Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #1546
shefrn1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

You can call Member Services when you get the confirmation from RCI and request either Luna Park (themed pool) or the leisure pool.
Thank you

How are the luna park views?m I spinning mind semi noisy...can you partially see the fireworks from there?? Thank you for your help

shefrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #1547
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
The Club Level lounge is closed during the month of May for renovations. So all Club Level room categories are not available and that's why you can't get a reservation.
Thank you for re-posting this information. I recall you posting it a few months ago and I believe I forgot to post it on the first page (which is where I'm headin' right now)

ETA: Someone posted that they have an Innkeeper's Club reservation for the beginning of May so it's possible the lounge will be moved to a suite or closed later in the month

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-09-2014 at 03:58 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #1548
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefrn1 View Post
Thank you

How are the luna park views?m I spinning mind semi noisy...can you partially see the fireworks from there?? Thank you for your help
On the Villa side you really can't see any of the fireworks from the Pool/Garden views, sorry. (At best, you may get some of the quick Fantasmic bursts if you face towards DHS). If noise is a problem, you would probably want to request a quiet pool view over the Luna Park view. Quiet pool would be further from the elevators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
If I'm going to request a specific area of the hotel, when does one usually do that? We are 37 days out. Also we would love a view of the fireworks somehow but only reserved a standard room. Any advice appreciated
If you have a regular cash reservation on the Inn side, you need to call the main Disney booking line to have a request added. I think on the Inn side "high floor Epcot view" may get you fireworks. Some CMs say there is no Epcot view, in which case be insistent or just hang up and call back. You're not really seeing into Epcot like a MK view at the Contemporary, but you're still seeing the top of Epcot over the BW rooftops. The BW room assigners know what that request means.

On the Villa side, you have to call member services (or even use the CM messaging feature on dvcmember.com). I think there are some BWV standard views where you can see the fireworks, but I don't know what to ask for, hopefully someone else can help if that's what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Thanks! We are traveling with our two year old daughter. Does that sway your opinion at all between the deluxe CL rooms at BC vs BW? I would think more kids are at BC with SAB, but we'd really like to try BW. But, we also don't want to disturb others who may go there to get away from kids

We have the option of a garden suite as well. I know we'd be further from the lounge and would have to go outside to get anywhere, but it seems like it might work? Those rooms appeal to me for some reason. Thanks
We don't have kids, so to provide my opinion from the other side, I would say anyone who expects to get away from kids should be vacationing somewhere else. I've seen many people say they like the BW pool better with little kids because SAB is just TOO big. Of course, SAB is the most loved pool in WDW, so I'm sure many people think otherwise.

We like the garden suites, too, but have never tried them. Especially living in NY, those seem like cute country cottages, things we don't have here. I think it would be neat to effectively have your own "home" there. But if you do plan to use the club a lot, I think they'll be REALLY inconvenient for that.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #1549
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
I thought I had posted here but looking back I guess not! We'll be here Feb 15-20! Not terribly excited to be there in President's Day Week but my husband is attending a conference so no choice there

Love all the tips about requesting rooms and such. Very excited to stay atBWI! Has anyone else ever gone while your spouse attended a conference? I'll have our 4 yr old and 1.5 yr old to myself 3 of the mornings for 2-3 hours. I don't think I'm brave enough to wait in ride lines with them by myself but figured we'd just walk over to Epcot or HS every morning and hang out while waiting for him.

Oh also does anyone know if the pool is heated? My son only keeps talking about swimming there. I hope I can come through for him and there will be a semi-warm day!
I've posted your dates and welcome! The pool is heated, but since the ambient temp. can be quite chilly, getting out of the pool or hot tub can be a challenge. Have some warm clothes nearby to throw on the kids, like a hoodie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
Subscribing!
Just booked our first stay at BWI for May 5-9 and we are so excited!
It's just me andDH this time around. Hard for me to believe but DH
actually chose the resort after watching the Disney planning DVD.
Now to start the planning!
Welcome and I'll add you to the Bulletin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags View Post
Just curious!!!
The sofa doesn't pull out in the STD rooms because it's a daybed. Only the Deluxe CL rooms have a sleeper sofa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
I have a few questions. I think I've pretty much decided on renting points for our trip next year and I'm torn between here and Wilderness Lodge. We stayed at Wilderness this past October-November and loved it but I'm wanting to try epcot resorts. I only have one concern. I'm nervous about the size and navigating the hallways. How long does it usually take to get to the room from the lobby or from getting drink refills? TIA
I'd say it's about the same amount of time it takes to get to RF from VWL, but I've never stayed at BWV. VWL will be having a hard goods rehab starting this month through probably March so all the rooms will be like new after March and the Studios will sleep 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
of course we've been booked for a while, but was hoping the kindly wdwkook could add:

4/27 - 5/7 BWV - DD & me
9/26 - 10/6 BWV - DH & me again (love how that works out)

thank you, & hope you had a great vacation!!
I would be happy to post your dates and what a great set of vacations you have coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkckr View Post
My family is booked in a deluxe CL room from 11/1-11/8. I am trying to decide if I should request the 3rd or 4th floor. We were there for 1 night last year and were in room 4255. It was nice being on the same floor as the lounge, but we were right next to the main door, so it was a little noisy and the balcony is so small. I have heard that the balcony is larger on the 3rd floor. Does anyone have any pictures of the balcony on the 3rd floor deluxe rooms so I can compare?
Congratulations on booking and I'll post your dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
So excited to check into BWI on Thursday! I will be sure to post lots of pics. Any questions or anything specific anyone would like to me look out for or find out about if I can while there? Checking out on Sunday the 12th.
Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Hope you had an easy trip and enjoy your stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
DancinDaisyDuck, I'm so ready for our trip (Jan 18-26), too! We're having subzero temps, like most of the Midwest, and I am ready for a little sun, tee shirts and shorts during the day instead of Uggs, a long down coat, hat scarf and gloves---oh, and long silk undies!

This will be our 3rd CL stay at BWI. We tried Poly CL last time (never again) and can't wait for our trip to begin.

I hope you enjoy the BWI as much as we do!
I hope you have a VERY WARM vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45 View Post
This thread has me so excited! I never thought we'd EVER be able to stay at BW which was my dream, but we will be doing it from Nov 30 - Dec 6, 2014. I will follow along to gather tips and advice here!

We will be staying in a BWV studio with boardwalk view. I am as excited about the view as everything else so I hope we get a great one. I'm thinking I should request a higher floor in the hopes of having a fireworks view? We don't mind a long walk, so that's not a big problem for us.

I'll surely have questions later, but for now I just had to share my excitement!

Thanks all for the VERY valuable information
Welcome and congratulations on booking BWV - Happy planning

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 01-09-2014 at 03:56 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #1550
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefrn1 View Post
Thank you

You might see a bit of DHS, but not Epcot (you would need to be a BW view or Standard view to see those).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #1551
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We don't have kids, so to provide my opinion from the other side, I would say anyone who expects to get away from kids should be vacationing somewhere else. I've seen many people say they like the BW pool better with little kids because SAB is just TOO big. Of course, SAB is the most loved pool in WDW, so I'm sure many people think otherwise.
Hi psac! We have kids - three - and I can add some thoughts regarding BC vs. BWI for kids. We do love SAB, and BC remains our youngest son's favorite resort, with BWI second. For our teens, it's Poly first and and then BWI second. My husband and I LOVE BWI CL. (I will never declare a favorite between Poly, BWI and BC - they are all my favorites for different reasons and different trips!) In any event, there is a common thread here - everyone loves BWI! It's for adults and for kids. While overall, I do prefer SAB over the Luna Park pool, I think the slide at Luna Park is the best on WDW property. But please do not think BWI is just for adults - it's extremely family friendly!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #1552
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

what's the difference between standard studio villas and preferred studio villas? How far away are they from the lobby and quick service? TIA

Holly Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #1553
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
what's the difference between standard studio villas and preferred studio villas? How far away are they from the lobby and quick service? TIA
Standard have a view of the front drive and parking lot (standard view villas comprise about 20% of the total). Preferred view comes in two categories; garden/pool and BW view. BW view is again about 20% of the total and they have a BW view. BW view is a bookable category. Pool/Garden is all the rest of the space - leisure pool, Luna Park pool, Village Green (total about 60% of the villas). Standard and preferred might be righ across the hall from each other. So they might be close to the single bank of elevators or far from the elevator bank.

BW really doesn't have a quick service except for the BWBakery.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #1554
The V Gang
The V Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thank you for re-posting this information. I recall you posting it a few months ago and I believe I forgot to post it on the first page (which is where I'm headin' right now)

ETA: Someone posted that they have an Innkeeper's Club reservation for the beginning of May so it's possible the lounge will be moved to a suite or closed later in the month
We have reservations for a BWI deluxe CL room for 4/26-5/5. I wouldn't even consider shelling out that kind of $$$ to stay in a room on a floor that is under refurbishment so I hope this info is incorrect.

Wouldn't WDW notify us a refurb going on during our stay - especially if it's within the CL area???? Getting nervous
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #1555
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Is the Club Level on the INN side, first time staying at the BW so I don't know if the BWV even have club level being vacation club.

Fortunately I only wanted a BWI standard king size bed room because we are spending 90% of our time at the SWW event and wouldn't even be at the resort to take advantage of the club level benefits.

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
The Sunrise Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #1556
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
Is the Club Level on the INN side, first time staying at the BW so I don't know if the BWV even have club level being vacation club.

Fortunately I only wanted a BWI standard king size bed room because we are spending 90% of our time at the SWW event and wouldn't even be at the resort to take advantage of the club level benefits.
Yes, club is on the Inn side. The only DVC property with club level access is AKL Jambo house, and that's only very few units.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #1557
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Yes, club is on the Inn side. The only DVC property with club level access is AKL Jambo house, and that's only very few units.
Thank YOU! That is really good to know because next year is our Animal Kingdom 10 day stay and I wanted to try club level there, now that I know that I will make sure we book non vacation club.

BWI I am now really concerned with the construction going on at BWI, even though I only wanted a standard king bed room I am worried how it will affect my sinuses... being in top form for a whirl wind SWW schedule is key!

PS can anyone tell me what areas/room numbers are considered club level and are part of the construction?

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL

Last edited by The Sunrise Student; 01-10-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added PS
The Sunrise Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #1558
The V Gang
The V Gang

I emailed BWI CL regarding our April-May stay/Refurb

So my nerves got the best of me. I emailed the BWI CL desk this morning asking about the upcoming refurbishment and if it will effect our stay 4/26-5/5. I asked about the offerings in the lounge and a sample pool activity schedule too. Here is the response I received (rather quickly):

Thank You for your email. What I found out about the rehab is that it won't be starting until 5/12 thru 6/17. They have not let anyone book for those days so their is no inconvenience. So you are fine. The Lounge starts to serve their Continental Breakfast from 7:00am to 10:30am which is whole fruits, cut up fruit, cereals, milk, juices ,water and soft drinks, coffee and tea. it varies every day on different breads, muffins, crisonts, and their are also hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt. They close for an hour for clean up and reset up for lunch snacks which varies from day to day sometimes yogurt covered pretzels, chips & dips, swedish fish & trail mix. They close at 4:00pm and reopen at 5:00pm for veggie trays, dips and hummis, breads and cheese & fruit trays, also something that may be from either Kouzzina'a or the Flying Fish. They also put out the beer & wine. They closes this at 7:00pm and reopen at 8:00pm until 10:00pm with the delights and something if you want to have a night cap. Of course this is all subject to change. It may be something different by the end of April; But it gives you an Idea of what to expect. I have attached the activity schedule for Jan. Please let us know how we may assist you further. Thank You
Terri
Concierge Itinerary Planner
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Phone (407) 934-1448
Fax Number (407) 938-6508
Email: Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.co m

Kudos to Terri for responding so quickly but I would definitely run a spell check before replying to emails!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #1559
Twingle
DIS Veteran

I apologize if this was already asked, but where is the nearest grocery?
I'm staying during Princess weekend, and will need some things - but Garden Grocery has a minimum $40 order, and I won't need that much.

Thanks for your help!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #1560
Twingle
DIS Veteran

*whoops, duplicate post!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: