Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #3301
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
4 weeks from today I'll be sitting on the balcony of my (hopefully newly renovated) deluxe room and enjoying the view before heading over to Epcot for some evening fun and dinner at Coral Reef.
Have there been any updates on the progress of the room renovations? I am looking forward to a renovated room next month if they are still on schedule.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #3302
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #3303
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Have there been any updates on the progress of the room renovations? I am looking forward to a renovated room next month if they are still on schedule.
Floors 4 and 3, where the Deluxe Rooms are located should have been completed by now, but IDK which floor they are on right now. Maybe someone who is there now could get a rehab status update
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #3304
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Hi, sorry if this question has been asked, I looked for it and couldn't find the answer! We have 2 upcoming stays at BWV's during F&W. Contemplating on getting the mugs and wondering where do you get them filled at? I believe I read that they have a self serve refillable machine in the Bakery, but is this the only place? What about at the pool bar, will they fill it for you or is it self serve? The last time, we were at BWV (before the new mugs, lol) you could also take your mugs to the pizza window, which then they would give you a paper up filled up. Thanks!!
Deb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #3305
ajksmom
DIS Veteran

You can still fill them at the bakery, self serve.

At the pool they will fill them for you but do not have as many choices of beverages.
ajksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #3306
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

We are booked at BWV the first week of February and could only get a standard view. I was hoping for Boardwalk view but they said all villas were taken. What are the odds of a better view opening up? Should I keep calling or just hope for pixie dust?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #3307
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I understand. It's really hard when your pet is ill and requires medicine everyday. Have you thought about boarding him at your vet's? That way he'd have around the clock medical attention. But, I understand it can be a difficult decision to board an ailing cat or even a healthy cat for that matter. December will be here before you know it and I hope your cat improves by then. How old is he?
Thanks. He's 13, which is on the young side of old for cats. A few weeks back we almost lost him, and he was in the vet hospital for a week, and he was miserable from the isolation as well as being sick. The vet said he was very noticably better when we visited. So right now putting him back in the vet for a week wouldn't be good. We'll see how things are in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
We are booked at BWV the first week of February and could only get a standard view. I was hoping for Boardwalk view but they said all villas were taken. What are the odds of a better view opening up? Should I keep calling or just hope for pixie dust?
Within seven months, usually the boardwalk views are all gone. Something could always open up for a cancellation, but you'd have to get get lucky to catch it before the waitlist kicks in. Good luck if you try!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #3308
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
did you book with DVC points?
if no, CRO standard view is run-of-house - usually pool/garden view as those comprise the vast majority of BWV villas.
if you did book with points, first it would be odd that standard view (driveway) would be available , but you can certainly waitlist thru DVC MS for BW view (more points).
just to note: BWV BW view is only available for booking with DVC points (not thru CRO, not even DVC member cash reservations).
hth
Old 08-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #3309
bitohoney
DIS Veteran

I just want to peek in here and say that I stayed at the BWV in a 1 br standard view in May and I LOVED the resort. LOVED IT. It was my first time there and I can't put into words how amazing this place is.
We ate breakfast at Kouzzina, it was great! We had lunch at ESPN and that was great also! We also had some goodies from the bakery and that was great too! One good thing at the bakery was you could get soup of the day with bread as a snack credit which we had for lunch one day. We didn't get to eat at Flying Fish, my daughter got sick the day that we had ADRs for it.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...but now it's onto resort #10 (I'm trying to stay in them all).

Tons of DL trips, CBR June 2005 (1st time at WDW), SoG May 2007, Disneyland December/January 2007/2008, Pop August 2008, AKL April 2009, GF April 2010, ASMovies Oct 2010, POFQ Dec 2011, Disneyland Hotel May/June 2012, BCV Feb 2013, BWV May 2014, POR May 2015
bitohoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #3310
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitohoney View Post
I just want to peek in here and say that I stayed at the BWV in a 1 br standard view in May and I LOVED the resort. LOVED IT. It was my first time there and I can't put into words how amazing this place is. We ate breakfast at Kouzzina, it was great! We had lunch at ESPN and that was great also! We also had some goodies from the bakery and that was great too! One good thing at the bakery was you could get soup of the day with bread as a snack credit which we had for lunch one day. We didn't get to eat at Flying Fish, my daughter got sick the day that we had ADRs for it. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...but now it's onto resort #10 (I'm trying to stay in them all).
Sounds like a great time, except for the sick park...sorry about that. Been there, done that with my son so I could totally relate.

Wow, staying at all the WDW resorts sounds amazing! DH and I stay at BWV on our DVC points (it's our home resort) and occasionally we say that maybe it would be nice to stay at BLT one time, or the Polynesian when the DVC part there opens up...but we always end up saying that we would miss BWV too much! Although, I do love the Polynesian, so maybe a split stay is finally in order. We shall see!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #3311
tsme
DIS Veteran

We are less than 2 weeks away from our lovely Boardwalk Inn room & view. I'm so excited & want to start packing. So I "packed", actually just put together, our vitamins & other meds. Have to do something, I'm just too darn excited!
tsme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #3312
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
If you booked a studio, you could request Village Green view since that might give you a little BW view. But if I remember correctly, only studios have Village Green view, no one bedrooms or two bedroom lockoffs.

Cash reservations can't get BW view villas.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #3313
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123
Hi, sorry if this question has been asked, I looked for it and couldn't find the answer! We have 2 upcoming stays at BWV's during F&W. Contemplating on getting the mugs and wondering where do you get them filled at? I believe I read that they have a self serve refillable machine in the Bakery, but is this the only place? What about at the pool bar, will they fill it for you or is it self serve? The last time, we were at BWV (before the new mugs, lol) you could also take your mugs to the pizza window, which then they would give you a paper up filled up. Thanks!!
The Bakery, Leaping Horse Libations, Belle Vue Lounge and Boardwalk Joes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #3314
AGoofykindagirl
Earning My Ears

Smile 2 ECV users

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered before. DSis (60) and I had our first stay at BWI this past weekend for Villains at DHS. We were on the first floor and would take Inn elevator to 2nd floor, then lobby elevator to BW level. Was there a more direct way to get there that we just didn't find? We are taking DPop (82) so there will be 2 people with ECV's. I just need to know what would be the best room request to make. We have standard view rooms. Thanks in advance for your advice. I have been reading this thread and know how helpful everyone is. I feel like I'm meeting old friends that haven't met yet!

Sarah W
AGoofykindagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #3315
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoofykindagirl View Post
I am sorry if this has been asked and answered before. DSis (60) and I had our first stay at BWI this past weekend for Villains at DHS. We were on the first floor and would take Inn elevator to 2nd floor, then lobby elevator to BW level. Was there a more direct way to get there that we just didn't find? We are taking DPop (82) so there will be 2 people with ECV's. I just need to know what would be the best room request to make. We have standard view rooms. Thanks in advance for your advice. I have been reading this thread and know how helpful everyone is. I feel like I'm meeting old friends that haven't met yet!

Sarah W
No, there isn't a more convenient way. It might be a little faster to cross over to the villa side on the lobby level where there are three elevators that go to the ground level instead of using the one on the inn side twice. I have to admit we would book YC or BC when we had an ECV.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: