Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #856
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post

Hang in there!
They have really cool things to customize the MagicBands, so it will break up the color!
There are Magic Band Coverbands, MagicSliders, & MagicBandits.
These are so Disney cool, that she won't even notice the color!!
Thanks. I know they do. I'm looking forward to that. I still don't understand why it told me that yesterday was my last day to customize when the FAQs say that you have until 10 days prior to your arrival to customize.

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #857
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

can anyone point me in the direction of a recent pic or pics of a Studio at BWV? thanks!
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #858
Jrpbabe2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
I know the villas have those things. I think the studios have microwaves but I'm not sure about toasters. I don't know about the Inn side.
We are staying inn side. Would be nice for bfast items from home. If not, i guess we will do yogurts and other things for bfast
Jrpbabe2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #859
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If my math is right, you're on the 9/21 sailing of the Fantasy? We are, too! Keep an eye out for the couple who look like big Boardwalk fans. . We're doing just one night before at VWL (I hear our thread hostess is fond of the WL ). But then we're back for 8 nights at BWV in November.
Are you on the meet thread here or on FB? You should join, we have a lively group.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #860
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsmith921 View Post
Headed to the boardwalk Tuesday 9/17 to 9/21! Just a few days away! First disney club level stay. Thanks to all the posters here for the great information and pictures!
Yippee! You're going to have a wonderful time - enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard1020 View Post
Well, I have been reading this thread for some time now. Having never stayed at the Boardwalk, I am quite excited for our trip (sep 17-23.) All my other DVC states have been OKW or Saratoga. This is an exciting trip for us. We will be celebrating our anniversary as well as our son's first trip to the world. I've got 40 something trips under my belt (as well as taking my first steps at the Polynesian.)
No matter what, even tho I said it already, we are excited to be staying in the Epcot/DHS resort area...

Dan
to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread, Dan!. Looks like you arrive the same day as lifeguard. Happy anniversary to you and you'll have to take your DS over to the Poly for a Dole Whip at CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4graceandlogan View Post
Rapid Refill mugs- If I buy it at the little marketplace, are the pool, pizza place and bakery still able to refill it? I heard somewhere there is a disclaimer saying no pool bars, but I assume places without a food court will still do so. I really don't want to have to walk from pool to bakery to fill it. That would make it not worth it. Can anyone confirm filling them at the pool?
You can still refill at Luna Park Pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarQE View Post
We're staying 4 days starting this weekend in a 1 br on rented points as a "try out DVC before you buy it" vacation.

We're Florida residents, passholders and have averaged 20 nights in WDW the last few years - usually 8-10 days in the Poly or BC, the rest long weekends at POR/POFQ.

IF we buy DVC (yes it's still an 'if') we would buy either BWV or BCV - we take our long trip in October and I figure the only way to get a reservation at either would be to own there. We can live with SSR for short-notice weekend jaunts.

Anything specific we should be looking for as frequent CRO guests/first time DVC at BWV? Locations within the villas? (do you like 1st floor or higher? Why?) Helpful hints for dealing without Mousekeeping? Things to not forget to bring (due to DW's coffee addiction, we know to bring basket-style not cone paper filter and ground coffee! I'm a workout nut, so I'll sample Muscles & Bustles), etc.
Welcome! Just have to do a little of this and throw out that you can also stay at any DVC on a cash reservation and you'll get daily housekeeping included and you can apply any applicable discounts such as FD or percentage off, like FL Resident rates. You can generally make these reservations at about the 7-9 month point as most villas are released as cash reservations at that point.

I really liked M&B, though Sturdy Branches is my favorite. M&B is small, but has just about everything. Jogging is also great at the Epcot Resorts. You can go down to DHS and around Crescent Lake.

Hope you're enjoying your stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
I should have time at night. We're only the three days before boarding the Fantasy, turn come back for two days for the F&W.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
You're going to have a great surf and turf vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiodisneyguy View Post
Anyone know which BWI standard view rooms have a good view of Epcot(fireworks) and what I should request to get one? Thanks
You would want to request an "Epcot View." I have photos of Room 5282 HERE which has a great view and is on the top floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If my math is right, you're on the 9/21 sailing of the Fantasy? We are, too! Keep an eye out for the couple who look like big Boardwalk fans. . We're doing just one night before at VWL (I hear our thread hostess is fond of the WL ). But then we're back for 8 nights at BWV in November.
Yep, and she's fond of CR, too. Just booked a Tower Club room for June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrpbabe2003 View Post
Since there is no food court, is there a place for guests to use a microwave and a toaster?
No. Only the villas come with a microwave and toaster, like a PP noted. If you're staying club level, you might have access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
can anyone point me in the direction of a recent pic or pics of a Studio at BWV? thanks!
HERE is an AllEars Studio video from last year.

HERE are some post-rehab Studio photos from 12/11.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #861
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

thank you! Was looking to see how much floor space for a cot or air mattress...
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #862
tsme
DIS Veteran

We'll be at BWI around noon tomorrow! So excited!!😄
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #863
tchip827
Earning My Ears

I'm confused about this whole magic band system. I thought you get them at checkin but are they being shipped to you before that? How does that happen and how are you notified to customize them?
tchip827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #864
debedo
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone ! Subscribing to this thread Waiting on ROFR for our points for Boardwalk. We are planning on going the end of April for 10 days. Let the countdown begin
POR 2013
POR/BWV 2014

debedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #865
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchip827 View Post
I'm confused about this whole magic band system. I thought you get them at checkin but are they being shipped to you before that? How does that happen and how are you notified to customize them?
I think you can get them at check-in but if you customize them ahead of time they will send them to your house. I'm still sort of confused about the whole thing myself. I spoke to a CM via chat about a month ago and asked how you would be notified if you were chosen to test the MagicBands. The CM said that you would be notified at least 17 days prior to your arrival via email or snail mail. I logged into MDE this past Thursday night after seeing a post from someone on here that they had gotten MagicBands for their October BWV visit. We'll be at BWV next month as well so I thought maybe we had been chosen for MagicBands as well. Turns out I could order our MagicBands but it said that the next day (Friday) would be my last day for customization. I played around with it Thursday night and did not save what I was doing. I ended up ordering a color MB for my mom and she is not happy with the color that I chose for her. I went back on to MDE yesterday thinking that I could change her color since I still had access to customize the MBs in my reservation (my mom and dad are under a different reservation number) and their reservation said that their MBs could no longer be customized and were being shipped. We called WDTC last night and they said that there was nothing that could be done to change the color. I then looked at the MB section on the FAQs page on the Disney site last night and it says that you have until 10 days prior to your arrival to customize your MBs. I have no idea then why MDE told me that yesterday was my last day to customize our MBs. I plan on contacting a CM tomorrow via chat. Something doesn't sound right here. Hope this helps somewhat.

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #866
csrafael
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hakim View Post
Magic Bands will not be available at the BoardWalk until mid-October. No exact date yet.
tks mike
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #867
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
thank you! Was looking to see how much floor space for a cot or air mattress...
It's going to be hard to fit in a cot or airmattress. A twin sized might fit in the hallway or right at the foot of the bed, but it will make it hard for the others to get to the bathroom or out of bed. If you don't open the sleeper sofa, you'll have a little more room for an airbed.

DVC won't provide either of them. You'll have to bring your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
HERE is an AllEars Studio video from last year.
This is a dedicated studio, not the standard studio that lockoffs from a one bedroom to make a two bedroom. So you might not have the deacon's bench like is shown. You'll probably have a door into the connecting one bedroom villa in that space.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.

Last edited by Deb & Bill; 09-15-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #868
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

the studio rooms look slightly roomier than the studio we stayed at in AKL in Jambo house. Maybe because the AKL furniture just seemed so big??
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #869
jamerican
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hakim View Post
Magic Bands will not be available at the BoardWalk until mid-October. No exact date yet.
I am checking in 10/12 - staying through 10/18 - I want a magic band so bad!!

March 2011 OKW - First Magical Trip! Turned 40 with my blessings! October 2013 - BWV here we come!
jamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #870
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Yep, and she's fond of CR, too. Just booked a Tower Club room for June.

Awesome!! Back to Bay Lake again. I'm excited for you!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: