Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #631
blushbrush
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

No, you can't go double on the slides. And you can't wait at the bottom of the slide to catch her either. She might not be ready to go on the slide.
Yea you are probably right. There isn't a little slide is there?
blushbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #632
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushbrush View Post
You can bring your own water bottles, snacks in park too correct?? I'm forgetting
Yes, you can bring those into the parks. You'll go thru bag check, but it's no problem.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #633
davids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
My dad and I will be arriving at the BWI in a little over a week! Any recommendations for what to do on our first night? We don't have park tickets for that day so we'll be going to DTD for a bit and then spending some time at the resort. What should we see/do? Nothing 21+ as I won't be 21 until the next day
Hanging out on the boardwalk is worth an hour or two. There's usually one or two street performers. You can grab something from the pizza window, joes or the bakery and eat outside. The boardwalk bikes are kind of pricey when for the same amount of work, you can walk around the lake anyway. From the right spot you can see the illuminations fireworks and the MK high fireworks (which I didn't think was possible but I saw fireworks in that direction and I'm pretty sure there are no launchers in the yacht club parking lot).

You can go to the ESPN club but I avoid that place. The lines can be long and it's the same scene as any large sports bar.

I haven't done it because I typically have tickets but if you walk up to the international gateway at 9:00 you can catch some of illuminations through the trees. I don't think you can see the barges but you get some of the show.
davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #634
MNTravels
8th DCL and counting

Is ESPN crowded during the week in November ?
MNTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #635
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTravels View Post
Is ESPN crowded during the week in November ?
It's been our Expierence best time to visit ESPN is in the afternoon before 5 when the crowds arrive to the Boardwalk, as pp mentioned there is usually a long line to get in most evenings.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #636
RookieLady
Mouseketeer

Fresh back from my first stay at the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful resort and very conveniently located for an adult trip. It was our anniversay, we went childless (with much guilt), and booked a standard view room. Pixie dust--got upgraded to a garden suite.

The suite was beautiful, and I did enjoy concierge. I liked the breakfast service and enjoyed hitting one or the other of the evening offerings most nights. I am glad I experienced the concierge because I often wondered whether it was worth it to me, but I was always reluctant to try it because of price. Having experienced it, it is not worth the money to me, but it was a delight to enjoy it under the circumstances.

The garden suite was really a beautiful room. I would not book it in August (or perhaps our room was simply an anomoly--1208). There was only one small vent on the second floor where the bed is. In order to keep the second floor tolerable, you had to keep the bottom floor uncomfortably cold. Additionally, you had to leave the upstairs fan on. With concierge, there are two instances where staff comes in, the housekeeping and turn down. Because of conservation concerns, the staff would turn the fan off. We did leave notes for them not to do so, which were honored most of the time. When the note was not honored, it took a while to cool the upstairs to a point we were comfortable.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, and I can't recommend enough the Boardwalk. The staff and the hotel itself were exceptional.
RookieLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #637
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Wow Rookie Lady what a great upgrade! Sorry it was so warm in the loft area. We were there last week & it sure was HOT! We probably walked right past your cottage on our way to the quiet pool, we used that a few nights rather than the main pool. We had the pool to ourselves!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #638
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieLady View Post
Fresh back from my first stay at the Boardwalk. It was a beautiful resort and very conveniently located for an adult trip. It was our anniversay, we went childless (with much guilt), and booked a standard view room. Pixie dust--got upgraded to a garden suite.

The suite was beautiful, and I did enjoy concierge. I liked the breakfast service and enjoyed hitting one or the other of the evening offerings most nights. I am glad I experienced the concierge because I often wondered whether it was worth it to me, but I was always reluctant to try it because of price. Having experienced it, it is not worth the money to me, but it was a delight to enjoy it under the circumstances.

The garden suite was really a beautiful room. I would not book it in August (or perhaps our room was simply an anomoly--1208). There was only one small vent on the second floor where the bed is. In order to keep the second floor tolerable, you had to keep the bottom floor uncomfortably cold. Additionally, you had to leave the upstairs fan on. With concierge, there are two instances where staff comes in, the housekeeping and turn down. Because of conservation concerns, the staff would turn the fan off. We did leave notes for them not to do so, which were honored most of the time. When the note was not honored, it took a while to cool the upstairs to a point we were comfortable.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, and I can't recommend enough the Boardwalk. The staff and the hotel itself were exceptional.
What a terrific upgrade -- except for the air conditioning part. A very nice anniversary celebration treat.

I'm interested in your comments about the club level offerings and service. I've always wondered whether it is worth the extra expense and can never bring myself to pay for it. I think I'd be in agreement with you -- especially for only two people.

Thanks for posting!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #639
RookieLady
Mouseketeer

I'm interested in your comments about the club level offerings and service. I've always wondered whether it is worth the extra expense and can never bring myself to pay for it. I think I'd be in agreement with you -- especially for only two people.

Responding to the above comment, I did not take advantage of everything concierge had to offer because I was upgraded at check in. I made my own dining reservations, and our trip was scheduled such that other amenities concierge may have provided didn't really work into our trip. I did ask concierge to help when buying my MNSSHP tickets, but they were unable to do so. They did try, but they complained bitterly about the upgrades going on with their computer systems. Because I knew of these issues, I certainly didn't blame them for their inability to get the tickets.

The food was good. The morning fruit was beautiful. I found the wine in the evening okay (and I can be a snob about that), and I enjoyed a cordial a couple of nights, which is something I don't usually do. The staff was friendly and answered questions, but I expect and have encountered that at most Disney resorts.

I can see how some people would enjoy this experience, but I don't think it is worth it for me. I drive, so all that breakfast and snack food is easily transported in my car. Given the price difference, I can stay another night, and that is the choice I would make. However, I certainly understand why others might make a different choice.
RookieLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #640
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

4 days till I am in our 1bd!!! WOOT!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #641
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
4 days till I am in our 1bd!!! WOOT!
Woo hoo! Enjoy!

Thanks for posting your comments RookieLady. Even though we do stay club on occasion, we never feel it's a "must have," more of an occasional splurge (we also own and stay DVC as well), and sometimes we do it just for the special room categories offered only in club, like the Deluxes at the Boardwalk (or those cottages!!!) Nice upgrade, we've always wanted to try them, but the vent info is useful, wife is especially sensitive to heat, we might have to stay away from those. Glad you enjoyed the trip!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #642
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post
It has been reported that all DVC rooms, including studios, will not have their refrigerators replaced. I assume that is because even the studio refrigerators are larger and a different brand than the one involved in the recall.

Denise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, only mini fridges are affected and not all of them. Family Suites, FWC and DVC are not impacted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Re the fridges I read somewhere that they are hoping to have it completed by the end of July.
Are there any recent reports on Frig availability at BWV?

We will be checking into a Studio on Sept 11th and just received this nice little letter in the mail today......

2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #643
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

LJD2143 Very I interesting, I was also under the impression that the Frdges in the Villas were not included plus I read about the switch outs being complete in so many resorts.

Maybe it is just a covering all bases on their part regardless of room type booked.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #644
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
LJD2143 Very I interesting, I was also under the impression that the Frdges in the Villas were not included plus I read about the switch outs being complete in so many resorts.

Maybe it is just a covering all bases on their part regardless of room type booked.
They were not affected by the recall.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #645
Jaymie
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me how long the day beds are in a standard room?

We're considering a standard C/L room with me, DH, DS4, DS9 and my mother, but no one wants to sleep with the kids, so my mother would take the day bed. She doesn't move once she's asleep, but I'm wondering if the day bed is long enough. She's about 5'5".

And we really want to stay in a deluxe resort but they don't all have the day beds.
Dec 1979 - Offsite, Feb 1997 - CBR, Jan 1998 - Dixie Landing, Jan 1999 - ASMo, Jan 2000 - ASMu, Jan 2002 - ASSp, Jan 2003 - ASMo, Dec 2004 - ASMo, Feb 2006 - ASMo, Jan 2007 - Poly, July 2007 - POR, Jan 2008 - WL, July 2008 - POFQ, Jan 2009 - ASMo, Nov 2009 AKL, Aug 2010 - CBR, June 2011 - CS, Nov 2011 FW Cabin, May 2012 - BC, Jan 2013-POP
Jaymie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: