Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #886
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
Do all standard rooms have balconies?
From what I have been able to find out there are 4-5 Std located on the 5th floor I believe which do not have a balcony. Perhaps someone else has more info, I know my first stay I did put balcony as one of my requests

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #887
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Do all standard rooms have balconies?
I believe there are a few standard rooms that do not have balconies. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading that somewhere -- maybe in this thread (?).

Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #888
The V Gang
The V Gang

Hi all! We are considering a deluxe cl room for our vacation at the end of April 2014. It's one of the only ways our family of 7 (includes a 2 yr old) fits in a deluxe room.
Does anyone know if the deluxe rooms are all on the same floor as the inn keepers club? Also, do they all have a boardwalk view?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #889
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Out of all those rooms, i hope I am not the one who ends up in a room w/o a balcony! lol

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #890
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

So this will not only be our 1st stay at the boardwalk....it will be our 1st time ever in the boardwalk area. Any tips, secrets, advice for a complete and total BW newbie?!?!

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #891
MiramarQE
Mouseketeer

Just back from 4 days at BWV

Hey all - just back from 3 nights at BWV - 2 on rented points, one on airline miles (couldn't get the first night on points - miles reservations come from the CRO)

We (and others) had problems with KTTW being properly set up to charge - we checked-in on-line to both reservations (kept us in the same 1 br - thanks to the BWV CMs!) and had no problems with the first night keys - the second set of keys (on the rented points - checked in with the same CC and Pin numbers) would not charge. Found this out at BOG (luckily I had a CC with us).

Had the keys re-issued. immediately went to Dundy's to buy something (just to check the cards) and my pin had been re-set and would not work and DW's pin worked but our account was marked as "over limit" (we hadn't spent a penny on the second reservation, should have had a full $1500).

CMs at the desk are saying "some times this just happens" - ran into another couple on the boardwalk this morning trying to charge to their room with the same results.

Disney IT strikes again. Advise you check your KTTW cards PRIOR to hitting the parks without your wallet!
MiramarQE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #892
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! Out of all those rooms, i hope I am not the one who ends up in a room w/o a balcony! lol
I've always heard the number of rooms without balconies as either one or two, though I'm sure 4 or 5 is possible. I would just be sure to confirm on check-in if its a big concern.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #893
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

We're here at BWV. Got in late last night as our flight was late coming up from Orlando. Man, if you miss that 10:00pm cutoff for ME, you have to drag your bags from one end of the terminal to the other ;-)

We are in room 2043, right over the Screen Door. It's a one bedroom with a huge balcony. Great location as it's not that far off the lobby (unlike May, when we were all the way at the end :-) Even though I ask for an upper floor, you can't beat the view. Getting ready to hit MK and we get to see how the fast pass for lunch at BOG works.

Oh yeah, the lights coming in through the curtain at night are so BRIGHT!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #894
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Do all of the BWI CL rooms have full balconies? Thanks!

And, if we prefer to be on the same floor as the lounge (as I understand some rooms are not), then I would imagine that should be our 1st request, right?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #895
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarQE View Post
CMs at the desk are saying "some times this just happens" - ran into another couple on the boardwalk this morning trying to charge to their room with the same results.

Disney IT strikes again. Advise you check your KTTW cards PRIOR to hitting the parks without your wallet!
I've been reading so many similar reports regarding the KTTW cards since our split stay at Poly/BWI in January. We had room only reservations with an AP discount at both resorts. I'm so glad we had APs, and therefore, separate tickets from our room keys. At Poly, we had the choice of entirely rebooking our reservation or just going without charging on the cards due to system error. So we just decided that for the rest of the trip, we'd grab our KTTW cards, not set them up to charge and just bring our credit card along everywhere. We already carry a TIW card, all the APs and all the room keys, so an extra card wasn't a big deal. And if they give us magic bands in February, we'll use them for room entrance only, if that's still possible. Not good to have everything connected to one device/card if it's not reliable. That's going to be my plan until the reports of IT problems stop rolling in!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #896
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
We're here at BWV. Got in late last night as our flight was late coming up from Orlando. Man, if you miss that 10:00pm cutoff for ME, you have to drag your bags from one end of the terminal to the other ;-)

We are in room 2043, right over the Screen Door. It's a one bedroom with a huge balcony. Great location as it's not that far off the lobby (unlike May, when we were all the way at the end :-) Even though I ask for an upper floor, you can't beat the view. Getting ready to hit MK and we get to see how the fast pass for lunch at BOG works.

Oh yeah, the lights coming in through the curtain at night are so BRIGHT!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Lucky you! We had a BOG lunch fast pass when we were there in August. It worked perfectly. It was great to not have to wait in that huge line. Make sure to walk around the restaurant before you choose where you want to sit. The three rooms for lunch are quite different.

Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #897
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

have fun to all that are there now! Looks like for my dates there is BW view available for the first 3 nights then then next couple nights standard is open, just waiting for tomorrow when the last night shows. If so then we may grab it. Dont mind switching rooms after the first 3 nights...any suggestions on what to request for each view? Which area? Floor? I saw that someone suggested a studio on the 2nd floor a few pages back. Open to all suggestions, 20 trips under our belt and never stayed at an Epcot Resort area hotel!
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #898
JenluvsDisney
Mouseketeer

Just booked BWI for next August! Only 318 days to go! I'm SO excited as I've never stayed at an Epcot resort before and that's truly my favourite of the four parks.

Thanks to all the Boardwalk vets who have posted to this thread. You all deserve a commission from Disney as your glowing reviews convinced me and my DH that this would be the perfect place for us and our kids (DS14, DD12) next summer!!
JenluvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #899
epsmith921
Mouseketeer

We are currently club level BWI in a standard room and while we don't have a huge balcony, it has a small table and two chairs. I was hoping for bigger but with the boardwalk view I don't care as much. Just happy it's not one of the Juliet type balconies. We are 4th floor, just outside the lounge and the location is perfect. I'm happy to be so close to the lounge versus closer to the elevators. Just walk across the hall and we're there.
epsmith921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #900
krb2g
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
Hi all! We are considering a deluxe cl room for our vacation at the end of April 2014. It's one of the only ways our family of 7 (includes a 2 yr old) fits in a deluxe room.
Does anyone know if the deluxe rooms are all on the same floor as the inn keepers club? Also, do they all have a boardwalk view?

Thanks!
All deluxe CL rooms have boardwalk views; five are on the fourth floor with the lounge and five are on the third floor. We have always been assigned a third floor room, and don't mind the walk to the lounge, especially since we found the back staircase. I think the third floor balconies are a little bigger.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: