Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #1681
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Each and every time, and yes, we brought jackets and sweatshirts and pants and long sleeved shirts to FLORIDA! Used the lockers at the front of DHS. Definitely had fun, but I sense a change in ride patterns due to FP+. We had to do single rider for RnR and it was a longer wait than usual. At one point we saw ToT had a posted wait time of 150 minutes! In January!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Was ToT closed at some point and got backed-up when it re-opened? 150 mins in January (or anytime) is crazy! I don't recall any wait like that just recently at Christmas, but I didn't check the board for ToT and we used FP+ for TSM. The stand-by wait was something around 90 -110 in the morning last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoofy1 View Post
We never have had issues with buses to MK. We have always had hassles with buses to DTD though. It's gotten so bad, we just drove the last time.
Pretty much all the Deluxes have reported terribly long trips to/from DtD. I think it's the worst bus ride from pretty much any Deluxe, so that's in part why we've stopped going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
heading down in a week and a half and I got a question concerning this. Does the BWI have any of the new tote boards that show when the next bus will be there? Does DTD? Where we will park at BWI, it wouldn't be too much out of the way to swing by and see when the next bus is due to arrive and make our plans from that. Bus depot a little out of the way at DTD though. Hey, put bus arrival on my smart phone Mickey! Quick!
Do you know which resorts have them now? I think having the bus arrival ETA on the MDX site is a fantastic idea. Will this ever be done?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #1682
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Was ToT closed at some point and got backed-up when it re-opened? 150 mins in January (or anytime) is crazy! I don't recall any wait like that just recently at Christmas, but I didn't check the board for ToT and we used FP+ for TSM. The stand-by wait was something around 90 -110 in the morning last month.

Do you know which resorts have them now? I think having the bus arrival ETA on the MDX site is a fantastic idea. Will this ever be done?
We've had ToT wait like that once. Once we got in, we realized one side was down.

As for the bus arrival stuff, they were out at GF in October. We didn't stay there, but went over there for something and I saw them. It was kinda cool. They also had CMs in bus line explaining bus arrival times to people. I thought it was just a GF thing.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #1683
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

We'll be at BWV after our Fantasy cruise...December 6-10. It's my DD 11's favorite resort so she is happy to be going back.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #1684
MisterGoofy1
Mouseketeer

All packed and ready to go. Limo picking us up in the morning an should be hearing "Welcome Home" in about 17 hours.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #1685
Robin Hood
Mouseketeer

We are booked for BWI in March/April, still trying to figure out exact dates as we may stay off site while going to SeaWorld and LEGOLAND.

Is it better to take the bus to MK instead of the Monorail from EP?

Also, is it better to get the boat to HS at the BWI or Dolphin/Swan dock?

Thanks!
Sept 2006 - CBR
Sept 2007 - CSR
Dec 2007 - Disneyland
May 2008 - Marriot Royal Palms
Sept 2008 - Caribe Royal
Feb 2009 - POR
Nov 2010 - Bonnet Creek
June 2012 - Offsite
Dec 2012 - Bonnet Creek

Me DW DD(11) DD(9) DS(4)
Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #1686
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
We are booked for BWI in March/April, still trying to figure out exact dates as we may stay off site while going to SeaWorld and LEGOLAND.

Is it better to take the bus to MK instead of the Monorail from EP?

Also, is it better to get the boat to HS at the BWI or Dolphin/Swan dock?

Thanks!
It's quite a hike thru EPCOT (and requires admissions an AP or Park Hopper) to get to the monorail. I'd say walking at a brisk clip, it'd take 30 minutes to get to and thru EPCOT. I'd take the bus.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #1687
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

We were at BWI January 5-11th. We fell in love with the resort, by the way...our stay there was simply magical! Anyway, just wanted to say that our experience with bus service from there to MK was excellent. Our longest wait for a bus to pull up was about 2 minutes. Have an awesome trip!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #1688
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Thank you for all the information I got from this thread! My fiancé and I are booked for the first part of our honeymoon (8/22-8/26) at the BWV in a boardwalk view room. We are renting points and saving a lot of money! Last trip we spent an evening on the boardwalk (dinner at FF and Jellyrolls) and we fell in love with the resort.

My questions are similar to the ones already asked, but I'm still not totally sure. Does 'boardwalk view' mean we will have one of those balconies you can see from the boardwalk itself? Or could we have a room where we need to step out on the balcony to see the boardwalk? I would LOVE a true boardwalk room but I'm not sure what we are getting!

Also, any insights on how to read Shamus' BWV locations by view posts? I'm assuming GV= grand villa but I'm unsure about 1D, 1L, SL, and SD.

Please pardon a newbie's silliness I appreciate any info you can give me!
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 01-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #1689
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31
Okay, I am hearing horror stories about the bus service to Magic Kingdom. Is it really *that* bad?
Normally, I would say not, but yesterday, when we needed to get to MK for a 6:10 ADR at BOG, we saw the AK busses and two DD buses before one came for MK.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #1690
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
To be fair, it was down in the morning, I don't know how long. And I did hear a CM comment to another that the wait was more like 90. Which is another thing I've noticed. Wait times seem to tend towards over estimation, but we've been finding some under estimates. I think what's happening is that more people are coming into the park faster than they can adjust estimate. And the tour groups can sure change a wait time in an instant.

Reading AirGoofy's comment reminded of an important point I forgot until now. Yes, one side was down.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #1691
MAO
BWV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
Thank you for all the information I got from this thread! My fiancé and I are booked for the first part of our honeymoon (8/22-8/26) at the BWV in a boardwalk view room. We are renting points and saving a lot of money! Last trip we spent an evening on the boardwalk (dinner at FF and Jellyrolls) and we fell in love with the resort.

My questions are similar to the ones already asked, but I'm still not totally sure. Does 'boardwalk view' mean we will have one of those balconies you can see from the boardwalk itself? Or could we have a room where we need to step out on the balcony to see the boardwalk? I would LOVE a true boardwalk room but I'm not sure what we are getting!

Also, any insights on how to read Shamus' BWV locations by view posts? I'm assuming GV= grand villa but I'm unsure about 1D, 1L, SL, and SD.

Please pardon a newbie's silliness I appreciate any info you can give me!
I'm under the impression that the rooms you have to step out to see the Boardwalk would be the "Preferred" category - they cost the same as Boardwalk rooms, in terms of points, but Disney definitely has three categories - Boardwalk, Preferred and Standard (parking lot) views. As far as the location post question, the D stands for "dedicated" and the L for "lockoff" - a two-bedroom is a one-bedroom with a connecting door to a studio, so a dedicated room is one that does *not* have that connecting door. A 'lockoff' is called that because it's possible to just get a studio or one-bedroom, but be put into a room that connects to the other -- so you keep your connecting door locked and, no worries! :-)
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #1692
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
Does 'boardwalk view' mean we will have one of those balconies you can see from the boardwalk itself? Or could we have a room where we need to step out on the balcony to see the boardwalk? I would LOVE a true boardwalk room but I'm not sure what we are getting!
BW view villas are all on the side that directly faces the BW (the few that are over the village green, where aportion of the BW can be seen from the balcony, are pool/garden view).

BW view rooms are exactly that - the view from the balcony is more panoramic, but you can usually see most of the lake, the BC/YC, fireworks from illuminations, and often spaceship earth from within the room. it is an amazing view to wake up (and go to sleep) to
Old 01-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #1693
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Okay, I've gone and taken the plunge. We changed our resort from POFQ to BWI and will be there April 30 to May 8 in a standard view room. Never stayed there before but did do BC last year and love the area.

Slightly peeved that the quote this time was higher than it was just a week ago though. Sounds like when I changed my dates and added a day they changed the BB code making it now the same discount as the current AP offer whereas they told me BB was better before. I may look into it further but its only $120.

Now to make some dining plans!

Old 01-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #1694
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

MAO and LSchrow thanks for the responses! Didn't think I could get any more excited but I think it happened lol.
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #1695
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
We are here and it's not supposed to be 40° in Florida! But, then, considering we left single digits, I shouldn't complain ;-)

Funny thing is, We have EXACTLY the same room we had when I came with our daughters last May, room # 2003. So much for asking for a room by the elevator. In the last three out of four stays, we've had 2003, 5003, 2003. I think I know what number to play next time ;-)

Seriously, as we stay here more and more, I find the walk down the hall doesn't really seem that bad. And it will make it easier for us to get to DHS this morning.

Did you ask for a different room at check-in, or did you just figure you'd keep it for the DHS path? We had 2001 once and it was super-noisy. If we got that again, we would definitely try to switch as hard as possible. Glad you're enjoying the stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

You and psac can count down the days until December together and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Hi! I need some help from BW experts! We stayed at the BWI a few times when it first opened. I liked the look & feel of the resort, but not a fan of the pool. Now we're almost always at YC, club level. However, I've been interested in trying the Innkeepers Club. There is a great AP rate on the Cottage Suites during our May dates. I'm thinking of changing our last 2 nights to stay there. The rooms look so lovely!

So it will be just my DH & I. We're mid- late 50's, do parks at rope drop then spend the afternoon napping or swimming & have a nice signature restaurant dinner.

Any input to help me make a decision?? I think my biggest concern is the lounge. I know we'll have to head outside & up to the Innkeepers Club for food service. Is there enough room there to sit & have our breakfast? (We never mind a trip back to out room with our food at YC, but just spent a 2 night stay @BC. Between the tiny lounge & the hike to our "end- of- the -world" room, we were not thrilled to have to carry our plates to room.) I can't imagine we'd be too happy to get all the way up to the lounge & have no where to sit & eat. And I sure don't want to carry a bagel & coffee all the way back to the cottage! Also our flight the last day is not til 8 PM, so we may want to relax in the lounge that afternoon before our pick up.

The days we'd be @ BW will be spent @ Epcot or the Studios, so no transportation issues involved in our decision. So, talk me into it!!
We haven't stayed at BWI club for a few years, but when we did, we had no problem with seating. In all the club places we've tried over the years, the ONLY place we had a problem with seating was at the BC. It's way too small in there.

We've never tried it, but I think those cottages are so cool. It's like having your own private rental home on Disney property.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: