Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #376
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If you have the points and are booking somewhat early, why not go for Boardwalk view? Have you tried it yet? Otherwise the community hall area probably would be nice and quiet and closer to walk to HS.
Didn't love the Boardwalk view. View = Great. Noise = Not enough sleep for me. I figure I can leave that category for someone who really, really wants it. We've done Luna Park a couple times, standard view a few times...

And, yes, exactly what you wrote about the area in question is why we think it would be worth a try. However, I may be missing some negatives, hence the post.

Thanks for your thoughts!
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #377
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
Didn't love the Boardwalk view. View = Great. Noise = Not enough sleep for me. I figure I can leave that category for someone who really, really wants it. We've done Luna Park a couple times, standard view a few times...

And, yes, exactly what you wrote about the area in question is why we think it would be worth a try. However, I may be missing some negatives, hence the post.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Ah, we love the BW view and got spoiled rotten in January when we had a 2 bedroom, the same villa Samantha Brown was in during the taping of Great Hotels. But, it's not for everyone. We didn't find it noisy, but it was January. We'll be at the BWI in a few weeks, CL and hoping for BW view so we'll see if the noise level is different in Aug.
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #378
acc9242
Earning My Ears

I'm joining the BWI party! We were originally going to be at AoA Cars suite, but the military discount available had other ideas. After three phone calls and a total of 157 minutes on the phone with various CMs, we will enjoy a military rate at BWI SV, check in on 10/17. We're staying three nights there before we hop across the lagoon for a five night stay at BC. I've enjoyed reading all the informational stuff and plan on going to past boardwalk threads. I'm still trying to figure out what views to request and would like an Epcot view, but are there any epcot view rooms that are a little closer to the elevator? When we stayed at WL in 2009 we were in the boonies and had a heck of a time trying to refill mugs! I'm looking forward to acquainting myself with everyone!

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

acc9242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #379
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Glad you'll be able to get in more of tour trip!! thats excellent.
We going to try Kidani for the first time (really loved Jambo in April), and we'll likely do our normal BW in Nov, but we're thinking of maybe trying that "other" Disney park next year. I've never been to the 'Land.
A one bedroom at Kidani? Those and BLT's are the only one bedrooms with two bathrooms. I love the Kidani interiors, but we really dislike the location/lack of trans. options. We prefer staying where we have more than just a bus option. But, having said that, I think Kidani/AKL would be great for a shorter split stay. How long are you staying? I know nothing of this "other" park of which you allude to

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
We're one of the rare ones who didn't like all the hustle and bustle of the BW either (and one of the rare ones who weren't crazy about their CL). The view was amazing, but much activity and evening noise comes with it. I know most like that, but we actually prefer the garden/courtyard/Epcot view at BWI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acc9242 View Post
I'm joining the BWI party! We were originally going to be at AoA Cars suite, but the military discount available had other ideas. After three phone calls and a total of 157 minutes on the phone with various CMs, we will enjoy a military rate at BWI SV, check in on 10/17. We're staying three nights there before we hop across the lagoon for a five night stay at BC. I've enjoyed reading all the informational stuff and plan on going to past boardwalk threads. I'm still trying to figure out what views to request and would like an Epcot view, but are there any epcot view rooms that are a little closer to the elevator? When we stayed at WL in 2009 we were in the boonies and had a heck of a time trying to refill mugs! I'm looking forward to acquainting myself with everyone!
Welcome! Sounds like you might have called the day the military rate extension was released. Many encountered some issues while the WDTC system was updated.

I don't know which rooms are both close to an elevator and have an Epcot view, but I would request both if that is what you'd prefer. Unlike WL, which has a QS refill location, BWI doesn't. But, you can refill your mug at the following locations:

BoardWalk Bakery, BoardWalk Joe's, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets and Leaping Horse Libations.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #380
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We're one of the rare ones who didn't like all the hustle and bustle of the BW either (and one of the rare ones who weren't crazy about their CL). The view was amazing, but much activity and evening noise comes with it. I know most like that, but we actually prefer the garden/courtyard/Epcot view at BWI.
Hmmmm..... haven't even considered the noise level. I'm a super light sleeper, so I might need to rethink this. The kids (and me) want this view, but it might not come to fruition now. Glad you mentioned this little issue.

Just curious, has anyone used David's DVC Rentals??? Have been considering this avenue for our BWV stay.

Thanks!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #381
weswife
DIS Veteran

Hello, I have enjoyed reading all of the posts! I love seeing all the pics! This will be our 1st BWV stay, we are staying on points via David. We did pay for a preferred view. We also need a HC room with a roll in for DD 20. We are a family of 4. We went with the studio b/c this will be our 1st experience so we will see how it goes! I looked at the map. Any idea as to where our room may be located? My family is looking forward to visiting the BWV. We had dinner at the BC last year and took a stroll around. Of course we did not enter the BW main area or see the pool area so we rely on pics and info for that! My DH likes the fact of being able to walk to Epcot, that's his favorite spot. We do plan to go to FW. We went last year but after eating at Cape May for breakfast we were full!!!!!!! So, we did not really participate in FW.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #382
ckrisie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Hmmmm..... haven't even considered the noise level. I'm a super light sleeper, so I might need to rethink this. The kids (and me) want this view, but it might not come to fruition now. Glad you mentioned this little issue.

Just curious, has anyone used David's DVC Rentals??? Have been considering this avenue for our BWV stay.

Thanks!
Heather
We used davids to rent bwv. It was pretty easy but we had to join a wait list until they had points. Took like a week and a half.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #383
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

I too hate the noise, on our first stay we were on points for BWV and were right above the model house, the noise was awful when the clubs let out and I hardly slept, wasn't helped by jetlag either. The second time, last year, we were CL and right next door to the lounge and it was lovely and peaceful. We are back at the BWI now and overlooking the activity lawn and again its lovely and peaceful, we were first placed on the first floor by the pool but I didn't fancy the noise or the chance of crawlies getting in my room. I'm also loving all the staircase shortcuts it makes life so much easier, found the one yesterday that comes out at the side of Wylands

If anyone has any questions ask away, I think someone asked about a hoist at the Luna pool a while back, there is one there and one at the spa .
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #384
disneemama
Mouseketeer

I am so excited to find this thread! I have stayed at OKW with my son several times most recently for the 4th of July. I love staying there so much. Anyway I visited BWV and totally fell in love with this resort. I am looking for advice on staying at BWV vs AoA suite for a stay in Oct. It will be 3 adults and one baby. She doesn't own DVC so looking at renting 5 days adding dining plan and tickets. Personally I would rather rent points and stay at BWV 1 bedroom. Can anyone give me information that I can use to convince her it would be so much better to book BWV? Aside from how beautiful it is staying at a boardwalk resort. I am a Disney addict but can't seem to find time to read all the post. Although I plan on reading this one completely. This has so much great information, Thanks a bunch to all who post here!

disneemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #385
disneemama
Mouseketeer

Love love love this resort. Just went thru all the pics and a few more post and want to stay here so much! Does Disney offer decent discounts or should I go with David's DVC?

disneemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #386
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
If anyone has any questions ask away, I think someone asked about a hoist at the Luna pool a while back, there is one there and one at the spa .
Someone else asked about children's life vests at the pool. I'm sure I saw them there, but don't have any photos and can't recall where they were located. If you could check on that, it would be appreciated. Hope you're having lots of fun!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #387
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneemama View Post
Love love love this resort. Just went thru all the pics and a few more post and want to stay here so much! Does Disney offer decent discounts or should I go with David's DVC?
BW is our absolute favorite resort!! General Public discounts can be great, but it depends on what kind of space you require. If you want more than a hotel room, a studio will offer a kitchenette which makes eating breakfast in the room easy. However, you will only have one real bed and a pullout. If you are looking to spread out, a 1 bedroom villa is awesome and also allows you to have access to a washer/dryer.
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #388
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Just firmed up our plans

We will be staying in October I had originally booked the week of the 13th in a CL deluxe room, but I had to push our dates back a week and there were no deluxes left ): (I will keep checking though).

This is my favorite hotel on property.

Because of all the talk of the boardwalk view and noise, I wanted to tell you about my experience. Last Novemeber we stayed at the Boardwalk for my Birthday, when we arrived we were greeted in the front and someone dumped a bucket of pixie dust on us as we had been upgraded to CL, not only CL, but deluxe CL! We were right over the bakery and I never heard any noise, but I loved sleeping with the drapes open so i could look across at the Beach and Yacht Club all lit up!

Moral of the story: the Boardwalk isn't noisy inside the rooms and it is pretty cool to sit on your balcony and watch the action...unless you already have a deluxe cl booked for the week of October 20th in which case it is awful. And you should call and change your reservation immediately and message me to let me know it is available now

Jennifer
Jen7079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #389
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Someone else asked about children's life vests at the pool. I'm sure I saw them there, but don't have any photos and can't recall where they were located. If you could check on that, it would be appreciated. Hope you're having lots of fun!
Yes they have a good selection of sizes of life vests by the pool side, DD is a CM at Typhoon Lagoon and commented on the range of sizes, I didn't take any photos by the pool as there were a lot of people there and some may not like it.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #390
td4298
Earning My Ears

I can't believe I read the whole thread! We are staying at BWV in a 2BR for 8 nights in January. There was some really great information in this thread! Sounds like we made a good resort choice for our 2nd trip to WDW.
td4298 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: