Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #1651
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

KerryCM-What a deal for you and the family. Finally going back home.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #1652
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
Headed back to our favorite resort, BWI!!!! The past year we have made 4 trips, but were not able to get either a military rate or my cast discount at BWI. Well, my son really wants to take his oldest daughter, her mother would allow her to travel on our family trips, so guess what resort was the only one available with the new 60% off cast rate? So we will be there April 5-11 with my son and his family. Very excited to go.
Congratulations and I'll add your dates to the Bulletin
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #1653
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I was planning on getting everything figured out so that I can hopefully rent points 11 month out. That would be in November 2014 for my October 2015 trip. My in-laws are coming with us on this trip. I looked at renting a 2 bedroom, but it is more expensive than 2 studios. It would cost $1,050 more, or $525 more each. That is if we went through one of the brokers who charge $14/point. We don't plan on cooking so I think the studios would be the best bet. That's money that we could spend doing other things. Of course if might be more difficult to get 2 studios for that time frame. At least I have awhile to figure things out.
I'm just happy that my hubby told me we could go back in 2015, so it's never too early to start planning!!!!
Make sure you book that right at 11 months out. F&W is a very popular time for DVC members who own there. Hopefully ou are booking the preferred garden/pool view. Each studio has one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa and sleep four plus one under the age of three. The two bedroom is a lockoff with one king bed, one queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa and one double sleeper sofa.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #1654
LifeontheDrupe
Strong Skills: Lazy River Rafting and Alcohol

Any risk?

Is there any "risk" with booking a Water View room at the BWI?

I've read Disneyworld.com's description: "view of Boardwalk or Crescent Lake" and presume that means a room directly above the Boardwalk. Is that correct?

I've looked at countless exterior images and am a tad nervous that there just simply isn't enough rooms (to be offering them to guests at 35% off!) when factoring in the 5th floor is Club Level and some Deluxe Rooms are located on the 4th floor as well.

Does Disney count the rooms that overlook the rear lawn between the Inn and Villas as "Water View" since some rooms offer a partial view of Boardwalk/Lake?

We're traveling during one of the slowest weeks of the year 9/8-9/13 but also checking in early (8am) on Monday morning which is probably where the bulk of my stress is coming from!

Is there such thing as a "bad" Water View room?

I feel much more confident spending the extra on a view at the BWI as opposed to the Y&BC... just want to make sure I have the best understanding!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #1655
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

First time boardwalk visitor August 1-4 then on to old key west for 11 days, can't wait!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #1656
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfanx4 View Post
First time boardwalk visitor August 1-4 then on to old key west for 11 days, can't wait!
We will be at OKW for the last two days of your trip
Old 01-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #1657
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeontheDrupe View Post

I've read Disneyworld.com's description: "view of Boardwalk or Crescent Lake" and presume that means a room directly above the Boardwalk. Is that correct?

I've looked at countless exterior images and am a tad nervous that there just simply isn't enough rooms (to be offering them to guests at 35% off!) when factoring in the 5th floor is Club Level and some Deluxe Rooms are located on the 4th floor as well.

Does Disney count the rooms that overlook the rear lawn between the Inn and Villas as "Water View" since some rooms offer a partial view of Boardwalk/Lake?

We're traveling during one of the slowest weeks of the year 9/8-9/13 but also checking in early (8am) on Monday morning which is probably where the bulk of my stress is coming from!

I feel much more confident spending the extra on a view at the BWI as opposed to the Y&BC... just want to make sure I have the best understanding!
I'd be interested to hear responses to this too as we also have water view booked
Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #1658
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
It was pretty scary when we were eating by the water at Yorkshire County fish. There were two seagulls fighting and one of the seagulls had the other by the neck. It went on for a long time. Then as you said, we had this girl feeding some of the ducks and smaller birds. I got mad because we already had the other birds and squirrels coming right up to our chairs. I asked her to stop, a few times. Her parents did nothing!!! I can't believe other people around me did nothing. I got so angry I started shooing the birds at there table and said out loud to "go to the table that is feeding you". They pretended like they didn't hear me. I finally got so fed up and I went and found a cast member, one of the janitorial, and told them what was going on. She said she'd let management know. When I came back the girl feeding the birds started shooing them away. I said why are you shooing them away? You wanted to feed them. Her parents still say nothing and act like they can't hear me. I could tell they didn't speak English, but they knew what I was getting at. They then starting leaving, just as we were because they probably heard me say I let a cast member know they are feeding the birds. There are multiple signs saying don't feed the birds. I wish cast members would start going after people when they see them doing it.
I am golf ally in agreement with you , my 9 yr old daughter will not eat at any outdoor venue now because of those birds. Absolutely scared to dead. My hubby has to run them over even when we are walking around the park. Still people continue to feed them
Old 01-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #1659
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Changing our October reservation from Contemporary Resort to Boardwalk Inn! For pretty much the CR price we were paying, we are able to upgrade to CL!!! Very excited to give this resort a try. Dates are October 11-14.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #1660
Rags
DIS Veteran

Heading for our first stay at the Boardwalk today so excited! Can't believe it's here time to enjoy with my family
Old 01-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #1661
MisterGoofy1
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The "quiet pool" is on the Inn side, so a water view may also include that? I'm not 100% sure though.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #1662
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoofy1 View Post
The "quiet pool" is on the Inn side, so a water view may also include that? I'm not 100% sure though.
There is also a leisure pool (quiet pool) on the Villas side.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #1663
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is there any "risk" with booking a Water View room at the BWI? I've read Disneyworld.com's description: "view of Boardwalk or Crescent Lake" and presume that means a room directly above the Boardwalk. Is that correct? I've looked at countless exterior images and am a tad nervous that there just simply isn't enough rooms (to be offering them to guests at 35% off!) when factoring in the 5th floor is Club Level and some Deluxe Rooms are located on the 4th floor as well. Does Disney count the rooms that overlook the rear lawn between the Inn and Villas as "Water View" since some rooms offer a partial view of Boardwalk/Lake? We're traveling during one of the slowest weeks of the year 9/8-9/13 but also checking in early (8am) on Monday morning which is probably where the bulk of my stress is coming from! Is there such thing as a "bad" Water View room? I feel much more confident spending the extra on a view at the BWI as opposed to the Y&BC... just want to make sure I have the best understanding!

Yes, I think you have made a good choice. Fourth floor rooms are actually where club level is. You will definitely have a view of the boardwalk and not of the quiet pool.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #1664
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Any cons to BWI?

This may be the wrong place to ask this as I'm sure most of the people on this thread are here because they love this resort, but every resort has their pros and cons and I'm wondering what cons BWI has. I have heard parking is kind of remote, but we won't have a car this trip so that's not a concern.

We stayed BC last year and are booked POFQ now. Have been toying with going Deluxe and was considering the cheaper options of WL and AKL but our MIL will be coming along for a few days which means we need a room that will fit 5 plus an infant (well 2 year old). BWI is the only Deluxe resort with BB or AP discount availability the week we are going.

Are there any common complaints about BWI?

TIA!

Old 01-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #1665
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
This may be the wrong place to ask this as I'm sure most of the people on this thread are here because they love this resort, but every resort has their pros and cons and I'm wondering what cons BWI has. I have heard parking is kind of remote, but we won't have a car this trip so that's not a concern.

We stayed BC last year and are booked POFQ now. Have been toying with going Deluxe and was considering the cheaper options of WL and AKL but our MIL will be coming along for a few days which means we need a room that will fit 5 plus an infant (well 2 year old). BWI is the only Deluxe resort with BB or AP discount availability the week we are going.

Are there any common complaints about BWI?

TIA!
For us, the only consistent complaint is the bus service, especially from DTD. Depending on the trip, it can share stops at YC, BC, and/or S&D. I'm sure that someone know the correct order, but it always felt like Boardwalk was last. Still, it is an easy walk to DHS & Epcot, and we found we would either bus from DHS (no bus service to Epcot) or just exit at S&D if it was first and walk from there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: