Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #871
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
the studio rooms look slightly roomier than the studio we stayed at in AKL in Jambo house. Maybe because the AKL furniture just seemed so big??
Rooms at the various DVC locations do differ in sizes. I haven't stayed at studios in either location, but the even the regular rooms at AKL Jambo are smaller than the regular rooms at BWI.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #872
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

anyone have room location suggestions for a studio?
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #873
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
anyone have room location suggestions for a studio?
We were in a standard studio and had 2083. It was so convenient to the pool, lobby and buses. It was dedicated so there was not a connecting door.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #874
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! Will keep it in mind if we end up renting points for a studio in april! Don't mind walking, will just need to see a map to find stairs if needed.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #875
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrafael View Post

tks mike
We arrive 10/10 and were selected for the test

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #876
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

QQ for all you BWI experts - What are the chances I will have a king bed if I am booked standard view with 2 adults?

I am sooo bummed that we are missing the MB test by 3 days!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #877
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Thanks so much! Will keep it in mind if we end up renting points for a studio in april! Don't mind walking, will just need to see a map to find stairs if needed.
If you don't rent your points soon, you will probably only be able to book the preferred-garden/pool view and not the standard view. You might already be too late for standard view villas for spring break/Easter.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #878
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

The dvc member can check for me thursday. So that is why i am getting my info ready so she can look into what is available. Should i buy tix from ut or through her so that there will be no confusion with the whole fp+? Adding dining for sure.... If nothing is available then we stick with a package from disney direct. Thanks to all!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #879
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debedo View Post
Hi Everyone ! Subscribing to this thread Waiting on ROFR for our points for Boardwalk. We are planning on going the end of April for 10 days. Let the countdown begin
Welcome and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
This is a dedicated studio, not the standard studio that lockoffs from a one bedroom to make a two bedroom. So you might not have the deacon's bench like is shown. You'll probably have a door into the connecting one bedroom villa in that space.
Thanks for letting the OP know the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Awesome!! Back to Bay Lake again. I'm excited for you!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
QQ for all you BWI experts - What are the chances I will have a king bed if I am booked standard view with 2 adults?
I don't know how many King SV rooms there are, but maybe someone else has requested one and will post if they got one.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #880
tsme
DIS Veteran

We're here atBWI now! The weather is hot but a beautiful day. The pool wasn't crowded at all earlier. We're staying CL with a boardwalk view & a nice balcony with two chairs & a table. It's a wonderful view. Though before our stay I had read negative reviews because of the noise from the boardwalk; we haven't had any problems with noise. Our first night we ate at California Grill. It was delicious & the views are amazing. Yesterday we spent the day at Epcot. The crowds were heavier than last year when we came around the same time, but still not bad. We dined at Teppan Edo, it was great (except for the chicken which was dry). But all the other items and our chef were terrific. Tonight is MNSSHP!
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #881
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

Do all standard rooms have balconies?

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #882
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We're here atBWI now! The weather is hot but a beautiful day. The pool wasn't crowded at all earlier. We're staying CL with a boardwalk view & a nice balcony with two chairs & a table. It's a wonderful view. Though before our stay I had read negative reviews because of the noise from the boardwalk; we haven't had any problems with noise. Our first night we ate at California Grill. It was delicious & the views are amazing. Yesterday we spent the day at Epcot. The crowds were heavier than last year when we came around the same time, but still not bad. We dined at Teppan Edo, it was great (except for the chicken which was dry). But all the other items and our chef were terrific. Tonight is MNSSHP!
Thanks so much for the report, and have a great time at MNSSHP!!! I know there are so many different perspectives regarding the Boardwalk view, but we really love it. I find it very relaxing, and just love the music, the water, the boats, etc. I did note that it was more quiet and relaxing when our room was above the Boardwalk Bakery instead of right above Flying Fish. In 2011, I thought our room above FF was the best ever. But when we settled into our room above the Bakery earlier this year, it was even better than the best ever!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #883
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
The dvc member can check for me thursday. So that is why i am getting my info ready so she can look into what is available. Should i buy tix from ut or through her so that there will be no confusion with the whole fp+? Adding dining for sure.... If nothing is available then we stick with a package from disney direct. Thanks to all!
You can't buy tickets from the member. So buy them from UT if you like. Or directly from Disney.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #884
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

thanks wasnt sure if the member could have disney(member services) add them on and we pay by credit card, just like with the Dining plan. I know that if we go this route we will have her add the dining for sure.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #885
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Just over 3 more weeks until we are at the "Happiest Place on Earth"!

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: