Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #256
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

IPO already replied back that its taken care of. Yay!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #257
Janed
Mouseketeer

What to put in as room requests?

Hi all,

We are planning our first trip to BWV for October, 2014. Renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. One member of our party has arthritis so we would like to be as close to transportation and the paths to Epcot/Studios as possible. Is there such a place??? What should we ask for? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.
Janed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #258
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
Hi all,

We are planning our first trip to BWV for October, 2014. Renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. One member of our party has arthritis so we would like to be as close to transportation and the paths to Epcot/Studios as possible. Is there such a place??? What should we ask for? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.
You might want to rent a scooter for your guest with arthritis. That would make it a lot easier to get around. Plus scooters can go on the Friendship boats to Epcot and DHS.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #259
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Drawing a complete blank! We were just at BWI SV in May at received a view of Epcot. When requesting an Epcot view room, is it a "garden view" or a "courtyard view" room? I requested one for May, but now can't remember which it is!!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #260
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

We are so excited for our first stay at BWV! We'll be there in 32 days We have friends staying the same week at BWI. We both have standard rooms. I have a few questions... How far apart could we be in reality? Also, I have a package for their sons first trip. I'd like it to be a surprise at check in. We arrive 2 days prior to them. Would it be best to take it to the desk on their arrival day? Finally, are there different check in areas for the villas and inn or are they the same? Thanks
Old 07-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #261
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Drawing a complete blank! We were just at BWI SV in May at received a view of Epcot. When requesting an Epcot view room, is it a "garden view" or a "courtyard view" room? I requested one for May, but now can't remember which it is!!
Garden View is fine, but Epcot View would be best if you're only requesting one thing. Otherwise, "Epcot/Garden View, please" is perfect. You also might want to add "high floor" or "5th floor" for a non-CL room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
We are so excited for our first stay at BWV! We'll be there in 32 days We have friends staying the same week at BWI. We both have standard rooms. I have a few questions... How far apart could we be in reality? Also, I have a package for their sons first trip. I'd like it to be a surprise at check in. We arrive 2 days prior to them. Would it be best to take it to the desk on their arrival day? Finally, are there different check in areas for the villas and inn or are they the same? Thanks
Welcome! Your trip is coming up soon

What villa size did you book? Did your friends book a BWI STD View or a Club Level STD room? I have a link to BWV locations in the BWV section on the first page. In theory, you and your friend could be far away from each other. When you check-in, the CM should be able to see where your friends are assigned and tell you how far away you are. You could also link your reservations by calling the WDTC with both reservation numbers and asking to be close to each other.

Best to ask when you check-in how to get your package into the friends' room prior to their arrival.

The BWI and BWV check-in area is the same.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #262
Deb & Bill

Quote:
If your friend is in the Inn and you are in the Villas, you are on opposite sides of the complex. Did you book standard through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center for cash? Standard through DVC is along the front drive, facing out towards the parking lot. Standard through DRC is what DVC calls Preferred, non-BW View. So basically pool/garden view.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #263
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
I think your plan for leaving the package on your friends' arrival day is best. The CM should make a note on their reservation that there is a package waiting for them and the CM checking them in should go get it. Don't be terribly surprised, however, if this falls through. I've tried this on a few trips with friends and family and the success rate is about 50%.

There is only one check in area for both the villas and the inn. It is located in the lobby area between the two sections of the resort.

Hope you and your friends have a great stay.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #264
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

So excited to say this....

We're coming back to The Boardwalk!

We'll be there to experience the holidays at WDW for the first time, from Dec. 4-8.

This will be our third BWI stay, and our first non CL stay, which is making me a bit nervous, if I'm being honest. We've got a standard view booked, but if a decent discount (public or AP) comes out, there's a slight possibility of ugrading to a water view or CL. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to have to think a lot about what kind of room request to make. Are there some standard view rooms that overlook the back courtyard, and look sideways at the lagoon? I feel like I've read that somewhere. If we wanted that view, along with a balcony, what would the request look like?

TIA!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #265
stormer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If your friend is in the Inn and you are in the Villas, you are on opposite sides of the complex. Did you book standard through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center for cash? Standard through DVC is along the front drive, facing out towards the parking lot. Standard through DRC is what DVC calls Preferred, non-BW View. So basically pool/garden view.
I have a similar question. We have a 1 bedroom standard view booked thru DVC using our points. My mother has a studio standard view booked for cash thru the regular Disney reservation phone number. When I made my mother's reservation the CM I spoke to gave me the hotel phone number and told me to call directly two weeks before our trip to ask to be near each other. Is there any chance we will get rooms close by? Based on what is above it sounds like we will have to be far apart.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #266
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
So excited to say this....

We're coming back to The Boardwalk!

We'll be there to experience the holidays at WDW for the first time, from Dec. 4-8.

This will be our third BWI stay, and our first non CL stay, which is making me a bit nervous, if I'm being honest. We've got a standard view booked, but if a decent discount (public or AP) comes out, there's a slight possibility of ugrading to a water view or CL. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to have to think a lot about what kind of room request to make. Are there some standard view rooms that overlook the back courtyard, and look sideways at the lagoon? I feel like I've read that somewhere. If we wanted that view, along with a balcony, what would the request look like?

TIA!
Congratulations! I think there are only a couple of rooms at BWI that don't have a balcony, so I wouldn't bother requesting that. I don't know what the best wording for your courtyard/lake view would be. I didn't know there were rooms that overlook both. I know of a canal view, is that what you might be thinking of?

There are photos of BWI at Christmastime on the first page to get you in the mood. I'll add you to the BW Bulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
I have a similar question. We have a 1 bedroom standard view booked thru DVC using our points. My mother has a studio standard view booked for cash thru the regular Disney reservation phone number. When I made my mother's reservation the CM I spoke to gave me the hotel phone number and told me to call directly two weeks before our trip to ask to be near each other. Is there any chance we will get rooms close by? Based on what is above it sounds like we will have to be far apart.
Welcome! I'm going to leave your DVC/BWV question to our experts
Old 07-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #267
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations! I think there are only a couple of rooms at BWI that don't have a balcony, so I wouldn't bother requesting that. I don't know what the best wording for your courtyard/lake view would be. I didn't know there were rooms that overlook both. I know of a canal view, is that what you might be thinking of?

There are photos of BWI at Christmastime on the first page to get you in the mood. I'll add you to the BW Bulletin.
Thank you! This is the area I had in mind. Those rooms closest to the lake are water view rooms, but the ones a little further back are considered standard view (I believe), because they're not directly facing the lake.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #268
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thank you! This is the area I had in mind. Those rooms closest to the lake are water view rooms, but the ones a little further back are considered standard view (I believe), because they're not directly facing the lake.

I didn't know there were STD View rooms (you're not thinking of a STD CL room?) on that side of BWI. I'll have to defer to someone else on that.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #269
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
That's not the way it is done. You'll just get the call center with that number.

With your DVC reservation, contact MS and ask them to put "traveling with" on your reservation and your mom's reservation number and name on the reservation. Do the same on her's with your name and reservation. They'll do the best they can.

You might be on one side of the hallway and she would probably be on the other side. Her "standard" view is what DVC calls pool/garden.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #270
fall08CP
Cheesehead

Quote:

This is called a "boardwalk greens" view. There are a limited # that are considered standard view, so don't get your hopes up, but they are just lovely.
-former BW front desk CM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: