Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #826
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Will you post live?
I should have time at night. We're only the three days before boarding the Fantasy, turn come back for two days for the F&W.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #827
mom4graceandlogan
DIS Veteran

epssmith921, we are checking in to the WL tomorrow and transferring to BWI on 9/18 Deluxe CL. So excited, our first stay at BWI. So maybe we will see you there! We are also the Smith's. You will know us by me, mom, saying to my 4 year old son, "Ford come back here, Ford don't touch that, etc." We are so close! Have a great trip!
2003; Gracie's first trip Wilderness Lodge;May, 2005 Logan's first trip Wilderness Lodge; December, 2005 Wilderness Lodge;January 2007 Poly and WL Marathon Weekend; Sept 2007 10 days WL/Poly;Sept 2008 10 days BCV/WLV; June 2009 Swan; Thanksgiving Fort WIlderness/Contemporary200;June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, September 2010 Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge; December 2010 Wilderness Lodge and Swan; September, 2011 WL and Dolphin; Buying a house instead of a 2012 trip, actually going anyway and got new house. Sept. 2012 10 days WL/BC concierge, July 2013 AoA and WBC to do all the Orlando attractions we never get to; Sept. 2013 WL Villas and BWV, 4/2014 Chaperone chorus trip to POP
mom4graceandlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #828
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

We are staying at BWV with a garden or pool view. Any suggestions for a room request?
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #829
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarQE View Post

Anything specific we should be looking for as frequent CRO guests/first time DVC at BWV? Locations within the villas? (do you like 1st floor or higher? Why?) Helpful hints for dealing without Mousekeeping? Things to not forget to bring (due to DW's coffee addiction, we know to bring basket-style not cone paper filter and ground coffee! I'm a workout nut, so I'll sample Muscles & Bustles), etc.
4 days or 4 nights? Because if you aren't there 4 nights, basically there's no interaction with mousekeeping, as you won't be there long enough to even get trash and towel service. If you are there 4 nights, you should get trash and towel service the day prior to your check out.

Now, if you want daily cleaning, you can get it for an additional fee.

Hope you enjoy your stay!
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #830
Ohiodisneyguy
DIS Veteran

Help with BWI room request

Anyone know which BWI standard view rooms have a good view of Epcot(fireworks) and what I should request to get one? Thanks
2006 POR and Vero Beach,2007 POR,2008 AKL/CSR
2009 Dis Wonder,WL,2010 CR/Poly,Dolphin, 2011 Dolphin and Disney Dream, 2013 BWI/AKL

Ohiodisneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #831
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Has anyone else been able to customize their Magic Bands and make their FP+ selections? I was finally able to tonight! We're checking into BWV on 10/27, and I was able to make our FP+ selections for our entire stay It was actually pretty fun to do. Can't wait until we get our bands!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #832
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
Has anyone else been able to customize their Magic Bands and make their FP+ selections? I was finally able to tonight! We're checking into BWV on 10/27, and I was able to make our FP+ selections for our entire stay It was actually pretty fun to do. Can't wait until we get our bands!
I am so excited about this!! I was hoping BWI would get them!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #833
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
I should have time at night. We're only the three days before boarding the Fantasy, turn come back for two days for the F&W.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
If my math is right, you're on the 9/21 sailing of the Fantasy? We are, too! Keep an eye out for the couple who look like big Boardwalk fans. . We're doing just one night before at VWL (I hear our thread hostess is fond of the WL ). But then we're back for 8 nights at BWV in November.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #834
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're staying 4 days starting this weekend in a 1 br on rented points as a "try out DVC before you buy it" vacation.

We're Florida residents, passholders and have averaged 20 nights in WDW the last few years - usually 8-10 days in the Poly or BC, the rest long weekends at POR/POFQ.

IF we buy DVC (yes it's still an 'if') we would buy either BWV or BCV - we take our long trip in October and I figure the only way to get a reservation at either would be to own there. We can live with SSR for short-notice weekend jaunts.

Anything specific we should be looking for as frequent CRO guests/first time DVC at BWV? Locations within the villas? (do you like 1st floor or higher? Why?) Helpful hints for dealing without Mousekeeping? Things to not forget to bring (due to DW's coffee addiction, we know to bring basket-style not cone paper filter and ground coffee! I'm a workout nut, so I'll sample Muscles & Bustles), etc.
You didn't say what view you have booked, so it's hard to recommend a location request. If you're checking in this weekend, it might be too late anyway. In general we love the BW view, but above that, we always request high floor so that we can keep the drapes open and not worry about people seeing in, always our biggest issue with first floors. If you're the type who would walk to DHS (we're not), depending on room location, something like second floor may be best to walk down stairs and out to a shorter walk to DHS if your room is down that way.
In general with a four night stay, you might night need to the washer/dryer, one of the HUGE advantages of the 1BR to be able to pack less. For those we pack the Purell 3-in-1 washer/dryer sheets, which I think you can only get online now. Since you're in Florida, I'll assume you're driving, great to make use of the fridge for simple breakfast foods (buy milk and cereal or bread for toast and butter, etc.), and lots of bottled water or other drinks at non-Disney prices. Also pack anything else for your coffee you need -- sugar, Splenda, etc.
For the lack of mouse keeping, just be sure to hang up towels (or throw them in the wash if really needed), put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and you can take the trash out down the hall on your own if you really need to. You get used to it really quick!
On top of all that, IF you buy DVC, check out resale!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #835
MiramarQE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
4 days or 4 nights? Because if you aren't there 4 nights, basically there's no interaction with mousekeeping, as you won't be there long enough to even get trash and towel service. If you are there 4 nights, you should get trash and towel service the day prior to your check out.

Now, if you want daily cleaning, you can get it for an additional fee.

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks nono - and yes, we're going to add a day of Mousekeeping to see what the service is like - the $45 just gets added to the "capital cost" of any DVC purchase - and the total cost of the stay in a 1 br is still less than a deluxe would have cost us. Our goal is to give DVC a thorough test-run - so we understand all the differences between DVC and the CRO rooms.

Don't know if we'll even get to the parks (other than MK as we were able to snag a BOG dinner reservation) - we're going to spend at least some time at all the DVC resorts (never even seen AKL, OKW or WL) just to get a feel for how they would be for a stay - restaurants, pools, etc.
MiramarQE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #836
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
I just customized our bands! We can't do fast passes for another 2 weeks due to where we're getting our tickets and how they're ordered, but i'm excited i at least have our bands for now!

so excited we got included for our trip 10/23-10/28
Old 09-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #837
tchip827
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
I just customized our bands! We can't do fast passes for another 2 weeks due to where we're getting our tickets and how they're ordered, but i'm excited i at least have our bands for now!

so excited we got included for our trip 10/23-10/28
Just curious, where did you get your tickets that your going to be delayed scheduling your fast passes?
tchip827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #838
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our goal is to give DVC a thorough test-run - so we understand all the differences between DVC and the CRO rooms.
It's definitely not the same...we prefer it. We spent last weekend at a 2 br Homewood Suites with other DVCers, and our biggest thing to remember was to leave the do not disturb sign out! We are used to tidying up after ourselves after all these years!
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #839
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

I am so excited about this!! I was hoping BWI would get them!
I was able to customize our Magic Bands & I'm trying to work on FP+!! Yay!!
Staying at BWI-Oct. 28
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #840
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

I know this isn't the MagicBand thread but I have a problem with our MagicBands that I customized. We arrive at BWV October 13 and MDE said that today was my last day to cuustomize. I wasn't sure what I was doing and I accidentally ordered the wrong color for my mom's band. Now it says that it will ship soon and I can't change it at all. Even called Disney and they said that there was nothing that can be done. I'm wondering if we could change it when we get there. If not and it gets "lost", do you have to pay for a replacement? I also just read the FAQs on the MagicBands on the Disney site and it says you have until 10 days prior to arrival to customize so I really have no idea why MDE told me that today is the last day I had to customize. Ugh! Frustrated!

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: