Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #1576
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Just did my online checkin for my stay at BWV March 9 - 14. Woo hoo! Also did my FastPass+ selections.

57 days and counting....

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
Old 01-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #1577
jentea
Earning My Ears

Hi, all! We just booked a 1-bedroom BWV for 5/16-5/20. So excited!! My question is this: we booked through cheaptickets.com. Will I be able to register online through the Disney website so I can make things like ADRs? Also, who do I call/email to make a room location request? I have no idea if we booked standard or preferred as cheaptickets didn't specify. TIA for the help!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #1578
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentea View Post
Hi, all! We just booked a 1-bedroom BWV for 5/16-5/20. So excited!! My question is this: we booked through cheaptickets.com. Will I be able to register online through the Disney website so I can make things like ADRs?
If cheaptickets gives you the DISNEY confirmation number, yes you can register it to your MDE account. FYI, you don't need to do that to make ADRs. Even people staying offsite can make ADRs.

Quote:
Also, who do I call/email to make a room location request?
If you get the Disney confirmation number, call the main reservations line (407-W-DISNEY) and add your request(s) to your reservation.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #1579
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The V Gang View Post
So my nerves got the best of me. I emailed the BWI CL desk this morning asking about the upcoming refurbishment and if it will effect our stay 4/26-5/5. I asked about the offerings in the lounge and a sample pool activity schedule too. Here is the response I received (rather quickly):

Thank You for your email. What I found out about the rehab is that it won't be starting until 5/12 thru 6/17. They have not let anyone book for those days so their is no inconvenience. So you are fine. The Lounge starts to serve their Continental Breakfast from 7:00am to 10:30am which is whole fruits, cut up fruit, cereals, milk, juices ,water and soft drinks, coffee and tea. it varies every day on different breads, muffins, crisonts, and their are also hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt. They close for an hour for clean up and reset up for lunch snacks which varies from day to day sometimes yogurt covered pretzels, chips & dips, swedish fish & trail mix. They close at 4:00pm and reopen at 5:00pm for veggie trays, dips and hummis, breads and cheese & fruit trays, also something that may be from either Kouzzina'a or the Flying Fish. They also put out the beer & wine. They closes this at 7:00pm and reopen at 8:00pm until 10:00pm with the delights and something if you want to have a night cap. Of course this is all subject to change. It may be something different by the end of April; But it gives you an Idea of what to expect. I have attached the activity schedule for Jan. Please let us know how we may assist you further. Thank You
Terri
Concierge Itinerary Planner
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Phone (407) 934-1448
Fax Number (407) 938-6508
Email: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.co m

Kudos to Terri for responding so quickly but I would definitely run a spell check before replying to emails!
Thank you for getting the exact dates so I can update the first page. My experiences with the YC/BC/BWI IPO in 2010 and 2012 was similar to yours. Emails were replete with spelling and grammar errors that were so bad, some emails were far worse than any middle school writing assignments I've graded. I also noticed that a couple of times when I would ask a question, I wouldn't get as thorough a response as you received and some of my questions would be left unanswered/ignored. However, I've not had those "issues" with the MK area resorts or with AKL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingle View Post
I apologize if this was already asked, but where is the nearest grocery?
I'm staying during Princess weekend, and will need some things - but Garden Grocery has a minimum $40 order, and I won't need that much.

Thanks for your help!
I know your question was answered, but just so everyone knows, in the SHOPPING section of the thread, I have some information and a link to the HESS. The shopping hyperlink is in the table of contents in Post #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesszac610 View Post
Finally going back took a year but we r going!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Your not kidding

My favorite part is toward the end of her email the IPO writes, "Of course, this is all subject to change."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
Just did my online checkin for my stay at BWV March 9 - 14. Woo hoo! Also did my FastPass+ selections.

57 days and counting....

-- Dave
It seems more real after you do OCI and FP+

Quote:
Hi, all! We just booked a 1-bedroom BWV for 5/16-5/20. So excited!! My question is this: we booked through cheaptickets.com. Will I be able to register online through the Disney website so I can make things like ADRs? Also, who do I call/email to make a room location request? I have no idea if we booked standard or preferred as cheaptickets didn't specify. TIA for the help!
Welcome to the BWI/BWV thread and to the DIS! I've added your dates to the BW Bulletin. I know that with Expedia/Orbitz, I believe that you will have the 12-digit Disney confirmation number in their confirmation email. But, I don't know anything about the company you booked with. I assume it was a cash reservation Vs. points? You should have full control of the reservation if you didn't rent points. Check your invoice for a 12-digit number, most likely beginning with "44" and you can then go into your MDX account and link your reservation. This will allow you to make FP+ reservations.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #1580
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I tweaked our summer vacation last night. I changed our Tower Club reservation to an Epcot/MK split of 3 nights BWI and 8 nights WL-CL

But, before I get too distracted by that trip, I still have to write my Christmas TR
Old 01-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #1581
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Here are some pictures from our visit Christmas and NYE weeks.
Room 3215 Saturday December 28th, 2014- Second to last room next to ESPN.

The original room we were given I hated the view, so I complained. If I was going to spend 10 days at BWI over NYE week, I wanted the view I had been dreaming of. I don't remember the room number but it was on the 4th floor, the second to last room from Flying Fish. The balcony only allowed for one person at a time.

Here is the tv outside at ESPN at night. It may not look clear in the picture, but we could see and hear it clearly from our balcony. I thought it was cool.

Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
DH Me DS 16 DD 11 : DS 9

Last edited by DonaldDuckFamily; 01-12-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #1582
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

For the first time ever, and it could be typical in the winter at Disney, but there were a lot birds and they were very aggressive. Not only at the Boardwalk, but also at Epcot at the outdoor Mexican restaurant and at Yorkshire Fish. Here is a picture of a crazy bird that swooped down to my hair while sitting at Big River Grille. By the way, we were done eating and plates empty when the bird did this. As you can see, he is still scoping me out .

Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
Old 01-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #1583
miblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
For the first time ever, and it could be typical in the winter at Disney, but there were a lot birds and they were very aggressive. Not only at the Boardwalk, but also at Epcot at the outdoor Mexican restaurant and at Yorkshire Fish. Here is a picture of a crazy bird that swooped down to my hair while sitting at Big River Grille. By the way, we were done eating and plates empty when the bird did this. As you can see, he is still scoping me out .
My son was sooo scared of the aggressive birds our last trip! We were eating at the liberty grille and they were all but stealing the food from our plates. He cried the whole meal!

DD's first trip to WDW! BoardWalk Inn February 2014
DS's first trip to WDW! Stayed at the All-Star Music Resort January 2012
So many trips to WDW as a child I don't recall specific years.
In recent years: 2000 (Dixie Landings), 2004 for Christmas! (off site)
DL in 1987 and 1993
Old 01-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #1584
ppiew
DIS Veteran

thanks to the tourists who feed the birds gives them a sense of entitlement and they bring all their relatives too! People think it is so 'cute' to give crumbs to the birds but it sure makes them aggressive!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #1585
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
thanks to the tourists who feed the birds gives them a sense of entitlement and they bring all their relatives too! People think it is so 'cute' to give crumbs to the birds but it sure makes them aggressive!
It was pretty scary when we were eating by the water at Yorkshire County fish. There were two seagulls fighting and one of the seagulls had the other by the neck. It went on for a long time.

Then as you said, we had this girl feeding some of the ducks and smaller birds. I got mad because we already had the other birds and squirrels coming right up to our chairs. I asked her to stop, a few times. Her parents did nothing!!! I can't believe other people around me did nothing. I got so angry I started shooing the birds at there table and said out loud to "go to the table that is feeding you". They pretended like they didn't hear me.

I finally got so fed up and I went and found a cast member, one of the janitorial, and told them what was going on. She said she'd let management know. When I came back the girl feeding the birds started shooing them away. I said why are you shooing them away? You wanted to feed them. Her parents still say nothing and act like they can't hear me. I could tell they didn't speak English, but they knew what I was getting at.

They then starting leaving, just as we were because they probably heard me say I let a cast member know they are feeding the birds. There are multiple signs saying don't feed the birds. I wish cast members would start going after people when they see them doing it.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #1586
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
You can make ADRs even if you did your reservations elsewhere, I have been doing it for years! No matter if I stay on site, stay at an off site hotel or rent a house I am always able to make ADRs. Just make an account and all your ADRs will be there listed for you. If you have a smart phone, you can download the My Experience Disney app and see your ADRs listed there as well It's awesome!

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
Old 01-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #1587
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I tweaked our summer vacation last night. I changed our Tower Club reservation to an Epcot/MK split of 3 nights BWI and 8 nights WL-CL

But, before I get too distracted by that trip, I still have to write my Christmas TR
Glad you're coming back! Hopefully the non-club visit works better for you.

Quote:
Nice pics! Thanks for posting!!

As for myself, I have some good news and bad news.

The good news: This morning I finalized our 11-month booking for December for a 1-BR Boardwalk View. Woo hoo!

The bad news: We have to wait 11 months for our stay at the BW!! Boooo!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #1588
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

DonaldDuckFamily, thanks so much for the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

The good news: This morning I finalized our 11-month booking for December for a 1-BR Boardwalk View. Woo hoo!

Great news, psac! As for the bad news part of it, I'll try to help with the wait by posting photos after our PHM weekend stay at BWI!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 01-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #1589
WDWKOOK

Quote:

The original room we were given I hated the view, so I complained. If I was going to spend 10 days at BWI over NYE week, I wanted the view I had been dreaming of. I don't remember the room number but it was on the 4th floor, the second to last room from Flying Fish. The balcony only allowed for one person at a time.

Here is the tv outside at ESPN at night. It may not look clear in the picture, but we could see and hear it clearly from our balcony. I thought it was cool.
It never hurts to ask for a different room and it paid off for you. Lovely view of Crescent Lake and the BW. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
I hope you didn't end up having to wear a scarf on your head…

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Glad you're coming back! Hopefully the non-club visit works better for you.

Impressive that you noticed and remembered

Those, umm, 11 months will just fly by. In just 5 months you can make ADRs and then 3 months from then you can make those FP+ times. 11 months is nothing. 12 on the other hand, that's a really long time from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
As for the bad news part of it, I'll try to help with the wait by posting photos after our PHM weekend stay at BWI!
Your trip is almost here
Old 01-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #1590
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
DonaldDuckFamily, thanks so much for the photos!

Great news, psac! As for the bad news part of it, I'll try to help with the wait by posting photos after our PHM weekend stay at BWI!
Awesome, I'll be waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Impressive that you noticed and remembered

Those, umm, 11 months will just fly by. In just 5 months you can make ADRs and then 3 months from then you can make those FP+ times. 11 months is nothing. 12 on the other hand, that's a really long time from now.
You're right, a whole year would be way too long!!!

In terms of noticing, since I sub to all three of your threads, I probably know way too much about you for a "stranger." there's no "I'm not a stalker" emoticon!

Though I like to think of all of us as "Disboard buddies" and not strangers.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: