Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #2851
rea59
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the photos of the rehab. We arrive at BWI on 8/25. I'm really looking forward seeing all of the updates in person. Can't wait to see some photos of the deluxe rooms.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #2852
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm a bit late with this, but thank you all for the kind comments about posting the photos on Thursday - it was my pleasure and many thanks again to HARASW for taking them and emailing them to me so promptly.

Are you there yet?! We arrive at YC one week from today. We'd still LOVE to see any post-rehab photos you're willing to post

Umm, they do know about that beach by Crescent Lake, Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon? Silly kids…

Welcome and I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin. Here's a recap of mug refill locations from the DINING section of the thread:

DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, BoardWalk Joe's, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets and Leaping Horse Libations. Coffee refills are available at Belle Vue Lounge.
Pictures are going to be very similar to the ones already posted but I will still try to post what I took. Also, my DH was told no refills at Seashore Sweets today.

Edit: Or not, I guess I don't know how to add pictures. LOL They would really be a repeat of the pictures posted earlier. I will try another time, right now I need to go to bed

DH DS DD

Last edited by Jacqui; 06-15-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: don't know how to add pictures.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #2853
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Hello! I am staying at BWI CL with two friends during the Wine and Dine race weekend. One of my travel companions has a strong fear of clowns (I know, right?!). A mutual friend has told her that you can randomly encounter clowns on the grounds of the Boardwalk. Like, just walking around or in the public restrooms. This is not true, right? I have not stayed there yet (first stay will be with my daughter in September), but my impression is that the only clown is the creepy slide at the pool. Can people here give me some info so I can reassure my friend that she will not be ambushed by clowns?
Old 06-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #2854
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Also, the dates of my trips have changed. My daughter and I are coming September 27-30 now instead of October 11-14. We are staying in one of the garden suites. For my November trip, we are now arriving on Thursday night, so the dates will be November 6-10.
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #2855
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
Hello! I am staying at BWI CL with two friends during the Wine and Dine race weekend. One of my travel companions has a strong fear of clowns (I know, right?!). A mutual friend has told her that you can randomly encounter clowns on the grounds of the Boardwalk. Like, just walking around or in the public restrooms. This is not true, right? I have not stayed there yet (first stay will be with my daughter in September), but my impression is that the only clown is the creepy slide at the pool. Can people here give me some info so I can reassure my friend that she will not be ambushed by clowns?
In all my stays at BW (and there have been a ton..it's my home resort!!), I have never encountered a clown. Well, other than at Luna Park...but that one doesn't sneak up on you!!!! Yes, there are wandering entertainers on the boardwalk at night, but that would be jugglers, magicians, musicians...not clowns.
There is also a quiet pool behind BWI...that might be a good choice for your friend rather than Luna Park. Many find the clown there to be somewhat off-putting!
Quote:
Also, the dates of my trips have changed. My daughter and I are coming September 27-30 now instead of October 11-14. We are staying in one of the garden suites. For my November trip, we are now arriving on Thursday night, so the dates will be November 6-10.
Thanks!
Those are our dates in November as well!!! Arrive on the 6th, leave on the 10th.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #2856
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Those are our dates in November as well!!! Arrive on the 6th, leave on the 10th.
Great! Perhaps we'll see you there! Just not at Luna Park.

Thanks for validating what I was sure to be the case. Hopefully now my friend can relax and focus on the delicious food we will be eating!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #2857
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
I have stayed at the BWI 9 times over the last 6 years and I have never once encountered a clown on the property. From what I know, the clown at the pool is the only clown that she will see, if she chooses to.
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Old 06-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #2858
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow. That doesn't sound like a good friend at all! Never once have I ever seen a clown other than the one you refer to. The quiet pools are lovely - I love the one on the inn side.

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 06-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #2859
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are no wandering clowns at BWI. It sounds like the mutual friend was either very confused or telling a bit of a tall tale.
It's easy to swim at the quiet pool if there is any concern about the painted clown slide at the feature pool.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #2860
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

I love this!! It's a favorite of mine (corney as that may seem)
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 06-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #2861
weeniecat2442
Mouseketeer

we are anxiously awaiting the release of March/April 2015 prices and EMH! I believe they should be out in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone happen to know when Disney usually releases this kind of info?
We cant wait to book and continue on with our planning!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #2862
Tuckster
Earning My Ears

BWV studio that will sleep 5 ??

I read where there are some rooms that have 2 queens and a day bed ???? Its me, my wife, 2 adult children and a granddaughter
Old 06-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #2863
saxman
723 miles away

Woo Hoo - booked BWV - March 7-12, 2015

1976 - Disneyland in a stroller
2007, 2008, 2009 - POP
2011 - Swan
2013 - AofA - Little Mermaid
2015 - Boardwalk Villas

Old 06-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #2864
donnamk123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckster View Post
I read where there are some rooms that have 2 queens and a day bed ???? Its me, my wife, 2 adult children and a granddaughter
I don't know about the villas but Boardwalk Inn has rooms with 2 queens and a daybed.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #2865
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

We returned a couple of days ago after spending 9 nights in a 1 BR at BWV.

First of all, thanks to everyone on this thread who has given tips and advice, especially WDWKOOK.

This was our first stay at the BW (although, we have stayed at the BC, the Swan, and the Dolphin).

I rented points from a DVC owner 11 months ago for a standard view 1 BR.

I had an idea of where I wanted the room to be, so we requested far from elevators. It paid off as we got exactly what I was hoping for. We got the corner room #3123 which is a little bit of a different layout than the other 1 bedrooms. Instead of the smaller kitchen with the breakfast nook and 2 person round table, we had an open kitchen with no breakfast nook, but a 4 person round table. The room had 4 balconies (granted, 3 were connected, but they each had a separate door that led out and faced different angles).

I forgot to take a picture from the bedroom balcony (this was not connected to the other 3), but below was our view from the living room balconies:

Unfortunately, the fountain wasn't working more than it was, so I didn't get that in the fist photo. When looking toward the fountain/bridge, you could also see Illuminations quite well. One day, there was a pretty bad storm and I was looking out the bedroom window and watched lightning strike a tree about 50 feet away.

We usually took the stairs (even though it was on the 3rd floor) and it was so easy to get to both the walking path to Hollywood Studios and the bus stop. Speaking of the bus stop, we only took the bus when we'd go to Magic Kingdom, but that was not fun. One morning, we were at the bus stop at around 8:10 for a 9:00 opening. The CM said that they don't stop at the Swan and Dolphin at this time of day during the busy season. However, much to our dismay, it did. It wasn't just that day either. I feel bad for the people getting on there because there is absolutely nowhere for them to sit.

While I'd stay here again without hesitation, the only real downsides to me were that the rooms were a bit worn and I really disliked that there was no ledge in the shower (I shave my legs in the shower and it was difficult -- I sat at the bath ledge a couple of times, but that's not my preference). I thought the CMs were great and as we all know, the location is great. We would definitely stay here again.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: