Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #1606
MisterGoofy1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
One more week until I hear those two wonderful words, "Welcome, home".
10 days for us.
MisterGoofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #1607
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

We got back from our 6 night stay at The Boardwalk on Saturday evening. We absolutely loved the resort! I just can't say enough good things about it. Everything about our stay there was pretty much perfection We really enjoyed the beautiful grounds and the atmosphere. Our room was great, service was wonderful, and the location just can't be beat! I found it very peaceful and relaxing. I think my favorite thing was leisure time hanging around the resort and the boardwalk....so many nice places to sit and enjoy all the lovely views. Oh...and the gingerbread Mickey cookie with chocolate-dipped ears at Seashore Sweets was to die for! Wish I was sitting on a bench on the boardwalk soaking in the nighttime view across the lake and munching the ears off that cookie right now
QueenofScott is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 AM   #1608
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoofy1 View Post
10 days for us.
19 for us
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #1609
Susiequsie60
Mouseketeer

15 days for us.
Susiequsie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #1610
Volne
Earning My Ears

2 days!!!!
Volne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #1611
leebee
DIS Veteran

Nine months for us. We've never stayed at any of the "Epcot" resorts (I think of them as the Boardwalk resorts) but BWI was always a dream. Now we are renting points for a BWV studio, to go to Food&Wine to celebrate DD's 21st Birthday!! CAN'T WAIT!!! …but where did the years go?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #1612
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volne
2 days!!!!
You win ;-)

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1613
Rags
DIS Veteran

6 days woo hoo
Old 01-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #1614
The V Gang
The V Gang

99 days
Old 01-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #1615
Scrap_Vamp
DIS Veteran

212 days...lol!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #1616
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

I'm here right now!
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #1617
NJdadof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeym422 View Post

Oh no he is a DVC member and those are DVC points, if I just found him off internet I would be nervous but it know someone that personally knows him and uses him, the reservations are under my name and I have confirmation and everything I am glad u said that though something I didn't know about but definitely checked on thanks !!!
Renting DVC points is a great way to go. I tell people about it all the time, but they are frequently Leary about and pay rack rates instead.

We've done it several times, and it has worked out great.

Enjoy!

2008-Wilderness Lodge 2010-AKL 2011-BWV 2012-POR / OKW 2013-BLT 2014 - BWV/POP 2015 - HHI Resort

Old 01-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #1618
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
WDWKook-LOL on the Elaine/Seinfeld reference! I wouldn't want a bird flying in to anyone's giant freakhead!! Still the best show ever
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Boardwalk is my favorite! My Dh and I are going in November for our 30th anniversary and can't wait!!.
Congratulations on almost 30 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeym422 View Post
We are going in April for our 15th
And, congratulations on almost 15 years!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
What are your August dates? I'm planning an early August BWI stay....but it looks like yours is later in August. We miss each other again!
8/18-21 BWI and 8/21-29 WL/CL. Do we overlap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Returned Sunday night from a wonderful stay at BWI! I have pictures to post on the BWI and Villas Pics thread. The service was great from check-in to a maintenance problem with the tub and Mousekeeping. Couldn't have been more pleased!

I had booked a standard view and our room was on the 5th floor over looking the main entrance, never heard noise from outside. Room location was great, too, just a few steps from the elevators! Having only stayed Value before this, I was happy to have so much space to spread out and loved having coffee in the room. The only thing was the coffee maker wasn't plugged in and I couldn't reach the extension cord so I carried the tray over to the desk and used it there. No big deal though. The H2O products are wonderful and our maid stocked us up on our second day. On day 2 I took a shower but noticed the tub wasn't draining and after 20 minutes there was still standing water. Called the front desk to request maintenance come so my sister could shower, and they responded in about half an hour with a quick fix.

We used the quiet pool and hot tub on the Inn side, as well as the Luna Park Pool. It's weird for this Northerner to be in an outdoor pool in January, but we enjoyed taking advantage of it while we could. Neither pools were crowded when we were there, but that's the off season for you!

The best thing about the Boardwalk is definitely location, location, location! A quick walk down to Boardwalk Bakery, EPCOT, the boat launch, and of course Jellyrolls!

Buses- We were also running the half marathon last weekend. Transportation to WWS for packet pickup was pretty good, we didn't have to wait long for a bus there and back. The only thing I wasn't used to was sharing buses with Sawn & Dolphin. Sometimes Boardwalk was first drop-off but other times it was Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, THEN Boardwalk. We could never tell if we'd be off the bus in 5 minutes or 15. Still, a minor inconvenience. Transportation on Half Marathon morning was also good, we got in line for a bus at 3:40 a.m. and got on quickly. Did not share with any other resort on the way to EPCOT pre-race. We did drop off other runners at the different resorts after the race though.

Food- we ate at Boardwalk Bakery a couple times, which was awesome (Oreo Cupcake for the win!) and got margaritas at the stand outside Kouzzina. The rest of our dining was elsewhere on property.

All in all a WONDERFUL stay at Boardwalk. I am very spoiled now that I've made the jump from Value to Deluxe but for the amount of time I spent at the resort this trip I am SO glad we splurged. Will absolutely be back!
Thank you for your TR and it looks like you'll need to book another stay at BWI soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
One more week until I hear those two wonderful words, "Welcome, home".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGoofy1 View Post
10 days for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofScott View Post
We got back from our 6 night stay at The Boardwalk on Saturday evening. We absolutely loved the resort! I just can't say enough good things about it. Everything about our stay there was pretty much perfection We really enjoyed the beautiful grounds and the atmosphere. Our room was great, service was wonderful, and the location just can't be beat! I found it very peaceful and relaxing. I think my favorite thing was leisure time hanging around the resort and the boardwalk....so many nice places to sit and enjoy all the lovely views. Oh...and the gingerbread Mickey cookie with chocolate-dipped ears at Seashore Sweets was to die for! Wish I was sitting on a bench on the boardwalk soaking in the nighttime view across the lake and munching the ears off that cookie right now
Another satisfied customer. Glad to read you had a great stay, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
19 for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiequsie60 View Post
15 days for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volne View Post
2 days!!!!
Yuu get two:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
Nine months for us. We've never stayed at any of the "Epcot" resorts (I think of them as the Boardwalk resorts) but BWI was always a dream. Now we are renting points for a BWV studio, to go to Food&Wine to celebrate DD's 21st Birthday!! CAN'T WAIT!!! …but where did the years go?
How sweet that you're celebrating DD's 21st at WDW and BWV. Are you going to take her to Jelly Rolls or Atlantic Dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags View Post
6 days woo hoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
99 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
212 days...lol!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #1619
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
I'm here right now!
Hope you're having a great time and keeping warm.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #1620
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hope you're having a great time and keeping warm.
It cooled off today. Had to wear long pants and a jacket for the first time.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: