Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #616
blushbrush
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

Unfortunately the only way down to the Boardwalk (or to bus stops or pools) is back to the one bank of elevators near the lobby. That is the one downside to BWI (the only one other than price lol!) There is a set of stairs that you can take from the 3rd floor to the 4th to get to the Innkeepers Club if you're on the 3rd floor.

They do have soda & V8 juice in the lounge that you can take back to your room. You can take water but in a Styrofoam to-go cup, no bottles. We walked over to Hess (across the street from BWI) and bought a case of 24 bottles of Dasani for $5.99. It was a very easy walk. I also took those thin coolers that wrap around a water bottle since there's no freezer section in the room fridges. They worked very well & kept the water cold for about 3-4 hours. We found that one case lasted us the whole week, we really only used it to take to the parks.

I think a lot of kids are back in school by then, we start the 26th around here in PA. We did DHS twice, we actually really enjoy that park. We did all the parks 2-3 times, sometimes just 2-3 hours since it was so hot & crowded.

Enjoy your trip!
TaraPA
Thank you so much! Gee I wish I knew about gas station across street before I already ordered 2 cases from the stroller guy at $9.99 piece. Oh well, if I need more, we will go there. How many in your group? Sounds like there's good enough space for 2 adults, 4 kids (4, 6, 8, 10)
Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #617
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I can only do a water park when there's AM EMH. The first couple of hours is pretty easy and you can knock out the important stuff and leave the wave pools and lazy rivers for later. We leave by lunch and I drive so we are water park delicate flowers. In fact, we haven't done one again in almost 3 years, so maybe our old method doesn't even work anymore and it's crowded all the time now

Five days of water parks?! I am impressed! Sorry our paths didn't cross either, but I did meet Janet who showed me her photo of your meet-up
They didn't have any EMH at the waterparks this time. I used to love that extra hour in the morning.

My DD was trying to squeeze in a month of vacation in a week I think. And, she succeeded! It was fun to have breakfast with Janet and her daughter. They are very special people and so fun. There was a lot of laughter at our table.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #618
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushbrush View Post
TaraPA
Thank you so much! Gee I wish I knew about gas station across street before I already ordered 2 cases from the stroller guy at $9.99 piece. Oh well, if I need more, we will go there. How many in your group? Sounds like there's good enough space for 2 adults, 4 kids (4, 6, 8, 10)
Just tell yourself that you're not paying the $16.99 for the case of water in the gift shop!

The Deluxe rooms are 2 rooms put together so you'll be fine with 6. We did re-arrange the chair, table & huge potted plant to cerate more of a separation between the sleeping area & living room area. We were only 4 - 2 adults & 2 teens and had more than enough room. We would have spent more time on the balcony but from about 11am-6pm it was just too hot to be out there more than a few minutes.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #619
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just tell yourself that you're not paying the $16.99 for the case of water in the gift shop!

Holy macaroni! I'll be content with the GG prices in that case! We're staying in a villa so I have a full grocery order. Sometimes we just have Staples deliver the water though and I was always curious but never looked to see how much those cases in the gift shops were!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 08-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #620
peterbo
Earning My Ears

Mini Fridge in Std Room at BWI

I'm sure the information is here somewhere but I have not been able to find it. Does a standard room at the BWI include a mini-fridge? If not, can one be requested?
Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #621
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post

Holy macaroni! I'll be content with the GG prices in that case! We're staying in a villa so I have a full grocery order. Sometimes we just have Staples deliver the water though and I was always curious but never looked to see how much those cases in the gift shops were!
It killed me to pay $16.99 for a case of water, but in that case I justified it by telling myself "its cheaper than the $60 I'd pay in the parks for all this water!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbo View Post
I'm sure the information is here somewhere but I have not been able to find it. Does a standard room at the BWI include a mini-fridge? If not, can one be requested?
Yes, all rooms at BWI have the mini fridge!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 08-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #622
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Quote:

It killed me to pay $16.99 for a case of water, but in that case I justified it by telling myself "its cheaper than the $60 I'd pay in the parks for all this water!"

Yes, all rooms at BWI have the mini fridge!
Lol....we just paid $35 for a case of water on the Magic in July! $16.99 sounds cheap!

We're checking into the BWV tomorrow and will do a quick grocery shopping trip for basics...breakfast, juice, water, other adult beverages, snacks. We'll have a 2br but don't actually make any meals.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #623
blushbrush
Earning My Ears

Quote:

The Deluxe rooms are 2 rooms put together so you'll be fine with 6. We did re-arrange the chair, table & huge potted plant to cerate more of a separation between the sleeping area & living room area. We were only 4 - 2 adults & 2 teens and had more than enough room. We would have spent more time on the balcony but from about 11am-6pm it was just too hot to be out there more than a few minutes.
I was thinking the same thing about separating it a little more. Maybe even turning the couch so it separates the 2 rooms like a divider instead if agsinst the wall. Is it really THAT hot? I thought the evenings got into 70's?? Holy moly is right for 16.99 in lobby for water but I'm sure a bottle is like $3 at parks! We rented a double stroller too so ill pack the waters on the little cooler that comes with stroller. I'm also debating bringing their thermos funtainers. They keep water ice cold. Just have to add ice. Getting bulky though in suitcase!!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #624
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

My dad and I will be arriving at the BWI in a little over a week! Any recommendations for what to do on our first night? We don't have park tickets for that day so we'll be going to DTD for a bit and then spending some time at the resort. What should we see/do? Nothing 21+ as I won't be 21 until the next day

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #625
TaraPA

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing about separating it a little more. Maybe even turning the couch so it separates the 2 rooms like a divider instead if agsinst the wall. Is it really THAT hot? I thought the evenings got into 70's?? Holy moly is right for 16.99 in lobby for water but I'm sure a bottle is like $3 at parks! We rented a double stroller too so ill pack the waters on the little cooler that comes with stroller. I'm also debating bringing their thermos funtainers. They keep water ice cold. Just have to add ice. Getting bulky though in suitcase!!
Yes you could slide the sofa over but it's very heavy. The potted plant is 5 feet tall so that was a good barrier!

It was SO HOT last week, we couldn't be in the direct sun more than a few minutes without melting. The deluxe CL rooms all face the blazing full sun from morning til sunset.

Water is $2.50 at the parks. We had an ME driver once that said, as we approached the WDW sign "everyone take a nice long look at this sign - this is the last time you'll be able to buy a bottled water for $1!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
My dad and I will be arriving at the BWI in a little over a week! Any recommendations for what to do on our first night? We don't have park tickets for that day so we'll be going to DTD for a bit and then spending some time at the resort. What should we see/do? Nothing 21+ as I won't be 21 until the next day
OOO Happy Birthday!!!!! I would spend time on the Boardwalk watching the performers - they're out from 7pm-10pm unless it's bad weather. They are so fun to watch. There are always lots of people on The Boardwalk, and tons of places to grab a snack or beverage, or to get breakfast for the next day. If you'd prefer something quieter & like to walk, just walk around the lake, popping in at BC, YC S&D on the way. You can also use the pools & hot tubs at any hour, we often do that late at night.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #626
blushbrush
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Yes you could slide the sofa over but it's very heavy. The potted plant is 5 feet tall so that was a good barrier!

It was SO HOT last week, we couldn't be in the direct sun more than a few minutes without melting. The deluxe CL rooms all face the blazing full sun from morning til sunset.

Water is $2.50 at the parks. We had an ME driver once that said, as we approached the WDW sign "everyone take a nice long look at this sign - this is the last time you'll be able to buy a bottled water for $1!"

OOO Happy Birthday!!!!! I would spend time on the Boardwalk watching the performers - they're out from 7pm-10pm unless it's bad weather. They are so fun to watch. There are always lots of people on The Boardwalk, and tons of places to grab a snack or beverage, or to get breakfast for the next day. If you'd prefer something quieter & like to walk, just walk around the lake, popping in at BC, YC S&D on the way. You can also use the pools & hot tubs at any hour, we often do that late at night.
Ok. The plant sounds like better idea then. That's funny about the $1 water. Those times have sure changed! So the heat at the parks must have been unbearable? Did u go early then go to pool? How crowded was pool? Do u know if I can bring my own "floaties" for my kids. One of them has those puddle jumpers which are great for her. Also, dou know of I could ride the clown slide "with" her. She's only 4 and was hoping to hold her up at end so she doesn't go under 🏊
Old 08-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #627
blushbrush
Earning My Ears

Sorry that cdfca was a picture of swimming but it didn't work when I hit sent
Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #628
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
We like to walk over to the bridge (between BW/BC) and watch IllumiNations from there if we are not heading to a park

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #629
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
... Also, dou know of I could ride the clown slide "with" her. She's only 4 and was hoping to hold her up at end so she doesn't go under ��
No, you can't go double on the slides. And you can't wait at the bottom of the slide to catch her either. She might not be ready to go on the slide.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #630
blushbrush
Earning My Ears

You can bring your own water bottles, snacks in park too correct?? I'm forgetting
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: