Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:49 AM   #2521
LuzzBightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
Probably a good idea. Honestly, most of the time it isn't too bad. But we've had some long waits and crowded busses. When they finally come, the crowd has built and you generally have the last people there charge up to the front of the bus.
I heard BW gets picked up after BC/YC, Dolphin and Swan...would be be better to walk over to one of those resorts to catch the bus to ensure a seat?
Old 05-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #2522
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

We just got back yesterday from 10 days at BWV. Only shared with Swan Dolphin and BW was first pickup. Yacht & Beach had their own separate bus. I'm sure it depends on how busy it is. I wouldn't walk to the other resorts. Long walk and you wouldn't know the sharing situation ahead of time.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #2523
Mome Rath
Mouseketeer

We were there last weekend, only caught the bus to the MK, and we were the first on. We did wait around 10 min or so to get there, and then around 20 to get "home." It say the waits were average; not bad and not spectacular for buses.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #2524
myrheille
Earning My Ears

This has probably been answered in this 169-page long thread and I'll try to back-read, but in the meantime...

We're planning a trip this fall for ~10 days. We'll be three adults (husband and I, and my best friend) and one toddler (2 yo). We're thinking of getting a BWV studio. How cramped would the room be with a pack n play? Our other option is going to Pop, but we'd really like the Epcot location (food & wine!). Of course I know Pop would also be cramped, but it'd also be much much cheaper! We wouldn't want to do a moderate because location is our main reason for going deluxe. Thoughts?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #2525
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuzzBightyear View Post
I heard BW gets picked up after BC/YC, Dolphin and Swan...would be be better to walk over to one of those resorts to catch the bus to ensure a seat?
I did not ever have to do that and wouldn't recommend it. Those resorts can be just as busy. Now we only shared with the Swalphin in October and BW was first so not an issue there. Coming back from the parks - I would go to the BC/YC bus if it was there or walk over to it if it came first and didn't want to wait for the BW bus. When we were headed to MNSSHP we did have to wait for 2 buses at BW but the second bus came very quickly after the first. I wouldn't worry!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #2526
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrheille View Post
This has probably been answered in this 169-page long thread and I'll try to back-read, but in the meantime...

We're planning a trip this fall for ~10 days. We'll be three adults (husband and I, and my best friend) and one toddler (2 yo). We're thinking of getting a BWV studio. How cramped would the room be with a pack n play? Our other option is going to Pop, but we'd really like the Epcot location (food & wine!). Of course I know Pop would also be cramped, but it'd also be much much cheaper! We wouldn't want to do a moderate because location is our main reason for going deluxe. Thoughts?
Are you planning on using the little kitchenette? IF not - I think you might be fine in a BWI room. As far as space, the villa would have more space for the pack n play than the pop room. Even a BWI room would have more space than Pop. You can't beat BWI for location for a F&W trip for adults!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 05-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #2527
CaptainEO71
Mouseketeer

Quote:

As long as 2 adults share the queen & the 3rd adult sleeps on the sofa NOT pulled out into the sofa bed, you will be fine. If you pull the sofa bed out and try to get a pack & play in there its going to bed very tight. You could also try & put the pack & play up against the door to the hallway, if it fits.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #2528
chskover
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our first stay at the Boardwalk Villas and I have to say it was so nice. We were in a corner room so maybe that is why it felt bigger. I liked the long hallways because there were plenty of stairwells. I hope to stay there again soon. Walking to Epcot and Hollywood studios was better than taking a bus.

2014 BWV
2013 AllStar Sports, 2012 POR Riverside;2012 POP/CBR; 2011 AKL/BLT; 2010 AKL/OKW; 2009 SSR; 2009 POP; 2008 SSR; 2007 FW Cabins; 2001 Allstar Music; 1999 CBR; 1996 Offsite
1979 Yogi Bear Campground
Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #2529
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chskover View Post
We just got back from our first stay at the Boardwalk Villas and I have to say it was so nice. We were in a corner room so maybe that is why it felt bigger. I liked the long hallways because there were plenty of stairwells. I hope to stay there again soon. Walking to Epcot and Hollywood studios was better than taking a bus.
I'm glad you had a great trip! I love being able to walk to the parks too. It's one of the reasons why we can't give up staying in that area.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 05-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #2530
myrheille
Earning My Ears

Well, we booked! We'll be there Sept 23 to Oct 3rd! I hope I won't find it too soon after our last trip in January... but I wanted to bring my kid once more before she turned into a paying three year-old Last time at BLT we loved walking to Magic Kingdom every night after the nap, but the food options were lackluster... I don't think this'll be the case this time! Food & Wine festival, baby!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #2531
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Checking out tomorrow 5/12/14. Have leftover Smirnoff Ice Mango, Raspbrry, Green Apple, Original.

Also 10 or more bottles of water. I can leave it at Bell Services if anyone is interested. Lemme know.
That was very nice of you. Just curious if anyone took you up on your kind offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisGuy View Post
Just booked BWV standard view for August 10th through 15th. First time staying at the villas, usually stay at the Inn. Can't wait!
Yippee! I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chskover View Post
Sounds like it may not be your last stay

Quote:
Well, we booked! We'll be there Sept 23 to Oct 3rd! I hope I won't find it too soon after our last trip in January... but I wanted to bring my kid once more before she turned into a paying three year-old Last time at BLT we loved walking to Magic Kingdom every night after the nap, but the food options were lackluster... I don't think this'll be the case this time! Food & Wine festival, baby!
Congratulations on booking and I'll log your dates.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #2532
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Congratulations on graduation, the new position, and the Disney vacation.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post
Congrats on being so close to graduation and disney. Hope u enjoy DC. I've lived here my entire life and I love, love, love it
Thank you, too! I'm very excited to explore our capitol
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
How exciting - congrats! This is sure to be a time in your life you'll never forget. Enjoy every minute (and book a Bounceback).
And thank you, as well! Booking a bounceback offer would be awesome!

And thanks to everyone for all the helpful information about this resort! I'll finally get to contribute responses after this trip.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #2533
court139
Earning My Ears

Staying at BWI for first time June 13-15! So excited! (My attempt at making birthday less painful!)
Old 05-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #2534
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by court139 View Post
Staying at BWI for first time June 13-15! So excited! (My attempt at making birthday less painful!)
I see now where this birthday trip is heading...a tri-split stay perhaps or is it just two? I'll add this date, too.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #2535
PrincessCathy
Earning My Ears

Hi! My husband and I are booked at the BWI, Std view in November. When I booked, I figured most "Std" views would be the parking lot, so my only request was for a King bed, and not an accessible room.
But now, after reading some of the post on here, I went to the Disney site and found that the Std rooms may be Garden, Leisure Pool or Parking Area views. I also read on here, some have suggested requesting the 5th floor, and "Epcot View".
Would I be better off removing the King bed request and adding the 5th floor, Epcot?
If so, should I call back and change it? Or is that something to do at the online check-in?
Thanks for your help.

1978 Offsite, 1983? Disneyland, Sept 2006 CBR, Sept 2009 BWI, Nov 2011 CBR, Nov 2014 BWI
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: