Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #931
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
You all are talking about how good the Boardwalk Bakery's lobster rolls are. I love lobster rolls but I'm spoiled since my parents are both from Massachusetts. I know what a good lobster roll should be like! For anyone who knows what I'm talking about, how do the lobster rolls at Boardwalk Bakery compare to the typical "Maine Lobster Roll"?
My husband and I are both born and raised in MA, having moved to TN just 10 months ago. The lobster rolls at the bakery are great!! they are genuine New England lobster rolls. very little mayo and no filler. The ones we tried at Hurricane Hannah's in May were awful. Granted they were shrimp and lobster rolls, but nothing like what they should have been.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #932
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
My husband and I are both born and raised in MA, having moved to TN just 10 months ago. The lobster rolls at the bakery are great!! they are genuine New England lobster rolls. very little mayo and no filler. The ones we tried at Hurricane Hannah's in May were awful. Granted they were shrimp and lobster rolls, but nothing like what they should have been.
New Hampshire here! (Born in MA, lived in New England all my life) Those "lobster rolls" at HH's were terrible!

I saw the ones at boardwalk Bakery and thought they looked great! Good to know they are. I will try it next time!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #933
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Now, I have had two types of lobster rolls. Which one is at the bakery?

(1) Split whole lobster tail, butter, toasted hoagie bun. Excellent.
(2) Diced lobster mixed with mayonnaise on hoagie bun. Terrible.
While I haven't had the ones at BW Bakery I agree 100% with AirGoofy any mayo at all just ruins it and it is not a true lobster roll to me, toasted bun filled with buttered lobster delicious!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #934
Nanajo1
DIS Veteran

People have to realize there's a difference between a Lobster Roll and Lobster salad!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Offsite 5/78,CR 11/85,BWV 3/99,OKW 11/99, BWV 3/01,OKW 11/01, BWV 3/02, BWV 1/03, OKW 11/03, BWV 2/04, BWV 11/04, BWV 2/05, OKW 11/05, BWV 2/06, AKL 11/06, BWV 11/06, BWV 02/07,OKW 11/07, BWV 02/08, BWV 11/08, BWV 02/09, BWV 11/09,VWL 01/10,OKW 02/10,BWV 11/10, AKV 11/10,BLT 03/11,OKW 03/11,BWV 11/11,AKL 02/12,BWV 03/12, BWV 11/12,OKW 02/13,AKL 03/13, BWV 11/13,OKW 11/13, OKW 02/14,AKLK 03/14, OKW 10/14,BWV 10/14
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/1l5laeked1k6rb
Nanajo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #935
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanajo1 View Post
People have to realize there's a difference between a Lobster Roll and Lobster salad!
This person told the people at Captain's Grill several years ago that even though I am from KY, I know he difference between a lobster roll and a lobster salad sandwich. Currently, their menu has listed "lobster sliders", with the description that it is served chilled. I'm guessing it is still lobster salad sandwich, just with a new name.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #936
mrocco90
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm renting points and staying at BWV studio for the first time in December. I'm very excited. I will be traveling with my three year old son and I was wondering what kind of child safe lock they have on the balcony door. Usually we stay at POFQ and I never worried about a balcony before. Thanks!
mrocco90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #937
were45
Mouseketeer

Smile how far ahead to book

I am so sorry if this is in the wrong area. I am struggling through the boards trying to figure out where to post, and how to get there again to find my post once I do. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have read the instructions but am technologically challenged. I do however, bake a mean cheesecake. (So I'm not all bad...)

We are considering renting DVC points to stay at BWV (studio, bw view) for first week of December 2014. This could be a real dream come true for us because we wouldn't consider it if booking directly thru Disney due to budget. I am learning about 11 mo and 7 mo booking windows but am confused about how early I can seek out a rental. Can I look now, and somehow be put on a waiting list? I'm concerned that things will book very fast and we'll miss the opportunity.

Thanks so much for any help! Enjoy your day
were45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #938
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45
I am so sorry if this is in the wrong area. I am struggling through the boards trying to figure out where to post, and how to get there again to find my post once I do. I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I have read the instructions but am technologically challenged. I do however, bake a mean cheesecake. (So I'm not all bad...)

We are considering renting DVC points to stay at BWV (studio, bw view) for first week of December 2014. This could be a real dream come true for us because we wouldn't consider it if booking directly thru Disney due to budget. I am learning about 11 mo and 7 mo booking windows but am confused about how early I can seek out a rental. Can I look now, and somehow be put on a waiting list? I'm concerned that things will book very fast and we'll miss the opportunity.

Thanks so much for any help! Enjoy your day
I'm renting on 1/1/14, which is also a busy time. I started looking for a person who owns bwv points about a week before the 11 month mark. We found Someone right at the 11 Month mark but could only get pool view, which is ok because we wanted 1st floor. I'm just thankful to have found someone so we could stay at bwv.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #939
MAO
BWV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45 View Post
There's a subset of message boards on the DIS that are specific to DVC and I think that's where you want to be. Look in particular for the Rent/Trade forum, but I don't think *you* post there. Read the Sticky that deals with the rules; my understanding is you'll want to find someone offering BWV points for rent and contact them directly. For the record, if you rent from someone who owns at BWV, they would try to make the reservation for you in January 2014 -- so this is not a bad time (i.e., too early or too late) to try and find someone to rent from as you'll want to make sure you understand your rights and obligations before you give them any money.
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #940
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Thanks for the review. Now they sound even better! Can't wait to try! Do they count as a snack credit or as a quick-service credit? Where in Mass are you from?

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #941
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
While I haven't had the ones at BW Bakery I agree 100% with AirGoofy any mayo at all just ruins it and it is not a true lobster roll to me, toasted bun filled with buttered lobster delicious!
A true lobster roll should have just a hint of mayo. You don't want it to be like the consistency of a macaroni salad or potato salad but it should have just a hint of mayo with light chopped up celery in a toasted buttery bun. Yum. Making myself hungry now! Ha!

Old 09-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #942
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanajo1 View Post
Totally!

Old 09-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #943
were45
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your help! I will go to the rent/trade board.
I'm not sure how to find the location and dates I'm looking for without posting though, since isn't it going to be doubtful that an owner will be posting already for my time frame?
Yes, I'm a little afraid of renting this way...
Thanks again!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #944
were45
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAO View Post
There's a subset of message boards on the DIS that are specific to DVC and I think that's where you want to be. Look in particular for the Rent/Trade forum, but I don't think *you* post there. Read the Sticky that deals with the rules; my understanding is you'll want to find someone offering BWV points for rent and contact them directly. For the record, if you rent from someone who owns at BWV, they would try to make the reservation for you in January 2014 -- so this is not a bad time (i.e., too early or too late) to try and find someone to rent from as you'll want to make sure you understand your rights and obligations before you give them any money.
Sorry - the post I just made was for you! Didn't hit 'quote'.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #945
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

Just over 30 days

Ha Kook - you know me too well...

I have begun the staging area for my trip. I use the guest room bed to begin collecting items I want to take and won't need before the trip like:

1. the extra power strip for charging 3 camera batteries, 3 cell phones and still drying hair, making cofee etc.
2. My pre-made mousekeeping tip envelope
3. My annual pass
4. MNSSHP part tickets
5. Halloween costumes
6. Bonine
7. Rain poncho

I have gotten to the age that when I think about it, I have to stop and put it in the guest room, or I forget

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: