Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #406
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Your son will love it! We did it for the first time when I was 13 on our 98 trip at the Contemporary, then we took a 12 year disney break, and I just had to do it again on our 2010 trip to BWV. The ones on Crescent Lake can hold 10 people I think. They're really spacious. The Illuminations Cruise sounds like fun!
From your ticker looks like we'll be there at the same time!

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #407
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
I loved the quiet pool view. It was very pretty. We could also see France and the high fire works from Illuminations. Nothing weird about requesting a nice view you just have to be a little more specific. Maybe other folks have other specific views to request.
Thanks

The first time I stayed at BWI we were put on an extended balcony in the "boardwalk greens" area, the second time we faced Epcot which was amazing also! I just can't decide and want to leave it up to the fates, but I don't want to end up facing the parking lot

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #408
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
From your ticker looks like we'll be there at the same time!
Oh really? We will be there Oct 13-20. Can't wait!! It's coming up fast. I have all my ADRs done except one. As you can see from my ticker, it's our first F&W so I'm getting ready to plan which events we want to do, if any, and plan our tour of the Fest so as not to waste any time. I dedicated two days to Epcot. I hope that will be enough to fit in F&W as well as the regular Epcot attractions. Getting down to the wire!! When will you be there?

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #409
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKermit View Post
My DH called me at work at the end of May with a similar story about our June trip to DLR. At work! Like it couldn't wait. He was convinced he couldn't go. Then, all of a sudden things are fine.

He's already fretting over a transaction that is supposed to close at the end of Oct interfering with our Oct (his birthday) trip. (The same transaction that would have interfered with the June trip) I will not fret until the day before we leave. I've learned that. Not the first time, won't be the last that he is concerned about having to cancel.
Well fast fwd a week & now he says he can go for 3 nights! I know it will all work out in the end (which is soon - 11 days til the trip!) but he can't let me get his ticket or firm up the plans til Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. The suspense is killing me!

We're back from the cabin early, my FIL passed away on Tuesday. We have no cell svc or any connection to the outside world at the cabin, thankfully we needed to do laundry by Thursday & drove 30 miles to a laundrymat where I was able to pull in some text msgs. We packed up & raced the 5 hours home to deal with that.

So now I'm thinking of keeping the first 4 nts deluxe CL BWI while DH is there and then moving over to CSR Business Class for the last 2 nts. Standard rooms opened up with AP discount for that, it's only $202/nt vs. the $500/nt for Deluxe CL BWI. I'd feel better saving us $600 by moving to CSR once DH leaves. But I can't make changes til later this week. But I'll play all day today with availability & rates!

Anyone recently back that can comment on the fridge situation?

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #410
Twingle
DIS Veteran

I apologize if this has been answered - tried using the search engine, but the results are all over the place, lol.
I'm trying to find out if there is popcorn available to purchase on the Boardwalk - like you get in the parks? I'm arriving on a Thursday night, and have it in my head to eat popcorn, walk the boardwalk, and take photos

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #411
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Can you guys tell me where the closest Target/Wal-Mart is to the BW? I'd prefer Target, but if Wal-Mart is closer...
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #412
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Any suggestions for the best grocery store near BW? I would stop on the way from the airport if there's room in the car with the luggage. I have directions to the Winn Dixie and have shopped at Goodings in the past. They were pricey and had little variety. We only have a car for 2 days before our friends join us in WDW.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #413
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Any suggestions for the best grocery store near BW? I would stop on the way from the airport if there's room in the car with the luggage. I have directions to the Winn Dixie and have shopped at Goodings in the past. They were pricey and had little variety. We only have a car for 2 days before our friends join us in WDW.
I always stop at the Publix off Vineland Avenue in Regency Village. Its right next to the Premium Outlets. From the airport (south exit) you can take Greenway and get off Exit 6, International Drive/Downtown Disney, SR 536. You'd either want to take International Drive South (right before Caribe Royale) or SR 535/South Apopka Vineland Road (right after Caribe Royale). Vineland Ave intersects at both, the International Drive South option would be quicker I believe.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #414
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
I apologize if this has been answered - tried using the search engine, but the results are all over the place, lol.
I'm trying to find out if there is popcorn available to purchase on the Boardwalk - like you get in the parks? I'm arriving on a Thursday night, and have it in my head to eat popcorn, walk the boardwalk, and take photos
They definitely have pre-packaged popcorn at seashore sweets and in the big shop, but I know that's not what you're looking for. Good question, I don't know if they do have it in any of the food stands. Though if you love popcorn, you'll love this post, I found it trying to get an answer for you:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...pcorn-gallery/
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #415
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Can you guys tell me where the closest Target/Wal-Mart is to the BW? I'd prefer Target, but if Wal-Mart is closer...
Sorry, don't know. Maybe try a search nearby on google maps or yahoo maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Also agree on Publix. We've done Towncar service that includes a free stop, and they always go there. I would say the prices are good -- not super-cheap, but much better than the stores on site and a HUGE selection.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #416
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Thanks for info on grocery stores! I just called Boardwalk to confirm that bell services will hold our cold food for us at bell services if our room isn't ready at check in. Looks like it will be best to stop en route from the airport.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #417
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
They definitely have pre-packaged popcorn at seashore sweets and in the big shop, but I know that's not what you're looking for. Good question, I don't know if they do have it in any of the food stands. Though if you love popcorn, you'll love this post, I found it trying to get an answer for you:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...pcorn-gallery/
Thanks so much for your help, and that link - very interesting!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #418
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Oh really? We will be there Oct 13-20. Can't wait!! It's coming up fast. I have all my ADRs done except one. As you can see from my ticker, it's our first F&W so I'm getting ready to plan which events we want to do, if any, and plan our tour of the Fest so as not to waste any time. I dedicated two days to Epcot. I hope that will be enough to fit in F&W as well as the regular Epcot attractions. Getting down to the wire!! When will you be there?
Hi Lindsay - We will be at BWV from Octo 10 - Oct 15.
We did a Mixololgy seminar (one of the low cost ones) it was really fun.
Last year we did lunch and afternoon at F&W and then another evening where we ate/drank around the rest of the world! There are 5 of us so we split a lot so that we can keep trying new things. It is very fun. Weekends are very crowded at night. And we found there were lots of folks who seemed to be over served on the alcoholic beverage front!

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #419
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Lindsay - We will be at BWV from Octo 10 - Oct 15.
We did a Mixololgy seminar (one of the low cost ones) it was really fun.
Last year we did lunch and afternoon at F&W and then another evening where we ate/drank around the rest of the world! There are 5 of us so we split a lot so that we can keep trying new things. It is very fun. Weekends are very crowded at night. And we found there were lots of folks who seemed to be over served on the alcoholic beverage front!
Yeah, I was thinking of doing a low-cost demo or seminar. Being that it's our first time, I don't really want to do an expensive event in case something happens and we aren't able to do it. They're non-refundable right? Yeah, we're staying away from Epcot Friday and Saturday unless there's some event that we want to do. I remember my friend who went towards the end of F&W last year and she said there were a lot of drunk guests. Hope we don't run into that!

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #420
acfbob
Earning My Ears

Just said screw it and called to book Boardwalk 1 BR villa in October. I was hoping for a RO discount today but decided I could live with AAA discount. Anyway.......... 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: