Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #3046
tsme
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if all the CL Deluxe rooms (on the 4th floor) are behind the InnKeeper door? We booked a CL Deluxe room & requested the 4th floor and would really rather be behind the door to be closer to the CL lounge.
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #3047
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
Does anyone know if all the CL Deluxe rooms (on the 4th floor) are behind the InnKeeper door? We booked a CL Deluxe room & requested the 4th floor and would really rather be behind the door to be closer to the CL lounge.
Yes they are. Hope you do not get a room on the 3rd floor.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #3048
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Yes they are. Hope you do not get a room on the 3rd floor.
Actually, that's not completely true. We were in the middle room above Seashore Sweets, and we were just outside the door. The room to the right of us (looking from the BW) was obviously outside the door as well. I think the one to the left was inside the door, but not sure. We really liked the room we had, even if it was outside the door.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #3049
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

We had a great meal at YS as well, and great atmosphere as well. We had a better experience and food at Cali Grill than you, but it was way louder there than YS.

Thanks for the new pictures.
Thanks for the last batch of pics Kook!

I'm glad both of you liked YS as well and it wasn't just us! We're staying one night in WDW on our 10th anniversary in Oct before our week long Disney cruise, and we really wanted to stay on the BW and eat at Yachtman's for our anniversary. But, both BWV and BCV were completely sold out for DVC points (dammm F&W), and we were able to get a MK view studio at BLT, so we figured we'd spend those points to have the nice view for one night and eat at Narcoossee's, which was also really good on our last trip, and just do YS again on our long December BW trip. Already have the ADRs for that one. .

We're staying away from CG until the reviews start getting consistently better.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #3050
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thanks for the last batch of pics Kook!

I'm glad both of you liked YS as well and it wasn't just us! We're staying one night in WDW on our 10th anniversary in Oct before our week long Disney cruise, and we really wanted to stay on the BW and eat at Yachtman's for our anniversary. But, both BWV and BCV were completely sold out for DVC points (dammm F&W), and we were able to get a MK view studio at BLT, so we figured we'd spend those points to have the nice view for one night and eat at Narcoossee's, which was also really good on our last trip, and just do YS again on our long December BW trip. Already have the ADRs for that one. .

We're staying away from CG until the reviews start getting consistently better.
Narcoossee was good as well the last time we went. Narcoossee, YS, Jiko were all excellent meals with the relaxing atmosphere. Cali Grill had better food, but both there and Flying Fish were more noisy with people moving about. Now, I enjoy the crowds, noise, and excitement - just not during my meal at a fine dining restaurant.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #3051
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Actually, that's not completely true. We were in the middle room above Seashore Sweets, and we were just outside the door. The room to the right of us (looking from the BW) was obviously outside the door as well. I think the one to the left was inside the door, but not sure. We really liked the room we had, even if it was outside the door.
Actually I am correct. There are no DELUXE rooms, which the OP asked about, outside the Club door. There are 5 DELUXE rooms on the 4th floor, all past the door. The rooms that you are referring to in front of the door are all STANDARD rooms, not DELUXE.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #3052
sfbank
DIS Veteran

We have actually stayed in one room outside the door twice. It has a little bit longer entryway that makes it seem bigger with the normal room with two beds and sleeper sofa. We stayed once in 2006 when we took my parents and two years ago. Last year we stayed in the club level room that is the other standard room outside the door. Like that balcony over Flying Fish in that one--huge!!! DH does like being inside the door because he is not social. Really likes everyone from the Innkeepers Club but then has to talk to them every time we go through the door to get to the lounge

Last edited by sfbank; 07-14-2014 at 11:06 AM.
sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #3053
Seabean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedmom View Post
Two more quick questions...
1. When staying CL do you guys bother with online check-in?
We always stay Deluxe CL, and we never have - should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedmom View Post
2. I requested 3rd floor Deluxe CL room for the bigger balcony but just read on the CL thread that they are still rehabbing on the 3rd & 4th floors. Worried I may have made a mistake with my request not sure I'd rather have a 3rd floor room if it's not refurbed & the 4th floor is. Anyone know where they are with the rehab on those rooms- arriving in 6 days!!!
I'm curious about this too... we prefer the 3rd floor Dlx CL ... are there refurbs going on right now? (we're travelling soon)
Old 07-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #3054
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Actually I am correct. There are no DELUXE rooms, which the OP asked about, outside the Club door. There are 5 DELUXE rooms on the 4th floor, all past the door. The rooms that you are referring to in front of the door are all STANDARD rooms, not DELUXE.
Have they moved the door since 2010? If not, we were definitely in a deluxe room that was outside the door. Like I said, the center room above Seashore Sweets. My pics of that room are on the front page of the thread, it's definitely a Deluxe.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #3055
dwdeb
Mouseketeer

BWV just checked in!

Here for 2 weeks in a 1 BR
Room and view awesome.
DVC member and this is our home resort, but using a summer discount.
Glad to be "home"
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #3056
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdeb View Post
Here for 2 weeks in a 1 BR Room and view awesome. DVC member and this is our home resort, but using a summer discount. Glad to be "home"
Can't wait to check into our 1BR on Sunday! BWV is our DVC home too and we love it there.

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #3057
tsme
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the responses. Though, since I got two different answers, maybe I should contact the IPO and ask. Thx again.
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #3058
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Knock knock...Can I join you? Just booked a preferred studio for Feb 14-21st

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #3059
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Speaking of deluxe rooms, can't decide whether to book standard or deluxe CL for January. We've stayed BWI CL three times - booked standard and requested boardwalk view every time. First two times, received what we booked and requested - standard CL, boardwalk view. Loved it. Third time, boardwalk view was not available, but they upgraded us to a garden view 2-bedroom suite. Wonderful!

For January, I can't decide. I love the boardwalk view and would love to guarantee it by booking deluxe. Our family of five could also use the extra space (especially the night before I run the marathon.) But I'd really prefer to be on the same floor as the lounge (especially after the marathon, when stairs may not be easy!) Advice?
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #3060
SeaPic
Earning My Ears

1BR Villa Sleeps 5?

Hello All! Great Thread!
I am planning a trip in 2015 in hopes of convincing my DH BWV should be our first WDW Home Resort . We stayed at BCV in 2012 and he mentioned he would have liked to stay at the BW instead. Up until now we have been able to stay in studios but DD will be 13 and DS will be 10 so I really need separate sleeping places to make a good impression (same room is OK).
What does the "5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING...WILL BE PROVIDED." mean?
Do you need to bring an air mattress and linens? Should I try for a 2BR (they seem hard to get)?
Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: