Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #61
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

We'll be at BWI 7/26-8/2.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #62
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post

I am hoping we can even do a split stay between BLT and BWV just to save a few points, even if we have to waitlist. Is January really that popular of a time outside of the marathon?

Do the B/P studios at BWV have a sleeper plus a daybed? And the standard studios only have the sleeper?
January may be popular because of the low points and a lot of people wanting to get out of the cold from home. Still, I'm guessing marathon weekend is probably busier than others. Hopefully, someone else will answer the day bed question. But, it may be one of those things like at OKW with some of the 1 BRs getting the sleeper chair. If you book with 5 people, then you get the room with the sleeper chair. If you only have 4, then you get the room without the chair.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #63
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Okay Kook, our BWI dates are August 3-10. I know people are going before us, but feel free to use your magic ink!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #64
mademluc
Mouseketeer

We'll be at the BWI CL, Aug 4-9th, traveling over from the YC...We're celebrating our eldest daughter's HS graduation and College acceptance, as well!

Last edited by mademluc; 06-11-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Fixing the date
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #65
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I am hoping we can even do a split stay between BLT and BWV just to save a few points, even if we have to waitlist. Is January really that popular of a time outside of the marathon?

Do the B/P studios at BWV have a sleeper plus a daybed? And the standard studios only have the sleeper?
All category of studios have the same sleeping capacity...a queen bed and a double sleep sofa. There are no daybeds in any studio. Not any in any other villa either to the best of my knowledge.
You get daybeds in the regular deluxe rooms....two queen beds and a twin sized day bed...usually anyway.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #66
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

We'll be at BWV Oct 13-20! Can't wait! It's our 2nd time staying there. Not our favorite place but the location certainly makes up for it. It will also be our first F&W Festival!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #67
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hi BW lovers! We will be staying at BWV from July 11-15th in a 2br before moving on to AKV Kidani for 3 nights. Our dd's are going to be so surprised!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #68
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

We're coming to stay at the BWVs at the end of July, DD is a CM on the international programme and will be staying with us . I've booked a standard view 1 bedroom villa, what sort of view will we get? Also is the sofa bed already made when we pull it out or do we have to make it? We've stayed at BWV before but with a BW view which I found a little noisy although I am a light sleeper and me and DD stayed at BWI CL last year which was fab
Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #69
francie
Mouseketeer

Room condition?

hi all. I have a question for anyone who has recently stayed at the bwi (club level or standard). I think it's been a few years now that renovations/refurbishments have been completed. so do the rooms seem to be in need of some sprucing up or do they still have that "newly refurbished" look? tia
Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #70
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
January may be popular because of the low points and a lot of people wanting to get out of the cold from home. Still, I'm guessing marathon weekend is probably busier than others. Hopefully, someone else will answer the day bed question. But, it may be one of those things like at OKW with some of the 1 BRs getting the sleeper chair. If you book with 5 people, then you get the room with the sleeper chair. If you only have 4, then you get the room without the chair.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
All OKW, BLT and AKV (not value villas ) have the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. BWV does not have the twin sized sleeper chair in the one bedroom villa because there isn't enough room.

Some dedicated studios at BWV used to be called the Studio Plus and did have a small deacon's bench with a cushioned seat. It could be used as a bed for a small child. You used to be able to request the Studio Plus. But no longer. Now you get it or you don't. Studios only sleep four plus one under the age of three except maybe the new GFV studios that may have a murphy bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
All category of studios have the same sleeping capacity...a queen bed and a double sleep sofa. There are no daybeds in any studio. Not any in any other villa either to the best of my knowledge.
You get daybeds in the regular deluxe rooms....two queen beds and a twin sized day bed...usually anyway.
See my response above. OKW studios all have two queen beds instead of one queen and one double sleeper sofa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy
We're coming to stay at the BWVs at the end of July, DD is a CM on the international programme and will be staying with us . I've booked a standard view 1 bedroom villa, what sort of view will we get? Also is the sofa bed already made when we pull it out or do we have to make it? We've stayed at BWV before but with a BW view which I found a little noisy although I am a light sleeper and me and DD stayed at BWI CL last year which was fab
The standard view for BWV is the main drive and parking lot. You might get a view of Epcot fireworks from your standard view. A few are close to the area where they load and unload luggage from ME. Earplugs might help.

The sleeper sofa may have the sheets already on it, but if it doesn't, they should be in the closet.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #71
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The standard view for BWV is the main drive and parking lot. You might get a view of Epcot fireworks from your standard view. A few are close to the area where they load and unload luggage from ME. Earplugs might help.

The sleeper sofa may have the sheets already on it, but if it doesn't, they should be in the closet.
Thanks, I meant to say its a cash stay does that make any difference?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #72
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
hi all. I have a question for anyone who has recently stayed at the bwi (club level or standard). I think it's been a few years now that renovations/refurbishments have been completed. so do the rooms seem to be in need of some sprucing up or do they still have that "newly refurbished" look? tia
When we were at BWI CL last year the condition of the room seemed good, there were no problems that I saw
Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #73
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thanks, I meant to say its a cash stay does that make any difference?
Yep, it makes a difference. A BWV cash stay through Disney Reservation Center (not through DVC) is different. A standard villa is the same as the points Preferred Pool/Garden view. So you'll have either the leisure pool or Luna Park more than likely.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #74
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Yep, it makes a difference. A BWV cash stay through Disney Reservation Center (not through DVC) is different. A standard villa is the same as the points Preferred Pool/Garden view. So you'll have either the leisure pool or Luna Park more than likely.
Oooh thanks, I'm happy
Old 06-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #75
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

We will be in a 1 br BWV Oct 10 - 15! First time at BWV, third time at the Boardwalk!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: