Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #1591
sfbank
DIS Veteran

WDWKook-LOL on the Elaine/Seinfeld reference! I wouldn't want a bird flying in to anyone's giant freakhead!! Still the best show ever

Old 01-14-2014, 08:42 AM   #1592
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Boardwalk is my favorite! My Dh and I are going in November for our 30th anniversary and can't wait!!.

I was thinking of renting DVC points for the stay but never did it before and nervous. Especially with no cancellation and just not knowing much about it.I have AP and we don't do dining plan.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #1593
mickeym422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Boardwalk is my favorite! My Dh and I are going in November for our 30th anniversary and can't wait!!. I was thinking of renting DVC points for the stay but never did it before and nervous. Especially with no cancellation and just not knowing much about it.I have AP and we don't do dining plan.
We are going in April for our 15th, rented DVC points from a person first time doing so. Nervous as well but when I get online it shows my reservations under my name with reservation number so I feel better about that, I also go travel insurance so if I needed to cancel I could. It wasn't offered thru DVC member but I found it online on my own, for room and tickets and dining. We were lucky and got. Good deal only way we were able to stay at boardwalk, to expensive thru disney !!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #1594
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
WDWKook-LOL on the Elaine/Seinfeld reference! I wouldn't want a bird flying in to anyone's giant freakhead!! Still the best show ever
I really could of used that scarf .
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
DH Me DS 16 DD 11 : DS 9
Old 01-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #1595
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeym422 View Post
We are going in April for our 15th, rented DVC points from a person first time doing so. Nervous as well but when I get online it shows my reservations under my name with reservation number so I feel better about that, I also go travel insurance so if I needed to cancel I could. It wasn't offered thru DVC member but I found it online on my own, for room and tickets and dining. We were lucky and got. Good deal only way we were able to stay at boardwalk, to expensive thru disney !!
Hopefully you did not get an RCI trade and that the reservation was made by a DVC member using their points. RCI doesn't allow their members to rent out trades and they can cancel them if they find out.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #1596
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I tweaked our summer vacation last night. I changed our Tower Club reservation to an Epcot/MK split of 3 nights BWI and 8 nights WL-CL

But, before I get too distracted by that trip, I still have to write my Christmas TR
What are your August dates? I'm planning an early August BWI stay....but it looks like yours is later in August. We miss each other again!

Love the pics...its my Happy Place!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #1597
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Returned Sunday night from a wonderful stay at BWI! I have pictures to post on the BWI and Villas Pics thread. The service was great from check-in to a maintenance problem with the tub and Mousekeeping. Couldn't have been more pleased!

I had booked a standard view and our room was on the 5th floor over looking the main entrance, never heard noise from outside. Room location was great, too, just a few steps from the elevators! Having only stayed Value before this, I was happy to have so much space to spread out and loved having coffee in the room. The only thing was the coffee maker wasn't plugged in and I couldn't reach the extension cord so I carried the tray over to the desk and used it there. No big deal though. The H2O products are wonderful and our maid stocked us up on our second day. On day 2 I took a shower but noticed the tub wasn't draining and after 20 minutes there was still standing water. Called the front desk to request maintenance come so my sister could shower, and they responded in about half an hour with a quick fix.

We used the quiet pool and hot tub on the Inn side, as well as the Luna Park Pool. It's weird for this Northerner to be in an outdoor pool in January, but we enjoyed taking advantage of it while we could. Neither pools were crowded when we were there, but that's the off season for you!

The best thing about the Boardwalk is definitely location, location, location! A quick walk down to Boardwalk Bakery, EPCOT, the boat launch, and of course Jellyrolls!

Buses- We were also running the half marathon last weekend. Transportation to WWS for packet pickup was pretty good, we didn't have to wait long for a bus there and back. The only thing I wasn't used to was sharing buses with Sawn & Dolphin. Sometimes Boardwalk was first drop-off but other times it was Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, THEN Boardwalk. We could never tell if we'd be off the bus in 5 minutes or 15. Still, a minor inconvenience. Transportation on Half Marathon morning was also good, we got in line for a bus at 3:40 a.m. and got on quickly. Did not share with any other resort on the way to EPCOT pre-race. We did drop off other runners at the different resorts after the race though.

Food- we ate at Boardwalk Bakery a couple times, which was awesome (Oreo Cupcake for the win!) and got margaritas at the stand outside Kouzzina. The rest of our dining was elsewhere on property.

All in all a WONDERFUL stay at Boardwalk. I am very spoiled now that I've made the jump from Value to Deluxe but for the amount of time I spent at the resort this trip I am SO glad we splurged. Will absolutely be back!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #1598
mickeym422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Hopefully you did not get an RCI trade and that the reservation was made by a DVC member using their points. RCI doesn't allow their members to rent out trades and they can cancel them if they find out.
What is an rci trade? I will look into it, it's one of my friends friend who they use every year so I think I am ok but deffinitly will check it put if you can let me know what that means thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #1599
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Returned Sunday night from a wonderful stay at BWI! I have pictures to post on the BWI and Villas Pics thread. The service was great from check-in to a maintenance problem with the tub and Mousekeeping. Couldn't have been more pleased!

I had booked a standard view and our room was on the 5th floor over looking the main entrance, never heard noise from outside. Room location was great, too, just a few steps from the elevators! Having only stayed Value before this, I was happy to have so much space to spread out and loved having coffee in the room. The only thing was the coffee maker wasn't plugged in and I couldn't reach the extension cord so I carried the tray over to the desk and used it there. No big deal though. The H2O products are wonderful and our maid stocked us up on our second day. On day 2 I took a shower but noticed the tub wasn't draining and after 20 minutes there was still standing water. Called the front desk to request maintenance come so my sister could shower, and they responded in about half an hour with a quick fix.

We used the quiet pool and hot tub on the Inn side, as well as the Luna Park Pool. It's weird for this Northerner to be in an outdoor pool in January, but we enjoyed taking advantage of it while we could. Neither pools were crowded when we were there, but that's the off season for you!

The best thing about the Boardwalk is definitely location, location, location! A quick walk down to Boardwalk Bakery, EPCOT, the boat launch, and of course Jellyrolls!

Buses- We were also running the half marathon last weekend. Transportation to WWS for packet pickup was pretty good, we didn't have to wait long for a bus there and back. The only thing I wasn't used to was sharing buses with Sawn & Dolphin. Sometimes Boardwalk was first drop-off but other times it was Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, THEN Boardwalk. We could never tell if we'd be off the bus in 5 minutes or 15. Still, a minor inconvenience. Transportation on Half Marathon morning was also good, we got in line for a bus at 3:40 a.m. and got on quickly. Did not share with any other resort on the way to EPCOT pre-race. We did drop off other runners at the different resorts after the race though.

Food- we ate at Boardwalk Bakery a couple times, which was awesome (Oreo Cupcake for the win!) and got margaritas at the stand outside Kouzzina. The rest of our dining was elsewhere on property.

All in all a WONDERFUL stay at Boardwalk. I am very spoiled now that I've made the jump from Value to Deluxe but for the amount of time I spent at the resort this trip I am SO glad we splurged. Will absolutely be back!
I have never stayed at BWI, this May will be our first time... I too am getting a standard view because we will not be at the resort long enough to enjoy CL. It is very encouraging to hear your comments, THANK YOU!

It is wonderful to hear that you had such a great time!

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #1600
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

My Christmas Trip Report with BWI photos is posted HERE
Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #1601
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

One more week until I hear those two wonderful words, "Welcome, home".
Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #1602
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeym422 View Post
What is an rci trade? I will look into it, it's one of my friends friend who they use every year so I think I am ok but deffinitly will check it put if you can let me know what that means thanks
RCI (Resort Condominiums International) is a trading company that DVC works with the allow DVC members to trade their points to stay in a different resort than a DVC resort. Lots of large timeshare companies use RCI as a trading company. So a member of a company not DVC can trade their points or week for a DVC stay. But RCI won't let anyone sell their exchanges.

So if your friend isn't a DVC member and traded their timeshare for a DVC resevation via RCI, they should not be renting you their stay.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #1603
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Paper FastPasses done at Disney's Magic Kingdom

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Jan 14, 2014

Beginning today, January 14, paper FastPasses will not be available at the Magic Kingdom. All Magic Kingdom guests will now be able to utilize FastPass+; previously, it had only been available to Disney resort guests. Offsite guests will need to visit a MyMagic+ kiosk to make their selections when they arrive at the park. If they need to modify any of those selections, that will need to be done at the kiosks as well. Offsite guests will not receive MagicBands, but will use their tickets instead. Walt Disney World resort guests will continue to be able to make their FastPass+ selections in advance and will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or website to make and modify their selections.

In addition to the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom has also switched to just FastPass+. Hollywood Studios and Epcot are expected to make the switch in the next couple of months.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #1604
mickeym422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
RCI (Resort Condominiums International) is a trading company that DVC works with the allow DVC members to trade their points to stay in a different resort than a DVC resort. Lots of large timeshare companies use RCI as a trading company. So a member of a company not DVC can trade their points or week for a DVC stay. But RCI won't let anyone sell their exchanges. So if your friend isn't a DVC member and traded their timeshare for a DVC resevation via RCI, they should not be renting you their stay.

Oh no he is a DVC member and those are DVC points, if I just found him off internet I would be nervous but it know someone that personally knows him and uses him, the reservations are under my name and I have confirmation and everything I am glad u said that though something I didn't know about but definitely checked on thanks !!!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #1605
WDWKOOK

AllEars tip:

Joel shares: When I was at Seashore Sweets at the BoardWalk in December, there was a jar of jellybeans on the counter near the registers. If you correctly guess the number of jellybeans in the jar, you get free ice cream. I correctly guessed and got a single scoop in a cup. There were many people who never noticed the jar, so be sure to ask about it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: