Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #1531
were45
Mouseketeer

First Trip to BW in 11 short months!!!!

This thread has me so excited! I never thought we'd EVER be able to stay at BW which was my dream, but we will be doing it from Nov 30 - Dec 6, 2014. I will follow along to gather tips and advice here!

We will be staying in a BWV studio with boardwalk view. I am as excited about the view as everything else so I hope we get a great one. I'm thinking I should request a higher floor in the hopes of having a fireworks view? We don't mind a long walk, so that's not a big problem for us.

I'll surely have questions later, but for now I just had to share my excitement!

Thanks all for the VERY valuable information
were45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #1532
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Ahhhh such a hard question! If I HAD to pick, I'd choose BWI. I just love the atmosphere over there. Another plus is that the BWI CL lounge is very close to the Deluxe rooms, whereas at BC, none of the 6 deluxe rooms are close to the lounge, or even on the same floor. We were in 2557 which is over by the BC quiet pool and it was a hike to the lounge. That location was amazing though, we often had the quiet pool to ourselves, and we were literally a few steps away from Epcot.

As far as the room itself, both were great. The BC Deluxe room felt larger, but both were spacious. The balcony at BC was by far the largest I've ever seen, but each deluxe room at BC has a different balcony configuration.

As far as CL lounge, they were very similar. I'd choose BWI CL lounge, they seemed to have a better variety in food offerings than BC CL lounge. BWI lounge had a better view than BC.

The BC Deluxe CL room in peak (spring break) season was $536/nt including taxes. The BWI Deluxe CL room in August (not sure which season) was $494/nt including taxes. Both were booked with an AP room only discount.

Hope this helps!!
Very helpful!! We just switched from BCV to Deluxe CL at BWI. However, I was considering the deluxe room at BC as well.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #1533
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Very helpful!! We just switched from BCV to Deluxe CL at BWI. However, I was considering the deluxe room at BC as well.
You would have loved either, but you will be thrilled with BWI Deluxe CL! Have a great trip, I'm jealous!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #1534
MisterGoofy1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by were45 View Post
This thread has me so excited! I never thought we'd EVER be able to stay at BW which was my dream, but we will be doing it from Nov 30 - Dec 6, 2014. I will follow along to gather tips and advice here!

We will be staying in a BWV studio with boardwalk view. I am as excited about the view as everything else so I hope we get a great one. I'm thinking I should request a higher floor in the hopes of having a fireworks view? We don't mind a long walk, so that's not a big problem for us.

I'll surely have questions later, but for now I just had to share my excitement!

Thanks all for the VERY valuable information

We have stayed at BWV with a boardwalk view twice, soon to be thrice in 17 days. The first time we were on the 4th floor, and the second time we were on the 2nd floor. Both times, we could see the fireworks without any issues.
MisterGoofy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #1535
shefrn1
Mouseketeer

We are staying at BWV 3/7-3/14.....one bedroom....ate there one bedrooms with a boardwalk view or are they all garden/pool view.....is the any one bedrooms that are better than the other that can be requested??

If not it certainly won't ruin my trip I just love sitting on the balcony after I put the kids to bed

Plus.....is it smoke free or could I enjoy a cigar on the balcony after I put the kids to bed

shefrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #1536
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
We've done both, and purely comparing rooms, I think the deluxe club rooms at BW are much better. Much more usable space with the extra "hump" at BW instead of just the wider rooms at BC. Plus I think a 3rd floor deluxe room at BW is closer to the lounge than the deluxe BC rooms by the quiet pool (where we were.) Finally, all deluxe club rooms at BW have balconies, while at the BC you have the chance for a deluxe club room with no balcony at all. (Although the ones with balcony by the quiet pool have a balcony that is friggin HUGE.)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #1537
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefrn1 View Post
We are staying at BWV 3/7-3/14.....one bedroom....ate there one bedrooms with a boardwalk view or are they all garden/pool view.....is the any one bedrooms that are better than the other that can be requested??

If not it certainly won't ruin my trip I just love sitting on the balcony after I put the kids to bed

Plus.....is it smoke free or could I enjoy a cigar on the balcony after I put the kids to bed
Last question first -- all balconies and all rooms in Disney World are now smoke free, so you can only smoke in the designated areas around the resort. Sorry.

For the one bedroom, it depends on how you booked. There are three categories for DVC booking -- Standard (parking lot & entrance), Preferred/Non-Boardwalk (garden/pools, canal going towards HS, etc.), and Preferred/Boardwalk (guaranteed BW view). Obviously there what you get will depend on what was booked.

If you booked a regular cash stay through Disney and not DVC, those rooms are all in the Preferred/Non-Boardwalk category. So no chance of Boardwalk, but mostly good views of one of the pools, the canal, etc. Most people seem pleased with those views.

Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #1538
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Has anyone booked a deluxe room with new discount? I can't get ANY rooms to come up for our dates May 17-23 2014.

thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #1539
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Has anyone booked a deluxe room with new discount? I can't get ANY rooms to come up for our dates May 17-23 2014.

thanks
The Club Level lounge is closed during the month of May for renovations. So all Club Level room categories are not available and that's why you can't get a reservation.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #1540
SplashMtnCrew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
The Club Level lounge is closed during the month of May for renovations. So all Club Level room categories are not available and that's why you can't get a reservation.
The CL rooms are available for our dates, May 5-9. We're considering upgrading to CL, is there a specific date that renovations will start? TIA
CSR 11/2008, Poly~ Club Level 1/2009, POFQ 5/2010 & 10/2010, POP Century 10/2011, CBR 2/2013

SplashMtnCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #1541
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Ahhh that explains things...ok well it helps me in my decision making. Thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #1542
shefrn1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

Last question first -- all balconies and all rooms in Disney World are now smoke free, so you can only smoke in the designated areas around the resort. Sorry.

For the one bedroom, it depends on how you booked. There are three categories for DVC booking -- Standard (parking lot & entrance), Preferred/Non-Boardwalk (garden/pools, canal going towards HS, etc.), and Preferred/Boardwalk (guaranteed BW view). Obviously there what you get will depend on what was booked.

If you booked a regular cash stay through Disney and not DVC, those rooms are all in the Preferred/Non-Boardwalk category. So no chance of Boardwalk, but mostly good views of one of the pools, the canal, etc. Most people seem pleased with those views.

Enjoy!

Thanks

Bummer no cigar but I can deal with that lol...just a perk I sometimes like in vacation

We booked through an exchange through RCI....I think the ressie just said garden/pool....my husband deals with that stuff though so I.m not totally sure about that...lol

shefrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #1543
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
You would have loved either, but you will be thrilled with BWI Deluxe CL! Have a great trip, I'm jealous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We've done both, and purely comparing rooms, I think the deluxe club rooms at BW are much better. Much more usable space with the extra "hump" at BW instead of just the wider rooms at BC. Plus I think a 3rd floor deluxe room at BW is closer to the lounge than the deluxe BC rooms by the quiet pool (where we were.) Finally, all deluxe club rooms at BW have balconies, while at the BC you have the chance for a deluxe club room with no balcony at all. (Although the ones with balcony by the quiet pool have a balcony that is friggin HUGE.)
Thanks! We are traveling with our two year old daughter. Does that sway your opinion at all between the deluxe CL rooms at BC vs BW? I would think more kids are at BC with SAB, but we'd really like to try BW. But, we also don't want to disturb others who may go there to get away from kids

We have the option of a garden suite as well. I know we'd be further from the lounge and would have to go outside to get anywhere, but it seems like it might work? Those rooms appeal to me for some reason. Thanks

Last edited by ready2vacation; 01-08-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Poor proofreading :)
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #1544
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefrn1 View Post
Thanks

Bummer no cigar but I can deal with that lol...just a perk I sometimes like in vacation

We booked through an exchange through RCI....I think the ressie just said garden/pool....my husband deals with that stuff though so I.m not totally sure about that...lol
You can call Member Services when you get the confirmation from RCI and request either Luna Park (themed pool) or the leisure pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:27 AM   #1545
miblue
Mouseketeer

If I'm going to request a specific area of the hotel, when does one usually do that? We are 37 days out. Also we would love a view of the fireworks somehow but only reserved a standard room. Any advice appreciated

DD's first trip to WDW! BoardWalk Inn February 2014
DS's first trip to WDW! Stayed at the All-Star Music Resort January 2012
So many trips to WDW as a child I don't recall specific years.
In recent years: 2000 (Dixie Landings), 2004 for Christmas! (off site)
DL in 1987 and 1993
miblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: