Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #391
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Yes they have a good selection of sizes of life vests by the pool side, DD is a CM at Typhoon Lagoon and commented on the range of sizes, I didn't take any photos by the pool as there were a lot of people there and some may not like it.
Thanks for the confirmation Ziggy!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #392
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4298 View Post
I can't believe I read the whole thread! We are staying at BWV in a 2BR for 8 nights in January. There was some really great information in this thread! Sounds like we made a good resort choice for our 2nd trip to WDW.
You made an excellent choice! We often take my parents along with us and get a 2 bedroom. Mostly, we've stayed at the BWV, but we did stay a BLT TPV for part of one trip and while they are always super appreciative, they asked several times during our stay at BLT, "so when do we get to move over to the BW?" While we like to stay at different resorts, BW being our favorite, I realized that my parents are not at all interested in anything other than the BW
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #393
GinnerD
Mouseketeer

Just double checking, do the 1 BR villas have just a king bed in the br or do any have 2 beds?

GinnerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #394
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnerD View Post
Just double checking, do the 1 BR villas have just a king bed in the br or do any have 2 beds?
King in the bedroom and queen pullout in the living room. None of them have 2 beds in the actual bedroom.

~Yacht Club June 2014~Coronado December 2013~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
marsh0013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #395
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Hello, I have enjoyed reading all of the posts! I love seeing all the pics! This will be our 1st BWV stay, we are staying on points via David. We did pay for a preferred view. We also need a HC room with a roll in for DD 20. We are a family of 4. We went with the studio b/c this will be our 1st experience so we will see how it goes! I looked at the map. Any idea as to where our room may be located? My family is looking forward to visiting the BWV. We had dinner at the BC last year and took a stroll around. Of course we did not enter the BW main area or see the pool area so we rely on pics and info for that! My DH likes the fact of being able to walk to Epcot, that's his favorite spot. We do plan to go to FW. We went last year but after eating at Cape May for breakfast we were full!!!!!!! So, we did not really participate in FW.
A preferred view will be garden or pool view. Since you have a studio, you could request a Village Green view (but I'm not sure if there is a HC room with roll in shower with Village Green view). Otherwise, you will have a pool view - either Luna Park (themed pool) or the leisure pool (quiet pool).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #396
your friend
Mouseketeer

Is the water view worth it?

Trips
Pop Century: Nov. 2011
Boardwalk Inn: Nov. 2013
your friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #397
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneemama View Post
I am so excited to find this thread! I have stayed at OKW with my son several times most recently for the 4th of July. I love staying there so much. Anyway I visited BWV and totally fell in love with this resort. I am looking for advice on staying at BWV vs AoA suite for a stay in Oct. It will be 3 adults and one baby. She doesn't own DVC so looking at renting 5 days adding dining plan and tickets. Personally I would rather rent points and stay at BWV 1 bedroom. Can anyone give me information that I can use to convince her it would be so much better to book BWV? Aside from how beautiful it is staying at a boardwalk resort. I am a Disney addict but can't seem to find time to read all the post. Although I plan on reading this one completely. This has so much great information, Thanks a bunch to all who post here!
HI! We stayed at AoA and BWI last year. We're staying BWV 1 br this year.
At AoA there are 3 sleeping areas - not sure if your 3 adults each need their own bed. There are also 2 full bathrooms. Huge foodcourt with decent food. Those are the big pluses on the AoA side. Now the Boardwalk side I think has a lot more!
Proximity to 2 parks - walk to Epcot and DHS. LOVE the IG entrance to Epcot I love walking through the UK on our way to Soarin!
Take a Friendship boat home from DHS - such a nice way to end the day!
Boardwalk Entertainment at Night - love strolling the Boardwalk and shopping.
So many nice TS restaurants.
BWV 1 br - FULL Kitchen - you won't need the food court when you can make your own breakfast and you save a little money!

Hope that helps!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #398
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
HI! We stayed at AoA and BWI last year. We're staying BWV 1 br this year.
At AoA there are 3 sleeping areas - not sure if your 3 adults each need their own bed. There are also 2 full bathrooms. Huge foodcourt with decent food. Those are the big pluses on the AoA side. Now the Boardwalk side I think has a lot more!
Proximity to 2 parks - walk to Epcot and DHS. LOVE the IG entrance to Epcot I love walking through the UK on our way to Soarin!
Take a Friendship boat home from DHS - such a nice way to end the day!
Boardwalk Entertainment at Night - love strolling the Boardwalk and shopping.
So many nice TS restaurants.
BWV 1 br - FULL Kitchen - you won't need the food court when you can make your own breakfast and you save a little money!

Hope that helps!
I have to add that there a lot of recreational activities around Crescent Lake as well. Last time we went we rented a pontoon boat which was so much fun!

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #399
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
I have to add that there a lot of recreational activities around Crescent Lake as well. Last time we went we rented a pontoon boat which was so much fun!
Excellent point! that is nice. Renting a pontoon boat is on DS9's bucket list!

This is over the top but we did an Illuminations Cruise from YC last year. We were celebrating a big birthday for my stepmom and that was our b-day present. It was so cool

Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #400
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by your friend View Post
Is the water view worth it?
I prefer Epcot or quiet pool view. Worth it can mean different things. Do you want to overlook the BW? Will you be disappointed if you don't? Then it is probably worth it.

Are you worried a little about noise or light? could you spend the extra $'s on something besides a room view? Then it probably isn't.

Is that helpful?

Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #401
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Excellent point! that is nice. Renting a pontoon boat is on DS9's bucket list!

This is over the top but we did an Illuminations Cruise from YC last year. We were celebrating a big birthday for my stepmom and that was our b-day present. It was so cool
Your son will love it! We did it for the first time when I was 13 on our 98 trip at the Contemporary, then we took a 12 year disney break, and I just had to do it again on our 2010 trip to BWV. The ones on Crescent Lake can hold 10 people I think. They're really spacious. The Illuminations Cruise sounds like fun!

bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #402
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hmmmm..... haven't even considered the noise level. I'm a super light sleeper, so I might need to rethink this. The kids (and me) want this view, but it might not come to fruition now. Glad you mentioned this little issue.

Thanks!
Heather
I thought you booked a STD View?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Hello, I have enjoyed reading all of the posts! I love seeing all the pics! This will be our 1st BWV stay, we are staying on points via David. We did pay for a preferred view. We also need a HC room with a roll in for DD 20. We are a family of 4. We went with the studio b/c this will be our 1st experience so we will see how it goes! I looked at the map. Any idea as to where our room may be located? My family is looking forward to visiting the BWV. We had dinner at the BC last year and took a stroll around. Of course we did not enter the BW main area or see the pool area so we rely on pics and info for that! My DH likes the fact of being able to walk to Epcot, that's his favorite spot. We do plan to go to FW. We went last year but after eating at Cape May for breakfast we were full!!!!!!! So, we did not really participate in FW.
Welcome! It's so easy to get REALLY full quickly at WDW. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach, but it's so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I too hate the noise, on our first stay we were on points for BWV and were right above the model house, the noise was awful when the clubs let out and I hardly slept, wasn't helped by jetlag either. The second time, last year, we were CL and right next door to the lounge and it was lovely and peaceful. We are back at the BWI now and overlooking the activity lawn and again its lovely and peaceful, we were first placed on the first floor by the pool but I didn't fancy the noise or the chance of crawlies getting in my room. I'm also loving all the staircase shortcuts it makes life so much easier, found the one yesterday that comes out at the side of Wylands

If anyone has any questions ask away, I think someone asked about a hoist at the Luna pool a while back, there is one there and one at the spa .
Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneemama View Post
I am so excited to find this thread! I have stayed at OKW with my son several times most recently for the 4th of July. I love staying there so much. Anyway I visited BWV and totally fell in love with this resort. I am looking for advice on staying at BWV vs AoA suite for a stay in Oct. It will be 3 adults and one baby. She doesn't own DVC so looking at renting 5 days adding dining plan and tickets. Personally I would rather rent points and stay at BWV 1 bedroom. Can anyone give me information that I can use to convince her it would be so much better to book BWV? Aside from how beautiful it is staying at a boardwalk resort. I am a Disney addict but can't seem to find time to read all the post. Although I plan on reading this one completely. This has so much great information, Thanks a bunch to all who post here!
Welcome, disneemama! I'm glad you've found the thread useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7079 View Post
We will be staying in October I had originally booked the week of the 13th in a CL deluxe room, but I had to push our dates back a week and there were no deluxes left ): (I will keep checking though).

This is my favorite hotel on property.

Because of all the talk of the boardwalk view and noise, I wanted to tell you about my experience. Last Novemeber we stayed at the Boardwalk for my Birthday, when we arrived we were greeted in the front and someone dumped a bucket of pixie dust on us as we had been upgraded to CL, not only CL, but deluxe CL! We were right over the bakery and I never heard any noise, but I loved sleeping with the drapes open so i could look across at the Beach and Yacht Club all lit up!

Moral of the story: the Boardwalk isn't noisy inside the rooms and it is pretty cool to sit on your balcony and watch the action...unless you already have a deluxe cl booked for the week of October 20th in which case it is awful. And you should call and change your reservation immediately and message me to let me know it is available now

Jennifer
Sorry you lost your Deluxe, but don't give-up! Rooms open up all the time.

Our noisy CL room was just outside the Innkeeper's Club desk area next to the secured door. We heard noise from those entering/exiting the CL desk area, from the Buskers/crowds right below our balcony and from the Flying Fish electric sign right next to our side window. I think some rooms are better than others when it comes to noise. Our view was really amazing and our balcony was huge, but it was quite noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4298 View Post
I can't believe I read the whole thread! We are staying at BWV in a 2BR for 8 nights in January. There was some really great information in this thread! Sounds like we made a good resort choice for our 2nd trip to WDW.
Yippee and welcome! If you have any questions, we have some great DVC experts here who can help you.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #403
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I thought you booked a STD View?
Not to sound completely ignorant, but is a STD view?? The short of the long - I originally booked 2 1 bedroom villas - preferred pool/garden view. Two, because my parents are going with us. Then I switched to the 1 bedroom/studio lockoff with a Boardwalk view. Now I'm second guessing the noise level. I'm all about a view, though - it's part of my vacation. Guess I could sleep with earplugs Who knows?!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #404
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Would it be weird to request "nice view" on the BWI side? I want a balcony that doesn't face the parking lot lol Any suggestions?

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #405
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Would it be weird to request "nice view" on the BWI side? I want a balcony that doesn't face the parking lot lol Any suggestions?
I loved the quiet pool view. It was very pretty. We could also see France and the high fire works from Illuminations. Nothing weird about requesting a nice view you just have to be a little more specific. Maybe other folks have other specific views to request.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: