Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #271
jontybfc
Earning My Ears

Hi, I've booked to stay in October in a 2 bedroom standard view villa and am just wondering if there are some that have a better view than others?
jontybfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #272
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
This is called a "boardwalk greens" view. There are a limited # that are considered standard view, so don't get your hopes up, but they are just lovely.
-former BW front desk CM
Thank you so much! I stayed here my first trip to the Boardwalk, and was wondering what I could say to request it!

Actually, I would love anywhere just not reaaaaally far away from the lobby or facing the parking lot, so could i request "Close to lobby, not parking lot view?"

Thanks!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #273
Stlhawkeye
Earning My Ears

Wow this is quite the thread!

Sorry to post some questions that have probably already been answered, but here goes.

How long before gates to Epcot open does boat service start?

Do gates to Epcot open early at the back entrance since WS is not open yet? (Wondering about the race for FP.)

How long is the walk to Hollywood Studios? (From villas)

We are staying in a 1br standard view studio through DVC renting points, are those located in a particular area/wing? (By community center?). I'm trying to get my bearings.

Thanks in advance, I'm sorry to post questions that are probably repeats.
Stlhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #274
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye View Post

Sorry to post some questions that have probably already been answered, but here goes.

Do gates to Epcot open early at the back entrance since WS is not open yet? (Wondering about the race for FP.)

We are staying in a 1br standard view studio through DVC renting points, are those located in a particular area/wing? (By community center?). I'm trying to get my bearings.

Standard villas face the front of the resort where the car port and parking lot are located.

I've never walked to HS but I hear it's about 15-20 min. depending on how fast you walk. You can exit out near the quiet pool on the villas side and that will bring you closer to HS and you'll still be in AC.

Last year when we were at the International Gateway Entrance for park opening they didn't start letting people in until exactly park opening.

I'm not sure when the boats to Epcot start because we always walk over to there. It's an easy walk. Maybe 5-10 minutes.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #275
Stlhawkeye
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Stlhawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #276
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontybfc View Post
Hi, I've booked to stay in October in a 2 bedroom standard view villa and am just wondering if there are some that have a better view than others?
DVC reservation or DRC reservation? It makes a difference.

You know you have a lockoff two bedroom, right? There are no dedicated two bedroom villas at BWV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlhawkeye
DVC Standard view is along the front drive and parking lot.

DRC standard view is what DVC calls pool/garden because all the DVC standard view villas are booked at 11 months out.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #277
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

We are officially booked for one night January 18, 2014 at BWV. I am know hoping our waitlist comes through for the rest of our week January 19-25, 2014. Otherwise we will remain at BLT for those days.

Does anyone have any experience with MLK weekend and crowds? I am trying to plan our days this trip and wasn't sure if we should opt for a pool day on Saturday, January 19th or opt to go to HS.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #278
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not sure about the boats but I assume around 7am. The back entrance getting into Epcot is the best way & quickness. You can get in & walk to Future World but you walk through England & Canada. The World Show case will open at 11AM and there will be a rope across the bridge going into France. But you can get into Epcot this way
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #279
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
Not sure about the boats but I assume around 7am. The back entrance getting into Epcot is the best way & quickness. You can get in & walk to Future World but you walk through England & Canada. The World Show case will open at 11AM and there will be a rope across the bridge going into France. But you can get into Epcot this way
Just wanted to throw in that, with the new and improved France bakery opening earlier now, you can go over the bridge in the morning to get to that CS restaurant. It opens at 9:00 (at least that was the case in March).

Sandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #280
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
That's not the way it is done. You'll just get the call center with that number.

With your DVC reservation, contact MS and ask them to put "traveling with" on your reservation and your mom's reservation number and name on the reservation. Do the same on her's with your name and reservation. They'll do the best they can.

You might be on one side of the hallway and she would probably be on the other side. Her "standard" view is what DVC calls pool/garden.
Thanks for the info.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #281
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall08CP View Post
This is called a "boardwalk greens" view. There are a limited # that are considered standard view, so don't get your hopes up, but they are just lovely.
-former BW front desk CM
Thank you for posting this information. I'm going to add it to the first page

Quote:

Welcome and feel free to post any questions you'd like. The Friendship boats operate one hour prior to park opening, including AM EMH days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
We are officially booked for one night January 18, 2014 at BWV. I am know hoping our waitlist comes through for the rest of our week January 19-25, 2014. Otherwise we will remain at BLT for those days.
I hope your wait-list comes through, too. Keep us posted.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #282
JustLikeBelle
Earning My Ears

Room Request - preferred view

Hi there! My husband and I will be staying at BWV in September and I'm hoping for some direction on the best room request.

We've rented DVC points and have a "Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View" room. We have stayed at BWV once before while celebrating our anniversary, but we made reservations directly through Disney's website. I'm not sure if certain rooms are for DVC points only and some for DRC (is that the right abbreviation?).

Anyway, when we stayed before we were in room 5034 and it was PERFECT. If I knew how to post videos I'd show you my reaction when we went on the balcony - I flipped out. I was expecting a parking lot view, but somehow we had this amazing view of the Luna Park pool and Hollywood Studios. It was our first time in a deluxe resort and I was hooked from that moment on!

So, this time around I am hoping to get a view just as awesome! The online check-in site only gives me a few options (ground floor, upper floor, near lobby or elevator, pool view). Should I call and make a specific request to be in that same area or just mark "pool view, upper floor" when doing online check in? Or, alternatively, do you know of a better view that I'm totally oblivious to?

Thanks in advance for the help!
2010: Port Orleans French Quarter
4/2012: Pop Century & 11/2012: Boardwalk Villas/Beach Club
5/2013 Caribbean Beach & Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!
Coming Up: September 2013 Boardwalk Villas!!

Find me on twitter: MaelstromFan
JustLikeBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #283
magicLAL12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeBelle View Post
The online check-in site only gives me a few options (ground floor, upper floor, near lobby or elevator, pool view). Should I call and make a specific request to be in that same area or just mark "pool view, upper floor" when doing online check in? Or, alternatively, do you know of a better view that I'm totally oblivious to?

Thanks in advance for the help!
We've rented DVC points for BWV in the past, and are doing so again for our trip in January. However, I've never been given the option for 'room request' on the online check-in website! Where did you get to these options? We've always just played luck-of-the-draw when it comes to view, but it would be nice to have a bit of control! Maybe I always get glitches....

Just a Running Couple that Refuses to Grow Up.
June 2012: College Graduation Celebration; Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village.
January 2013: My First Marathon; 20th Anniversary WDW Marathon; Boardwalk Villas
Next up: January 2014: Hooked..We're Running again; Boardwalk Villas, split-stay

magicLAL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #284
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

JustLikeBelle...The person you rented points from should be able to add a request to your reservation.

If you like quiet and peaceful, we had a beautiful top floor villa that overlooked the quiet pool, waterway, and faced HS. We could see Tower of Terror and even EE in the distance. It was lovely and did I mention quiet.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #285
JustLikeBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicLAL12 View Post
We've rented DVC points for BWV in the past, and are doing so again for our trip in January. However, I've never been given the option for 'room request' on the online check-in website! Where did you get to these options? We've always just played luck-of-the-draw when it comes to view, but it would be nice to have a bit of control! Maybe I always get glitches....

Hi! We rented points through a 3rd party company. I'm not really sure if that makes any difference when doing online check-in, but I thought I'd throw that out there. It's glitching for me right now so I can't tell you exactly what it says, but I think it's on the 3rd page of the check-in process. There is a line that says something like "you haven't made any room requests" or something along those lines, but it's a hyperlink and when I click on it it opens up a new page with the different options. It allows me to choose 2 of those options. The disney website drives me crazy - so many glitches all the time!!
2010: Port Orleans French Quarter
4/2012: Pop Century & 11/2012: Boardwalk Villas/Beach Club
5/2013 Caribbean Beach & Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!
Coming Up: September 2013 Boardwalk Villas!!

Find me on twitter: MaelstromFan
JustLikeBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: