darn cold) and in August. That just seems like a crazy expense to pay for a lifeguard to watch an empty or nearly empty pool. At the same time, I would hate for them to close the quiet pools except during really busy times. I loved having a private pool!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #974
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Are they intending to add lifeguards to watch over the quiet pool at BWI and the other resorts? I was literally the only person in the pool several times in March (when it was pretty darn cold) and in August. That just seems like a crazy expense to pay for a lifeguard to watch an empty or nearly empty pool. At the same time, I would hate for them to close the quiet pools except during really busy times. I loved having a private pool!
I'm guessing no on the lifeguards. Disney's team of villains, er um, lawyers probably thought that it would be cheaper to have fences up for liability purposes for guests instead of just signs that say pool closed. We like to swim late in the evening as well, but probably not after 11:00 PM. Now, if there was only a way to stop 4 year olds from doing cannonballs in the hot tub.

And, I renounce any statement made regarding villains and lawyers. They are wonderful people.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #975
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post

I am all about the pre-packing and agree you should start now.

I am now 30 days out for the October trip and then am going to the GF the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I will likely not unpack everything

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: