Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #901
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsmith921 View Post
We are currently club level BWI in a standard room and while we don't have a huge balcony, it has a small table and two chairs. I was hoping for bigger but with the boardwalk view I don't care as much. Just happy it's not one of the Juliet type balconies. We are 4th floor, just outside the lounge and the location is perfect. I'm happy to be so close to the lounge versus closer to the elevators. Just walk across the hall and we're there.
Sounds wonderful!!! We've stayed in a BWI CL room with a HUGE balcony and a room closer to the lounge with a small balcony. At first, I thought I would prefer the huge balcony, but the small balcony is quite cozy and I loved it - it's actually more relaxing for me because there is no room for our boys to sword fight out there.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #902
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
We're here at BWV. Got in late last night as our flight was late coming up from Orlando. Man, if you miss that 10:00pm cutoff for ME, you have to drag your bags from one end of the terminal to the other ;-)

We are in room 2043, right over the Screen Door. It's a one bedroom with a huge balcony. Great location as it's not that far off the lobby (unlike May, when we were all the way at the end :-) Even though I ask for an upper floor, you can't beat the view. Getting ready to hit MK and we get to see how the fast pass for lunch at BOG works.

Oh yeah, the lights coming in through the curtain at night are so BRIGHT!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
We had that room once. We loved it!! The kids spent all their time out on the balcony, it was like having an extra room. Enjoy!
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #903
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Lucky you! We had a BOG lunch fast pass when we were there in August. It worked perfectly. It was great to not have to wait in that huge line. Make sure to walk around the restaurant before you choose where you want to sit. The three rooms for lunch are quite different.
So best laid plans. I had heard about the BOG FP here on the boards and made reservations two months ago. We show up for lunch and our name isn't in the system. I'm upset, more with myself for questioning why we never got a confirmation. A manager was called over and long story short, he said since it our anniversary, they'd help out and put us on the FP line. As we walked over, he said that the website that was posted on these boards is NOT associated with Disney.

Oh, and since we've eaten in the ballroom, we chose the library. Nice.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #904
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
So best laid plans. I had heard about the BOG FP here on the boards and made reservations two months ago. We show up for lunch and our name isn't in the system. I'm upset, more with myself for questioning why we never got a confirmation. A manager was called over and long story short, he said since it our anniversary, they'd help out and put us on the FP line. As we walked over, he said that the website that was posted on these boards is NOT associated with Disney.

Oh, and since we've eaten in the ballroom, we chose the library. Nice.

Sorry it wasn't a success for you. I used the link that was on the Restaurant Board to get the FP for BOG in August and our names were on the list that was kept by the kiosk. (We didn't receive a confirmation number -- which was weird, but I figured we'd just go with the flow if it wasn't working.) They directed us to the front of the line and we were set. Hope you had a good time. I was glad to have done the lunch, and the setting is very pretty, but it's not something I need to do over and over. The lobster roll at the Boardwalk Bakery is better.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #905
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

So excited to be staying at BWV in April! we had the choice of first 3 nights at BW view and the rest were available at a standard view or all BW....well I bit the bullet and we are in a bw view studio for 7 nights off to research more about the whole resort including dining! Happy Easter to US
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #906
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
So excited to be staying at BWV in April! we had the choice of first 3 nights at BW view and the rest were available at a standard view or all BW....well I bit the bullet and we are in a bw view studio for 7 nights off to research more about the whole resort including dining! Happy Easter to US
Saw your other post. I don't do room requests because that is just part of the surprise magic for us. So, i don't have any suggestions for you there. But, do schedule some time to enjoy the resort. We love BWV because of its proximity to Epcot & DHS as well as the energy of the boardwalk and night entertainment. Lots of good dining choices between BWV and short walk over to Yacht and Beach Club.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #907
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #908
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

deluxe rooms

is there a quick reference to see where these rooms are and the views?

thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #909
nitrot150
Earning My Ears

Just an FYI, we are here now and Joe's is no longer coffee, it is now a margarita stand!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #910
nitrot150
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We love the BW view! So much to look at when the kids start going down for the night, just out the balcony!

Old 09-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #911
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We're here atBWI now! The weather is hot but a beautiful day. The pool wasn't crowded at all earlier. We're staying CL with a boardwalk view & a nice balcony with two chairs & a table. It's a wonderful view. Though before our stay I had read negative reviews because of the noise from the boardwalk; we haven't had any problems with noise. Our first night we ate at California Grill. It was delicious & the views are amazing. Yesterday we spent the day at Epcot. The crowds were heavier than last year when we came around the same time, but still not bad. We dined at Teppan Edo, it was great (except for the chicken which was dry). But all the other items and our chef were terrific. Tonight is MNSSHP!
Hope you're still having a great vacation at BWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Just over 3 more weeks until we are at the "Happiest Place on Earth"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
Hi all! We are considering a deluxe cl room for our vacation at the end of April 2014. It's one of the only ways our family of 7 (includes a 2 yr old) fits in a deluxe room.
Does anyone know if the deluxe rooms are all on the same floor as the inn keepers club? Also, do they all have a boardwalk view?

Thanks!
Welcome to the thread! This is from the first page and might be helpful to you:

Deluxe Room locations:
3225, 3227, 3229, 4225, 4227, 4229 Are above the BoardWalk Bakery.
3255, 3257, 4255, 4257 Are close to Flying Fish.
Courtesy of Crazy Hakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarQE View Post
Hey all - just back from 3 nights at BWV - 2 on rented points, one on airline miles (couldn't get the first night on points - miles reservations come from the CRO)

We (and others) had problems with KTTW being properly set up to charge - we checked-in on-line to both reservations (kept us in the same 1 br - thanks to the BWV CMs!) and had no problems with the first night keys - the second set of keys (on the rented points - checked in with the same CC and Pin numbers) would not charge. Found this out at BOG (luckily I had a CC with us).

Had the keys re-issued. immediately went to Dundy's to buy something (just to check the cards) and my pin had been re-set and would not work and DW's pin worked but our account was marked as "over limit" (we hadn't spent a penny on the second reservation, should have had a full $1500).

CMs at the desk are saying "some times this just happens" - ran into another couple on the boardwalk this morning trying to charge to their room with the same results.

Disney IT strikes again. Advise you check your KTTW cards PRIOR to hitting the parks without your wallet!
Welcome back and thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote:
We're here at BWV. Got in late last night as our flight was late coming up from Orlando. Man, if you miss that 10:00pm cutoff for ME, you have to drag your bags from one end of the terminal to the other ;-)

We are in room 2043, right over the Screen Door. It's a one bedroom with a huge balcony. Great location as it's not that far off the lobby (unlike May, when we were all the way at the end :-) Even though I ask for an upper floor, you can't beat the view. Getting ready to hit MK and we get to see how the fast pass for lunch at BOG works.

Oh yeah, the lights coming in through the curtain at night are so BRIGHT!

Have you had to wear your sunglasses at night?

I guess we'll hear from you again post-cruise? Happy sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Do all of the BWI CL rooms have full balconies? Thanks!

And, if we prefer to be on the same floor as the lounge (as I understand some rooms are not), then I would imagine that should be our 1st request, right?
Only five of the Deluxe rooms are not on the CL floor. All of the STD CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge. We were in a room just outside of the Innkeeper's Club door. We had an extra large balcony and were on the same floor as the lounge, so you won't need to request that if you're not in a Deluxe room. You might want to request your preferred view though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenluvsDisney View Post
Just booked BWI for next August! Only 318 days to go! I'm SO excited as I've never stayed at an Epcot resort before and that's truly my favourite of the four parks.

Thanks to all the Boardwalk vets who have posted to this thread. You all deserve a commission from Disney as your glowing reviews convinced me and my DH that this would be the perfect place for us and our kids (DS14, DD12) next summer!!
Congratulations and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsmith921 View Post
We are currently club level BWI in a standard room and while we don't have a huge balcony, it has a small table and two chairs. I was hoping for bigger but with the boardwalk view I don't care as much. Just happy it's not one of the Juliet type balconies. We are 4th floor, just outside the lounge and the location is perfect. I'm happy to be so close to the lounge versus closer to the elevators. Just walk across the hall and we're there.
Enjoy your stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
is there a quick reference to see where these rooms are and the views?

thanks
All Deluxe rooms have BW views.

From the first page:

3225, 3227, 3229, 4225, 4227, 4229 Are above the BoardWalk Bakery.
3255, 3257, 4255, 4257 Are close to Flying Fish.
Courtesy of Crazy Hakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrot150 View Post
Just an FYI, we are here now and Joe's is no longer coffee, it is now a margarita stand!

Will it be renamed BoardWalk José's?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #912
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Are the deacon benches only in a dedicated studio?
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #913
psac
DIS Veteran

I think I've posted this before, but I hope you don't mind.

Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #914
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

OOOH psac, that looks so nice...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #915
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Are the deacon benches only in a dedicated studio?
Yes. And they cannot be requested. It's just luck of the draw if you get it or not. Long ago it was a booking category. But no longer.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: