Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #241
sfbank
DIS Veteran
 
sfbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New London, Iowa
Posts: 964

Psac. We have had good weather. Short rains for the most part except today longer periods. It is gorgeous right now sitting on our balcony watching the Boardwalk. Entertainers r inside tonight because it is still wet out there
__________________
sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #242
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Psac. We have had good weather. Short rains for the most part except today longer periods. It is gorgeous right now sitting on our balcony watching the Boardwalk. Entertainers r inside tonight because it is still wet out there
Awesome!! Hope it continues.

I always feel bad for the entertainers when they're inside, though, usually much smaller crowds.

Enjoy!
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming DCL Fantasy/BLT Oct'14, BWV Dec'14
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #243
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,204

We received our Magical Express mail with the vouchers and luggage tags. Only 33 days until we go to BWI. (I really don't want to wish summer away, but I am sooooo looking forward to WDW and a break from the real world.)
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #244
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,581

Miss Kooktastical I've been booked at BWI CL for 2 whole days and haven't stopped by. Perhaps I thought you might need a new eraser The Pas crew will be (well is booked) at the Innkeeper's Club from July 20-25th
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #245
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
I tried searching and looking at threads but was curious if anyone knew..

We are planning a split stay between CSR and BWI next March/April and plan to be at BWI 5 nights and will be booking a standard CL room. Any idea how many of these rooms actually face the boardwalk..just debating on splurging for the Deluxe to guarantee it if they are very slim. Thanks for any info
Welcome and congratulations on booking. I don't know the actual number of BWV CL rooms other than the ten Deluxe rooms. Maybe someone else will know

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
I am back just 2 weeks from our last trip and I am being drawn to think about the next one. We stayed the last 2 trips at Beach Club CL. We spent a bit more time over at the Boardwalk this trip. The kids were saying that they wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn the next trip. I have a few questions:

1. What floor is CL and is it the top floor of the building?
2. On the resort map it seems like the main floor is a bit far from the hotel portion or does it just look that way on the map?
3. For those who have stayed both at the Boardwalk and Beach Club, how to do the compare or why do you prefer one over the other?
Welcome!

The Innkeeper's Club and all STD CL rooms are located on the 4th floor. Unlike most CLs, it isn't on the top floor, the 5th is the highest BWI floor.

It's about a 5 minute trek to the lobby/exit area from CL.

I've not stayed at BC so I can't answer your question, but I know others can



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We received our Magical Express mail with the vouchers and luggage tags. Only 33 days until we go to BWI. (I really don't want to wish summer away, but I am sooooo looking forward to WDW and a break from the real world.)
WOOHOO! I know just what you mean about feeling like you're far from reality when you're vacationing at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Miss Kooktastical I've been booked at BWI CL for 2 whole days and haven't stopped by. Perhaps I thought you might need a new eraser The Pas crew will be (well is booked) at the Innkeeper's Club from July 20-25th
There you are, Miss Pastastical Changerama! I'd be honored to re-introduce you to the BW Bulletin and nope, I always have a little ink left in my magical erasing quill for you. What view did you request? Is everyone excited and ready to do the BW Boogie?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #246
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 2,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Miss Kooktastical I've been booked at BWI CL for 2 whole days and haven't stopped by. Perhaps I thought you might need a new eraser The Pas crew will be (well is booked) at the Innkeeper's Club from July 20-25th
I'm anticipating a change...(am I totally off on this one???)

Just curious, Jeanette...how did you talk your DH into more of Disney and less of Universal??? Gotta love this man!
__________________
Poly CL 2010 TripReport DH & Me DS 12 DD 8 DS 6 FW & CR - 2011 TripReport
AKL/Dream 2012 Trip Report

CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 2- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #247
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I'm anticipating a change...(am I totally off on this one???)
Oh ye, of little faith - and a little Faith
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #248
Scott MC
DIS Veteran
 
Scott MC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back, Back, Over the Falls!
Posts: 1,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Psac. We have had good weather. Short rains for the most part except today longer periods. It is gorgeous right now sitting on our balcony watching the Boardwalk. Entertainers r inside tonight because it is still wet out there
I had a lovely time last August watching the magician in the Belle Vue Lounge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
I am back just 2 weeks from our last trip and I am being drawn to think about the next one. We stayed the last 2 trips at Beach Club CL. We spent a bit more time over at the Boardwalk this trip. The kids were saying that they wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn the next trip. I have a few questions:

1. What floor is CL and is it the top floor of the building?
2. On the resort map it seems like the main floor is a bit far from the hotel portion or does it just look that way on the map?
3. For those who have stayed both at the Boardwalk and Beach Club, how to do the compare or why do you prefer one over the other?
I've stayed at both and here are my thoughts.

1. WDWKOOK already answered this. Yes, at BC it's a dedicated top (5th) floor.
2. I hear a lot of complaints about long walks at BWI, but I've never experienced this.


3. I have stayed CL at both BC and BWI. It truly depends on the day. If you ask me on Monday what my favorite WDW resort is, I'll say "BWI," if you ask me Tuesday, I'll say "BC," but by Wednesday, I'll be back to BWI. As far as CL goes, it's really the same. Both have their plusses and minuses.

At BWI, the lounge is huge, and roomy and has never felt crowded. The CMs are outstanding. Scott, Anita, Jackie and JJ have been especially kind to us and fun to be around. Food offerings have always been great, and I love looking off the balcony at the quiet pool, and the Eiffel Tower. The cons are that to my knowledge are that there are some rooms that are not in the dedicated CL area, and for me, the pricing structure. Allow me to explain. At BC, there are 3 categories are standard view, garden view, and water/lagoon view. So, before you get there, you know what's going to be outside your window. At BWI, standard CL rooms come with a view of either the quiet pool/back gardens, or of the BoardWalk itself. Call me competitive, but it would boil my blood if I was looking out back (which is normally a lovely view), when someone who paid the same as me across the hall has a BoardWalk view. Luckily, on my first CL stay, we got a BW view, and on my 2nd stay we paid for a deluxe CL room, which guaranteed a BW view. Sorry, is that crazy? Views mean a lot to me, and knowing for the same price there are lovely views and outstanding views, I hate the stress of wondering which view we'd get.

At BC CL, you do have all the rooms in one place, on one floor. The CMs are top-notch. On our August '12 trip, Chip was by far our favorite CM. The lounge area is beautiful, and the lounge itself is beautiful, but my biggest complaint is that it's waaaaaaaaaay too small. It felt packed all the time, and getting to the food felt like a bottleneck. The lounge balcony overlooks the front porte 'de cochere, and is a very narrow balcony. I still love it there, but getting to and enjoying the lounge at BWI is easier.

Hope that helps...I can answer more specific questions if you'd like.
__________________

Last edited by Scott MC; 07-03-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Scott MC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #249
sfbank
DIS Veteran
 
sfbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New London, Iowa
Posts: 964

Scott-yes we have seen them in lobby and Brian used to come to lounge too when raining.
July 3rd. I expected the worst for crowds at mk. Wow! We walked on to pooh fist as Peter Pan was down. Back to Peter Pan. Rode 2 times no wait. On to haunted mansion 2 times no wait. Splash walk through no wait. Big thunder walk through rode twice no wait. Walked on to pirates jungle cruise then DH and I did people mover and carousel while dd and friend rode space mountain twice. Quick lunch. Philharmagic monorail back to Epcot walk back to Boardwalkand I am in room at 1:15. It was amazing today
__________________
sfbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #250
nascargirl
DIS Veteran
 
nascargirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 518

Enjoy Flying Fish tonight
__________________
nascargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #251
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer
 
PittPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 202

Thanks for answering my questions! BWI is definitely going to be in the running for our next trip- I wish it were going to be sooner than later!

I was just talking to someone at work today that can't stand Disney- I can't image. I guess I drank a large amount of Disney Kool-Aid and I am now hooked and addicted!
__________________
DS13DD9DS7


2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL


SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
PittPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #252
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,365

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY...







WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #253
jackemail
DIS Veteran
 
jackemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Scott-yes we have seen them in lobby and Brian used to come to lounge too when raining.
July 3rd. I expected the worst for crowds at mk. Wow! We walked on to pooh fist as Peter Pan was down. Back to Peter Pan. Rode 2 times no wait. On to haunted mansion 2 times no wait. Splash walk through no wait. Big thunder walk through rode twice no wait. Walked on to pirates jungle cruise then DH and I did people mover and carousel while dd and friend rode space mountain twice. Quick lunch. Philharmagic monorail back to Epcot walk back to Boardwalkand I am in room at 1:15. It was amazing today
Wow--shocked that you were able to do so much yesterday at MK!!! Sounds great!
__________________
Alzheimer's.....the "long good-bye"
jackemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #254
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,075

Just had to chuckle at my conversation with CRO. I called to add our 1st night and BWI Deluxe CL was available so I took it (still might change to something else for 1-2 nights to save some $$$)...but the CM was clueless!

Me: I'd like to add a room request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: I can't do that ma'am, these rooms are only on the 3rd & 4th floor.
Me: I know, they are above Seashore Sweets & Boardwalk Bakery, I'd like to request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: Are you asking to request a BW view, because I can't guarantee a BW view with this room type.
Me: Um, yes all BWI Deluxe CL rooms ARE BW view. It's non-deluxe CL that has no view guarantee.
CRO: No, with this type of room you aren't guaranteed a view, and I can't ask for something above Seashore Sweets because there may be no rooms in that area of the resort.
Me: (grumbling in my head) Please just add NO requests (because I will call back & get someone who knows what they're talking about!)

I emailed IPO to see if they can add it.

I hope everyone is beating the heat, it sure is hot & steamy here in PA today! Getting me prepared for August in WDW1!
__________________




Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #255
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Just had to chuckle at my conversation with CRO. I called to add our 1st night and BWI Deluxe CL was available so I took it (still might change to something else for 1-2 nights to save some $$$)...but the CM was clueless!

Me: I'd like to add a room request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: I can't do that ma'am, these rooms are only on the 3rd & 4th floor.
Me: I know, they are above Seashore Sweets & Boardwalk Bakery, I'd like to request to be above Seashore Sweets.
CRO: Are you asking to request a BW view, because I can't guarantee a BW view with this room type.
Me: Um, yes all BWI Deluxe CL rooms ARE BW view. It's non-deluxe CL that has no view guarantee.
CRO: No, with this type of room you aren't guaranteed a view, and I can't ask for something above Seashore Sweets because there may be no rooms in that area of the resort.
Me: (grumbling in my head) Please just add NO requests (because I will call back & get someone who knows what they're talking about!)

I emailed IPO to see if they can add it.

I hope everyone is beating the heat, it sure is hot & steamy here in PA today! Getting me prepared for August in WDW1!
UGH!!! I can just picture your conversation and frustration level. The IPO should always be your first line of defense, so I'm sure they'll be happy to add your request.

I love how she was unable to guarantee something that's already guaranteed and you didn't even request! Some seem to know so little about each resort, and while I don't expect them to be as obsessed as we are, they could at least just put down any request you want, especially if you're explaining its legitimacy. They need a little cheat sheet they can follow along when in doubt, like a Disney Resort flow chart. You know we could all write one!

Let us know what the IPO replies. Hope it's something like, "I've added your requests to your reservation."
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: