Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #946
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45 View Post
I am so sorry if this is in the wrong area. I am struggling through the boards trying to figure out where to post, and how to get there again to find my post once I do. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have read the instructions but am technologically challenged. I do however, bake a mean cheesecake. (So I'm not all bad...)

We are considering renting DVC points to stay at BWV (studio, bw view) for first week of December 2014. This could be a real dream come true for us because we wouldn't consider it if booking directly thru Disney due to budget. I am learning about 11 mo and 7 mo booking windows but am confused about how early I can seek out a rental. Can I look now, and somehow be put on a waiting list? I'm concerned that things will book very fast and we'll miss the opportunity.

Thanks so much for any help! Enjoy your day
I would definitely start looking for a BWV owner now. It's never too early for that. Then let them know your travel dates and hopefully they'll have enough points when you contact them again at the 11 month window. If you want a BW view, you must contact the owner exactly 11 months to the day. We are renting points for the 2nd time (renting from the same owner) to stay at BWV in 3 weeks. We were a week late in contacting the owner so we were unable to get BW view. We had her put us on a waiting list but so far we haven't heard anything. Apparently, BW view and Standard view go very quickly. There's more leeway with Preferred View (Pool/Garden) which is what we had last time. We had a view of the Luna Park Pool which was fine. Good luck!

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #947
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help! I will go to the rent/trade board.
I'm not sure how to find the location and dates I'm looking for without posting though, since isn't it going to be doubtful that an owner will be posting already for my time frame?
Yes, I'm a little afraid of renting this way...
Thanks again!
People will post where they own and how many points they have to rent/trade. Just find someone that owns at BWV, preferably someone that has posted on here many times and not just in the rent/trade forum. You can ask for a contract and references if you'd like. Trust your gut and do the research and you'll be ok. This is our 2nd time doing it this way and so far, so good.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #948
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help! I will go to the rent/trade board. I'm not sure how to find the location and dates I'm looking for without posting though, since isn't it going to be doubtful that an owner will be posting already for my time frame? Yes, I'm a little afraid of renting this way... Thanks again!
If you look on the rent/trade forum there are posts where owners have ex. 300 points & you can either post or p.m. them & ask if they can secure your dates that you are looking for.
Best of Luck!! I rented previously from someone @ BCV & loved it! :-)
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #949
MAO
BWV Owner

Quote:
I'm not sure how to find the location and dates I'm looking for without posting though, since isn't it going to be doubtful that an owner will be posting already for my time frame?
It looks to me as though a number of people who wish to rent basically say "I have this many points and they are available for xxxx DVC resort." Then you can start 'talking' to them about the dates you want, the category, etc. Some people who rent might already (or plan to) make a reservation and then advertise that, but I think most just wait to see if anyone contacts them to state definitively what dates are desired. So you'll just look for titles that say BWV and "for rent".

eta: whoops! Sorry, samnbilly and bellepearle got there before me. LOL
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #950
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Thanks for the review. Now they sound even better! Can't wait to try! Do they count as a snack credit or as a quick-service credit? Where in Mass are you from?
I was born and raised in Townsend, small town on the NH border, but my husband and I moved to Raynham where he went to Bridgewater State on the GI Bill. Spent a lot of time on the Cape and that is the one thing we miss, the fresh seafood!!!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #951
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45
Thanks again!
You can also try David s Vacation Rental. It's a middle man and the points may be a little higher but less risk.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #952
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
I was born and raised in Townsend, small town on the NH border, but my husband and I moved to Raynham where he went to Bridgewater State on the GI Bill. Spent a lot of time on the Cape and that is the one thing we miss, the fresh seafood!!!
Oh ok. My parents are both from the North Shore. My mom's from Marblehead and my dad's from Revere. We have a lot of family and friends up there. Since you were so close to the NH border, did you ever go to the Beach Plum in North Hampton? We went a few summers ago. Foot-long lobster rolls - amazing! I've only been to the Cape once. We love Cooke's Seafood there. Great fried clams! We live in NJ now. I never lived in New England. You can not find real fried clams here at all! You must miss the fresh seafood now that you live in TN.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #953
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45
Thanks again!
You can also try David s Vacation Rental. It's a middle man and the points may be a little higher but less risk.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #954
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

We just got back from another great stay at BWV! This time we were in 4038, a 1-bedroom Luna Park view villa. Also had a great view of ToT and Fantasmic fireworks. Here is a panoramic picture of the view:

Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #955
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
We just got back from another great stay at BWV! This time we were in 4038, a 1-bedroom Luna Park view villa. Also had a great view of ToT and Fantasmic fireworks. Here is a panoramic picture of the view:

Great shot! Can't wait - 3 more weeks and we'll be there!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #956
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post

Awesome picture.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #957
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Sorry to ask again, but can the dining plan be used for a counter service credit in the bakery?
DS (13)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #958
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help! I will go to the rent/trade board. I'm not sure how to find the location and dates I'm looking for without posting though, since isn't it going to be doubtful that an owner will be posting already for my time frame? Yes, I'm a little afraid of renting this way... Thanks again!
I find DVC renters on another discussion board; search mouse owners and find the rent/trade/transfer board. You may post your desired reservation under reservations wanted. Be specific; dates, room type, view, location, etc. I give several ranked options.

You should post at least 3 weeks before the 11 month window. I rented my first option last time: standard view BWV studio 12/31 - 1/5 for $12.50 per point. I was impressed! The owners know how to get the desired reservation.

I too like to post my request. At one time, you could post a request on the Disboards.

The Boardwalk is our absolute favorite resort. I find it's the hardest to rent outside the 11 month window. You're gonna love it!!

Good Luck!

Last edited by ScarletFire; 09-22-2013 at 09:54 AM.
ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #959
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Can anyone tell me if the BWI is scheduled to undergo any refurb this January (i.e. pool)? I know that Disney typically refurbs the resort pools in January every other year, so did the BWI undergo a pool refurb last winter?

Thanks!
GF- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF- December 2011, AKL & GF- February 2007, BWI- February 2006, AKL- February 2005, Polynesian- February 2004, WL & Polynesian- November 2002, BC- February 2002, CR- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #960
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
Sorry to ask again, but can the dining plan be used for a counter service credit in the bakery?
Yes you can get items at the Boardwalk Bakery that count as counter-service meals on the DDP. You can also get snacks there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: