Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #316
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Hi All! We are traveling next month for 8 nights. We've been all over the place with changing resorts (it's kind of a game for me..haha). We own DVC and initially had 3 nights at BWV, but decided to use the points at WL and book 4 nights BWI CL! I'm so super excited!! We arrive at the BWI on 8/18, checking out 8/22. DS turns 3 on 8/21 Nice way to spend his birthday!

Any recent reviews of the BWI CL?? Our home resort is BWV, so we've stayed there a number of times but this is our first trip to the Inn side. Can't wait!
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #317
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Just spoke to a woman over at BW concierge and was advised that any refrigerators that were recalled at the BW would have been replaced immediately. She said that we will have a fridge when get there in less than 2 weeks.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #318
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Just spoke to a woman over at BW concierge and was advised that any refrigerators that were recalled at the BW would have been replaced immediately. She said that we will have a fridge when get there in less than 2 weeks.
Well I was given bad info. Just heard back from IPO and was told that the refrigerators are in limited supply. I hope we get one since the lounge doesn't have a refrigerator and it will be very hard to keep things cold in an ice bucket in your room for late night after lounge is closed.

Not happy at all. This is not getting off to a good start.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #319
Letterhead
Mouseketeer

In 16 days I'm heading on Honeymoon and we're staying here for the first week (30 July - 06 Aug). I cannot wait!

I've never been, but I just have that feeling I'm going to love the place. Both the theme and location look perfect, as I'm a big fan of:
1920s - 1950s culture
Epcot
DHS (Yes I'm their one fan)
And most importantly eating

My one regret is we will not be there long enough to try every restaurant, and that we didn't book a Boardwalk View (but if we did we couldn't afford a deluxe for weeks 2 and 3).

I'm fully expecting both my Fiancée and I to love the place to the point where we will have to go back every time (meaning even longer waits between trips!).

I'm just wondering does anyone know if there's much BWI merch available? Ideally in the form of pins and magnets and other keepsakes such as picture frames.
Letterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #320
avander
Earning My Ears

Hi, I will be going to WDW this Christmas and staying at the boardwalk, I was wondering if anyone knows who the current street performers at the boardwalk are or any place to find out what the schedule is? Thanks!
avander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #321
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Hi All! We are traveling next month for 8 nights. We've been all over the place with changing resorts (it's kind of a game for me..haha). We own DVC and initially had 3 nights at BWV, but decided to use the points at WL and book 4 nights BWI CL! I'm so super excited!! We arrive at the BWI on 8/18, checking out 8/22. DS turns 3 on 8/21 Nice way to spend his birthday!

Any recent reviews of the BWI CL?? Our home resort is BWV, so we've stayed there a number of times but this is our first trip to the Inn side. Can't wait!
Welcome! I'll add your dates to the BW Bulletin. My BWI/CL review is from April 2012, so it's not that recent, but it's posted HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post
In 16 days I'm heading on Honeymoon and we're staying here for the first week (30 July - 06 Aug). I cannot wait!

I've never been, but I just have that feeling I'm going to love the place. Both the theme and location look perfect, as I'm a big fan of:
1920s - 1950s culture
Epcot
DHS (Yes I'm their one fan)
And most importantly eating

My one regret is we will not be there long enough to try every restaurant, and that we didn't book a Boardwalk View (but if we did we couldn't afford a deluxe for weeks 2 and 3).

I'm fully expecting both my Fiancée and I to love the place to the point where we will have to go back every time (meaning even longer waits between trips!).

I'm just wondering does anyone know if there's much BWI merch available? Ideally in the form of pins and magnets and other keepsakes such as picture frames.
Welcome! You posted on the WL thread that you'd be staying there your last two weeks. Maybe you could do some of the missed dining then? There is quite a bit of BW merchandise. I have photos from April 2012 on the first page.

I hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #322
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterhead View Post

Congrats and have a great trip. If you don't get all that dining in, you'll have a reason to return on the 1 year anniversary.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #323
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avander View Post
Hi, I will be going to WDW this Christmas and staying at the boardwalk, I was wondering if anyone knows who the current street performers at the boardwalk are or any place to find out what the schedule is? Thanks!
http://www.wdwent.com/ Go to this link and click on "Boardwalk"

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Boardwalk January 15

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #324
csrafael
Earning My Ears

We will arrive at the BWI on 9/23, checking out 10/1. We took the Deluxe Dining, paying just the upgrade from Dining Plan, because the Dining Plan free!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #325
Letterhead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome! I'll add your dates to the BW Bulletin. My BWI/CL review is from April 2012, so it's not that recent, but it's posted HERE.

Welcome! You posted on the WL thread that you'd be staying there your last two weeks. Maybe you could do some of the missed dining then? There is quite a bit of BW merchandise. I have photos from April 2012 on the first page.

I hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon
The two weeks in WL we are using to fit in the rest of WDW dining and any off-site eating. We will probably just have to book another visit
Letterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #326
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrafael View Post
We will arrive at the BWI on 9/23, checking out 10/1. We took the Deluxe Dining, paying just the upgrade from Dining Plan, because the Dining Plan free!
With all those dining credits, make sure you try Flying Fish and Yachtsman's Steakhouse across the water. Both are worth the two credits!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #327
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Miss We found the Std room much quieter than the WV room we had the previous trip. I actually kinda missed the noise of the performers and sounds from the water but DH liked the Std view more as there was a good amount of foliage, we had requested 3rd floor and even though our room was just about parallel to the entrance to BWI we were not bothered by noise from traffic or buses.
Thanks Sheila! Quiet is just the ticket -- for ME anyway, don't think the other two care all that much. That SV you had sounds kinda similar to our first SV room we had at BC, overlooked the entrance. The bus noise didn't bother us (although the "GV" room we had at YC ... the bus stop noise was horrible! )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #328
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianrose View Post
Hoping to be able to rent points at BWV for our Nov 2014 (honeymoon!) stay. It's just the two of us, so we only need a studio.

I see people often have to split their stay... Do you think it's at all likely we might get our full 6 days, or do they just go too fast, even if I request at 11 months out?
I think it's likely that you'll get the full 6 days in a studio, especially at 11 months out. We requested points only 6 months out and got 4 nights in a studio for January.. We did have to split into a 1bed for our other 3 nights but I was still happy to get it

Good luck and enjoy!

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #329
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
http://www.wdwent.com/ Go to this link and click on "Boardwalk"
I'll have to add your great link to the first page - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrafael View Post
Welcome and congratulations on booking BWI. You have lots of fun ADRs to make. I'll add you to our BW Bulletin.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #330
babyblue61
That's why you're the judge and I'm the law-talking guy

BWI Deluxe Room Question - adding to this thread

I can't find what I consider to be good pictures of a BWI Deluxe Room-Club level. I'm trying to decide if three adults and two children in pack n plays (ages 2 years and 6 months) would sleep comfortably. Specifically, would there be room for two pack n plays with a little separation; e.g., one by the window and one by the door? Would a Garden Suite be preferable? Any advice and/or pictures would be great. Thanks in advance!
April 1985 - Off-Site * April 1987 - Off-Site * July 1992 - Off-Site * November 1996 - Shades of Green * August 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort * January 2002 - All-Star Sports * January 2003 - Animal Kingdom Lodge * October 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort * May 2005 - Beach Club * October 2005 - Boardwalk Inn * April 2006 - Boardwalk Inn * January 2009 - Swan * January 2009 - Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter * September 2009 - Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary * October 2012 - Yacht Club and Dolphin * March 2013 - Polynesian * October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn * March 2014 - Boardwalk Inn * April 2014 - Swan
babyblue61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: