Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #2131
southernfriedmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hello & welcome to the DIS! You are right, there are only a handful Deluxe CL rooms, half on the 3rd floor with big balconies, half on the 4th floor with the lounge. We stayed in one last August & have it booked again for this August. Space is important for us, so I requested to have a 3rd floor so we have a bigger balcony. We had a room above Seashore Sweets, and there is a staircase right there (literally right outside the room) to walk up to the 4th floor lounge. I will try & request this exact room again. We didn't mind having to use the stairs to go up to the lounge since we used the balcony every night for hours. It just depends if its more convenient for your kids to be on the same floor as the lounge, versus having the balcony space. The elevator is not near the Deluxe CL rooms nor the lounge, so keep that in mind. With 4 young ones I'd think I'd want to be on the same floor as the lounge. The balconies for the 4th floor rooms however are very small, only 2 people (maybe 3 if they're kids) will fit out there. So it's a toss up!
Thanks so much for this info- it was so helpful! It has got to be a positive sign you are coming back to the same resort & room. My youngest two children just turned 4 so I am leaning towards requesting 3rd floor for the extra room outside. How much larger would you describe the 3rd floor balcony compared to the 4th? Being right near the stairs sounds nice- do you happen to remember the exact room number? I am not familiar with the set up of BWI- will those same stairs you mentioned take you all the way down to the BW or do you have to get to the elevators and/or the main area to get down to the BW? Having said all this, I am just thrilled we are getting to stay in a Deluxe club level room and will be happy in any room it's just fun to plan. Sorry to throw so many questions at you but the next best thing to being on a WDW vacation is thinking about your next trip! : )
southernfriedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #2132
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
You're welcome!!! Now let's see that ticker.
I just have to say that I in no way even looked at your ticker as I was on my iPad so then I set to work on my signature when I got on the computer. So, I set it up and then I jumped on the DisBoards from the computer and oh my goodness!! Mine is exactly like yours!! :good vibes

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #2133
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I just have to say that I in no way even looked at your ticker as I was on my iPad so then I set to work on my signature when I got on the computer. So, I set it up and then I jumped on the DisBoards from the computer and oh my goodness!! Mine is exactly like yours!! :good vibes

Lol. That's too funny! Can't go wrong with the Boardwalk & Tinkerbell!

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:04 PM   #2134
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphotography
Is there a boat to get to the Y&B Club from BWI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay

Yes, but it is a pretty short walk. The only time I've taken the boat is when I was caught in a torrential downpour.
Just to elaborate, the boat to the Y&B Club is the same boat that his to EPCOT. The boats run a loop from DHS to the Swan and Dolphin to the Y&B Club to the Boardwalk to EPCOT. It reverses when going from EPCOT to DHS. It really is a short walk around the lake to the Y&B Club.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #2135
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Just to elaborate, the boat to the Y&B Club is the same boat that his to EPCOT. The boats run a loop from DHS to the Swan and Dolphin to the Y&B Club to the Boardwalk to EPCOT. It reverses when going from EPCOT to DHS. It really is a short walk around the lake to the Y&B Club.
And just to elaborate a little more, the boat that goes to YC/BC is the boat that goes to DHS. If you get on the boat for Epcot, you'll go directly to Epcot, it will not stop at YC/BC. I just didn't want the poster of the original question being confused by your first sentence. Your second sentence (and the third and fourth, for that matter) are spot on!

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #2136
mcphotography
Dis Vet

Thanks All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
And just to elaborate a little more, the boat that goes to YC/BC is the boat that goes to DHS. If you get on the boat for Epcot, you'll go directly to Epcot, it will not stop at YC/BC. I just didn't want the poster of the original question being confused by your first sentence. Your second sentence (and the third and fourth, for that matter) are spot on!
Thank you all for the answers!

MC
Pirate:

[/url]Me DW DD21 DD13Contemporary 1982,
POFQ 2009,11, 13, Boardwalk CL 2014,
POFQ 2015
mcphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #2137
smidgy
dimples

better yet! you don't have to memorize any of the stops. before you walk onto the dock, look up. you can enter right or left, and it says above the entrance the stops that boat will make, and the order it makes them in.

ps, if you are staying in the villas, when returning from DHS, it is usually a shorter walk to exit at the swan/dolphin, then to exit at the BW dock.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #2138
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
How was it this morning? No need for spitballs, I hope!
Nah...no spitballs (my Mother, God rest her soul, would have been appalled)!

BUT---I did share the early morning noise issue (2 out of 3 mornings that I was trying to sleep) with the CM on duty. I also had a few other minor issues at the BWI. 1). An obviously new CM's gave me the phone number to lost and found to try to locate a sweater I left @ EPCOT. Unfortunately, she gave me lost and found--DisneyLAND. The DL CM gave me the correct number. And 2). Turndown service was missed 2 out of 4 nights. I reported that after the 1st "miss" and they were certainly apologetic but it happened again.

I certainly don't want to come across as an entitled witch BUT when you're paying the rate for CL, you expect the advertised perks.

I did book a bounce back for December 11-17 but am thinking long and hard if I want to stay at the BWI again. If I do, it won't be in room 4202
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #2139
Jen7079
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post

BUT---I did share the early morning noise issue (2 out of 3 mornings that I was trying to sleep) with the CM on duty. I also had a few other minor issues at the BWI. 1). An obviously new CM's gave me the phone number to lost and found to try to locate a sweater I left @ EPCOT. Unfortunately, she gave me lost and found--DisneyLAND. The DL CM gave me the correct number. And 2). Turndown service was missed 2 out of 4 nights. I reported that after the 1st "miss" and they were certainly apologetic but it happened again.

I certainly don't want to come across as an entitled witch BUT when you're paying the rate for CL, you expect the advertised perks.

I did book a bounce back for December 11-17 but am thinking long and hard if I want to stay at the BWI again. If I do, it won't be in room 4202

We had the same turn down issues last October and we thought long and hard about booking here again. (there was more than that, one of the CL CM's was extremely rude to my mom and a mold problem) but obviously the Boardwalk won. I love the Boardwalk view and I can't get that anywhere else. and to be honest 1 bad experience can happen anywhere. (Also, I really didn't enjoy CL at the Beachclub, so the Boardwalk won out there also)

Jen7079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #2140
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post

I am so sorry to hear that you've had a number of issues during your stay at BWI. I can't say that everything has been perfect every time I've stayed there. But, the issues were minor ones that I was able to ignore. You aren't asking for too much when you expect to get the correct information from CMs when you ask a question or that you should have turndown service every night of your stay.

I don't think that you've made a mistake by booking a bounce back for December. You might want to speak with a manager before you leave and discuss with him/her the issues that you've had during this trip. Hopefully, you will feel that you made the right decision after talking it over.
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

HARASW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #2141
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Boy did I screw that up. Thanks for correcting. I meant to reword that sentence and somehow got distracted.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #2142
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
better yet! you don't have to memorize any of the stops. before you walk onto the dock, look up. you can enter right or left, and it says above the entrance the stops that boat will make, and the order it makes them in.

ps, if you are staying in the villas, when returning from DHS, it is usually a shorter walk to exit at the swan/dolphin, then to exit at the BW dock.
I don't know if it's a shorter walk, but you will get to your room sooner, since the boat still has to go to the Y&B Club before going to the Boardwalk. I suspect that's what you meant?

Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #2143
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Sorry to hijack but can't quite figure out something similar from the map! We are going in May and have a 2br std view villa. So I know we'll be either looking at the entrance or the parking lot. Is there an exit toward the walkway at the end of that hall that will save us some time if we walk to DHS or do we have to walk all the way back to the lobby and out?

Thanks!
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #2144
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Sorry to hijack but can't quite figure out something similar from the map! We are going in May and have a 2br std view villa. So I know we'll be either looking at the entrance or the parking lot. Is there an exit toward the walkway at the end of that hall that will save us some time if we walk to DHS or do we have to walk all the way back to the lobby and out? Thanks!
Yes... At the end of the standard view hallway, there's a back exit for a short walk to DHS! We love standard view for just that reason. I timed the walk in January... From our first floor room to where the buses unload at DHS, it was a 9-minute leisurely walk. We never take the boat. When going to AK or MK and you're taking the bus, there's also an exit door on the parking lot/main entrance side that takes you straight to the bus stop via a little walking path. The farther towards the end of the standard view hallway you get, the better the access is for DHS and buses in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
gray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #2145
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

So, have we confirmed that the rooms at BWI will be undergoing a refurb? Maybe other people feel differently, but I don't think the rooms actually need this! They seemed new, fresh, and I love the design! Does anyone else agree with me? Any hints on what the new decor might look like? I only ask because we are big fans of the Epcot resort loop, we love all three resorts. While I admit and agree that the BC and the YC definitely are due for a refurb , I really don't see the need for one at BWI, and after seeing the recent refurb at the Grand Floridian, I'm nervous!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: