Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #331
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicLAL12 View Post
I think it's likely that you'll get the full 6 days in a studio, especially at 11 months out. We requested points only 6 months out and got 4 nights in a studio for January.. We did have to split into a 1bed for our other 3 nights but I was still happy to get it

Good luck and enjoy!
Lucky you to get in SV studio at 6 months out in January. We have been on a waitlisting to get in BWV SV Studio at 7 months out in January.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #332
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue61 View Post
I can't find what I consider to be good pictures of a BWI Deluxe Room-Club level. I'm trying to decide if three adults and two children in pack n plays (ages 2 years and 6 months) would sleep comfortably. Specifically, would there be room for two pack n plays with a little separation; e.g., one by the window and one by the door? Would a Garden Suite be preferable? Any advice and/or pictures would be great. Thanks in advance!
So the Deluxe room and Cottage photos on the first page weren't helpful?

There wouldn't be room by the door, but there is room in the area pictured in the hyperlink above that has the TV and sleeper sofa by the sliding glass door. The cottages are much larger, but they are not located within the same building as the CL lounge and they all have one king upstairs in a loft and one sleeper downstairs in the living room.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #333
thisismyusername
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue61
I can't find what I consider to be good pictures of a BWI Deluxe Room-Club level. I'm trying to decide if three adults and two children in pack n plays (ages 2 years and 6 months) would sleep comfortably. Specifically, would there be room for two pack n plays with a little separation; e.g., one by the window and one by the door? Would a Garden Suite be preferable? Any advice and/or pictures would be great. Thanks in advance!
We stayed in the deluxe CL room just a few weeks ago. It's quite large--it felt like double the space of a regular room even though I know it's not--and would be plenty big for three adults and two pack n plays, provided that you don't unfold the sleeper sofa. If you do, then yo'll still have plenty of room, but it will be harder to separate the PNPs.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #334
babyblue61
That's why you're the judge and I'm the law-talking guy

Thank you! It's difficult to see the space by the door in the photos, but, from what you have both said, I think I will try the pack n plays in the living room area, which we would not be using for sleeping. Thanks again!
April 1985 - Off-Site * April 1987 - Off-Site * July 1992 - Off-Site * November 1996 - Shades of Green * August 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort * January 2002 - All-Star Sports * January 2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * October 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort * May 2005 - Beach Club * October 2005 - Boardwalk Inn * April 2006 - Boardwalk Inn * January 2009 - Swan * January 2009 - Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter * September 2009 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary * October 2012 - Yacht Club and Dolphin * March 2013 - Polynesian * October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn * March 2014 - Boardwalk Inn
babyblue61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #335
thisismyusername
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue61
Thank you! It's difficult to see the space by the door in the photos, but, from what you have both said, I think I will try the pack n plays in the living room area, which we would not be using for sleeping. Thanks again!
Enjoy! It's a fantastic room! When booking, request the third floor--they have bigger balconies. There's a staircase right by the room which takes you directly up to the 4th floor and the CL entrance.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #336
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Couple of questions about the Garden Suites we are thinking of switching from the BC CL for our Oct trip...

I think I read somewhere that there's a half bath on the first floor. Is that true?

Where are the entrances to the main building and to the boardwalk? Is it far to go?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #337
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hiya Kook,
It's probably the heat advisory weather we're having here, but I couldn't help myself. SAB was just too tempting.
I know we'll stay at BWI again, so I'll continue to lurk on your friendly thread!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #338
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseystigger View Post
Couple of questions about the Garden Suites we are thinking of switching from the BC CL for our Oct trip...

I think I read somewhere that there's a half bath on the first floor. Is that true?

Where are the entrances to the main building and to the boardwalk? Is it far to go?

Thanks!
Not that I've ever stayed in a Cottage, but yes, there is a 1/2 bath on the first floor. Allears has a nice photo gallery here http://allears.net/acc/g_bwi.htm

We stayed at BWI in March and are heading back in a couple of weeks. The cottages are in the garden area of the Inn side. We walked by them to go to the quiet pool. It is a little walk to get into the main building and then through the lobby to the exits, but I wouldn't call it far. They look lovely.

No trip scheduled.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #339
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hiya Kook,
It's probably the heat advisory weather we're having here, but I couldn't help myself. SAB was just too tempting.
I know we'll stay at BWI again, so I'll continue to lurk on your friendly thread!

The lure of the lazy river. You'll have a great WDW vacation no matter where you stay, but you're still on the BW, but are you still at AKL? Enjoy the YC and F&W and come by any of my threads anytime the mood strikes you.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #340
csrafael
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome and congratulations on booking BWI. You have lots of fun ADRs to make. I'll add you to our BW Bulletin.
Thanks a lot .... it's our first stay in Boardwalk and Epcot area resort.... we cannot wait for the food & wine !!! and for the table and signature restaurants !!!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #341
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Is there anywhere to buy balloons on the BW? DD has just passed her BSc (Hons) in Psychology, she's currently on the International College Programme and we're coming over to see her tomorrow, I've got her a congratulations card but would like to get her a balloon too, we're taking her shopping next week so then she can pick out a present but it would be nice to have something to give her .
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #342
WDWKOOK

I was going to add the BW entertainment link MOM POPPINS posted: http://www.wdwent.com, but I just noticed that the BW page was last updated 10 years ago, but some of the info. still looks right.

Hope everyone is keeping cool today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Is there anywhere to buy balloons on the BW? DD has just passed her BSc (Hons) in Psychology, she's currently on the International College Programme and we're coming over to see her tomorrow, I've got her a congratulations card but would like to get her a balloon too, we're taking her shopping next week so then she can pick out a present but it would be nice to have something to give her .
What a sweet gesture and congratulations to DD! I don't recall seeing balloons for sale on the BW. I suppose you could order them through Disney Florist
Old 07-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #343
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

Staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in 3 weeks. Can someone tell me if at the Luna pool, they have life vests available for the little kids?

TIA

houseful of boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #344
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

We'll be staying at BWV 9/28 - 10/1 in a studio. First time at BW, first time at a Deluxe. Adults only trip to enjoy Food and Wine fest.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #345
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
What a sweet gesture and congratulations to DD! I don't recall seeing balloons for sale on the BW. I suppose you could order them through Disney Florist
Good thinking, thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: