Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #721
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

This is the coffee machine that is in the CL lounge:

The lounge is open for coffee from 6:30 am - 10 pm. They also serve brewed regular coffee. The Belle Vue lounge also serves coffee, but only until 11 am. The coffee makers in the room use pods. The BWB serves iced and hot coffees.
This machine is no longer in the CL lounge, we were so disappointed, we LOVE our mochas! We were there 8/8-13 & they only had regular & decaf coffee. I asked about the Nescafe machine & was told it had been removed. Maybe it's being replaced, but it wasn't there 3 weeks ago.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #722
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

psac Love the pictures, just the Disney fix I needed today. 63 More Days until we check in

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 09-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #723
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Makes me even more excited to be there in just over a month!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #724
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
This machine is no longer in the CL lounge, we were so disappointed, we LOVE our mochas! We were there 8/8-13 & they only had regular & decaf coffee. I asked about the Nescafe machine & was told it had been removed. Maybe it's being replaced, but it wasn't there 3 weeks ago.
Thanks so much Tara! I will remove the photo from the first page.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #725
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. M. Mouse View Post

Dtd bus shares with S/D,YC/BC and BW. It was packed. We ended up waiting another 25 minutes for the next one just to have to pack in again. MK may only share with the S/D but it gets full quickly as well. We didnt take AK or the boats but to share bussing when you're deluxe is not what we expected. If i wanted to crowd in at every park i'd have just saved my money and stayed all stars!

We came over from staying 12 nights at CBR and loved that we never had to worry about being crowded on the bus. I guess this resort just wasn't our cup of tea. No worries. We're trying different ones next time ;-)
We learned on our trip a few years ago that it was easier to walk over to the swan or dolphin and catch the bus at the first stop. Sure, we still looped around and ended up back at the BW, but we always got a seat. We'd also get off at the Swan/ dolphin and walk back to the BW instead of waiting for it to get to the BW stop.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #726
Mrs. M. Mouse
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan18 View Post

We learned on our trip a few years ago that it was easier to walk over to the swan or dolphin and catch the bus at the first stop. Sure, we still looped around and ended up back at the BW, but we always got a seat. We'd also get off at the Swan/ dolphin and walk back to the BW instead of waiting for it to get to the BW stop.
But i think the point is that when you pay more for a deluxe you should also get deluxe bus service and not have to go to another resort to get a spot! Anyhow lesson learned... BWI is not for us. Nothing against those who love it there!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #727
stitchfan18
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But i think the point is that when you pay more for a deluxe you should also get deluxe bus service and not have to go to another resort to get a spot! Anyhow lesson learned... BWI is not for us. Nothing against those who love it there!
Very true. That has been our major complaint about most deluxe resorts we've been to. We've found the MK resorts are the worst since they are so far from everything else. At least there are alternate ways to get to a couple parks to make it a little easier!

Old 09-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #728
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

19 days until check-in! It is our 1st time staying at the Boardwalk and I am so excited!!!!

September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Old 09-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #729
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Can anyone staying CL now report back if the Nescafe machine is back in the lounge, or still missing?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 09-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #730
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Can anyone staying CL now report back if the Nescafe machine is back in the lounge, or still missing?
Left the BWI CL last Thursday, a new machine was being installed that day in the afternoon. As all Club Levels will be moving to Joffrey's coffee I am pretty sure that the machine itself won't be the old Nescafe machine, particularly since one of the Cast Members told me that a sales rep would be coming in to train them on how the "new machine" works. Hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #731
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Left the BWI CL last Thursday, a new machine was being installed that day in the afternoon. As all Club Levels will be moving to Joffrey's coffee I am pretty sure that the machine itself won't be the old Nescafe machine, particularly since one of the Cast Members told me that a sales rep would be coming in to train them on how the "new machine" works. Hope this helps.
I'm glad everyone liked the pics.

I remember from our last BW Club stay a few years ago, we loved that nescafe machine. However, I think it was a similar machine in the Poly Club this past July, and that machine was AWFUL. The drinks were the liquid equivalent of inedible (undrinkable? ). Not good at all. Maybe the calibration was just totally off on the Poly one. We had a single flat-pod espresso machine at the AKL Club in April, and while it didn't make mochas, that machine was GREAT. It made fanstic espresso and the milk frother let you play with your own ratios however you wanted. Hopefully the BW club will get that same machine!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #732
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchip827 View Post
I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?
Those two request in a standard view villa are mutually exclusive. The rooms close to the elevators will be over the front drive and over resort luggage check in which I understand can be very loud. Further down the hall you would get more of a lawn & canal view but longer walk from elevators.

Quote:
No driving is not possible unless we spend more money on a rented car and parking fees.
No parking fees at resorts or parks when you stay at any Disney resort but the parking can be a walk at BWI and I can understand not wanting to pay for a rental.

Quote:
All deluxe resorts share busses. Except AKL which only shares with AKV Kidani.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #733
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Those two request in a standard view villa are mutually exclusive. The rooms close to the elevators will be over the front drive and over resort luggage check in which I understand can be very loud. Further down the hall you would get more of a lawn & canal view but longer walk from elevators.

This is very true. We have had close to elevators twice including last month. They can be VERY loud!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #734
Simba22
DIS Veteran

We're staying at BWV for the first time in October. We booked a studio, garden view. Anything I should know about the possible locations? I'm more concerned about noise than long walks. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #735
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
We're staying at BWV for the first time in October. We booked a studio, garden view. Anything I should know about the possible locations? I'm more concerned about noise than long walks. Thanks!
Request the leisure pool versus Luna Park. The leisure pool tends to be quieter.

Or request Villlage Green which gets you the area between BWV and BWI by the boat dock.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: