Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #571
blushbrush
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31

Where is this movie under the stars located? And where is community hall. Looks like some great happenings to keep 4 children busy.
blushbrush is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #572
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I want to officially all the new BWI/BWV posters we've had the past couple of weeks. I was at WDW and fell way behind posting, so thank you to all who faithfully answered questions. If your question wasn't answered and/or your name/dates did not get posted to the BoardWalk Bulletin on the first page, please re-post and I will try to answer your question and/or post your dates.

So as not to experience as much post-Disney vacation withdrawal, I booked WL for Christmas today, but I do plan on getting over to BWI/BWV to take Christmas photos
KOOK Home We decided to head back to BWI rather than the Poly in November. You can add us to the list Nov 3-8 very excited for our first stay at the Innkeepers Club. We debated about upgradeing to WL CL or BWI CL but since our main focus is F&W we went with BWI
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #573
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushbrush View Post
Where is this movie under the stars located? And where is community hall. Looks like some great happenings to keep 4 children busy.
The movie under the stars is by community hall. Which is by the quiet pool on the Villas side.

If you look at the map of the resort you'll see Luna Park and then the quiet pool is on the same side just a bit closer to DHS and away from the shops on the Boardwalk.
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI



[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #574
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p
 
gometros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 7,464

Kook - http we're going in 35 days ago and will be there in room 9/17 (our anniversary) until we cruise on the 21st and then back for two days and the F&W on the 28th.

We're back in January from the 22nd to the 27th.

Btw, did anybody see the Mousy Boggler in last week's All Ears newsletter? The answer was very Boardwalk related and I laughed when I read the clues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
__________________
Sandy / @SandyCanetti / DVC '96
gometros is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #575
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushbrush View Post
Honestly the actual "club " level desk at the BW was helpful but the actual club level planners were great (they are actually situated at Grand Floridian she said).
The IPO for BWI is located over at the BC/YC. The CR IPO is located at GF. This isn't directly related, but we just returned from WL/CL and in the past when you would call the club level from your room, you would be speaking to an onsite concierge on the CL floor, but this visit when I called, I was connected to the generic call center in another part of FL like when you call the resort's "front desk." Maybe the line was busy so it automatically went to the call center, IDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hakim View Post
There are only 10 Deluxe Rooms
5 on the 3rd Floor and 5 on the 4th Floor
3225, 3227, 3229, 4225, 4227, 4229 - all above the Bakery
3255, 3257, 4255, 4257 - all closer to Flying Fish
I'm going to post this to the Deluxe room section. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
can you tell me where to find a list of activities in the community hall?

Thanks!
I know someone posted the link, but I just want you to know that I have a hyperlink in Post #1 to the current BWI/BWV activity calendar, should you need it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK Home We decided to head back to BWI rather than the Poly in November. You can add us to the list Nov 3-8 very excited for our first stay at the Innkeepers Club. We debated about upgradeing to WL CL or BWI CL but since our main focus is F&W we went with BWI
Great choice for F&W and I'd be happy to add you, Sheila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Kook - http we're going in 35 days ago and will be there in room 9/17 (our anniversary) until we cruise on the 21st and then back for two days and the F&W on the 28th.

We're back in January from the 22nd to the 27th.

Btw, did anybody see the Mousy Boggler in last week's All Ears newsletter? The answer was very Boardwalk related and I laughed when I read the clues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
I noticed the answer in yesterday's edition, too and wondered if it would end up "controversial"

I'll post your dates to the BB, Sandy.

ETA: Are you CL or are you BWV?

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 08-14-2013 at 01:39 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #576
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Hi Kook! Could you add us too? Nov 17-23! Glad you are back!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #577
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Kook! Could you add us too? Nov 17-23! Glad you are back!

I'd be happy to add you - are you BWI or BWV? CL?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #578
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.
 
abk96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,831

I was wondering if anyone else has seen a cat at the BWI quiet pool? We were shocked to see the little guy there one day at the end of July. He was trying to climb a tree and then he saw us and ran.

And there's also a duck who can't quack that lives there too. She was so sweet.
__________________
April/May '96 GF Disneymoon---Oct '96 OKW---July '05 POR(1st family trip)
April/May '06 YC 10th Anniversary Trip
July '07 BWV and SSR--Nov/Dec '07 OKW--June/July'08 BWV
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports









abk96 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #579
tsme
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 791

We received our Magical Express envelope!! Yay!!
tsme is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #580
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We received our Magical Express envelope!! Yay!!
Happy Day!
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI



[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #581
Seabean
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 217

Seabean.... It's me the haunt. When u say 3257 and the other 2 are closer to flying fish, do u mean above the seashore sweets sign or are u not sure? Looks like the bakery and seashore sweets layout is same. I almost think its the middle room above seashore sweets. I saw a post somewhere on here with pic of 3259 and I believe it was room on right.

blushblush, I'm not sure where the deluxe rooms x255 & x257 exactly are, as we've only stayed in the other ones above the bakery.

Does anyone else know if they're directly above the Seashore sweets? Or post a picture that we can point to?
__________________
As Kids: 1974.. 1976.. 1981.. 1986
As Parents: 2006.. 2007.. 2008.. 2009.. 2010.. 2011.. 2012.. 2013.. 2014..
Seabean is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #582
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The IPO for BWI is located over at the BC/YC. The CR IPO is located at GF. This isn't directly related, but we just returned from WL/CL and in the past when you would call the club level from your room, you would be speaking to an onsite concierge on the CL floor, but this visit when I called, I was connected to the generic call center in another part of FL like when you call the resort's "front desk." Maybe the line was busy so it automatically went to the call center, IDK.


I'm going to post this to the Deluxe room section. Thank you.


I know someone posted the link, but I just want you to know that I have a hyperlink in Post #1 to the current BWI/BWV activity calendar, should you need it again.


Great choice for F&W and I'd be happy to add you, Sheila!


I noticed the answer in yesterday's edition, too and wondered if it would end up "controversial"

I'll post your dates to the BB, Sandy.

ETA: Are you CL or are you BWV?
Thanks KOOK
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #583
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
I was wondering if anyone else has seen a cat at the BWI quiet pool? We were shocked to see the little guy there one day at the end of July. He was trying to climb a tree and then he saw us and ran.

And there's also a duck who can't quack that lives there too. She was so sweet.
We were there last week and didn't see a cat. There was a duck at the pool just about everytime we went there. It was a friendly duck who didn't seem to mind people. She only swam in the early morning. We only used the BWI quiet pool; never got over to the feature pool -- except to walk through that area to walk to DHS.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #584
Iowa Hawkeye
Earning My Ears
 
Iowa Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabean View Post
Seabean.... It's me the haunt. When u say 3257 and the other 2 are closer to flying fish, do u mean above the seashore sweets sign or are u not sure? Looks like the bakery and seashore sweets layout is same. I almost think its the middle room above seashore sweets. I saw a post somewhere on here with pic of 3259 and I believe it was room on right.

blushblush, I'm not sure where the deluxe rooms x255 & x257 exactly are, as we've only stayed in the other ones above the bakery.

Does anyone else know if they're directly above the Seashore sweets? Or post a picture that we can point to?
We have been in 3257 2 or 3 times. It is the middle balcony over Seashore Sweets. Its an awesome room. Its only 10 feet from the stairway that takes you up to the 4th floor CL entrance.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeye is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #585
blushbrush
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 31

Iowa Hawkeye... Thank you so much!!!! That is kind of where I puzzled the pieces of all the threads and pics people posted. Really appreciate it. There's 6 of us (2 adults, 4 kids ages 4, 6, 8,10) so some of us will be hanging out on that balcony people watching. They must have recommended that because its close to stairway. I was hoping somebody would read the thread and recognize room. Hopefully we will get it as its on the "notes" on reservation. Does anybody know if noting a room really helps? Thanks again
blushbrush is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: