Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #1
anelson81
Earning My Ears

Contemporary Resort nice?

Booked a stay at Contemporary with a theme park view in the main tower for Jan. I've been reading mixed reviews on sites and getting nervous. Is the resort nice? We've stayed a poly and GF and wanted something different.
anelson81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Why don't you check out the first 2 pages of the Contemporary FAQ Thread and decide for yourself.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3248210
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #3
Dano13
Mouseketeer

I stayed there last year in the garden tower and had a fabulous time. We were treated exceedingly well and it was about an 8-9 minute walk to the MK. The Contempo Cafe was a great place for quick serves.
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #4
Babsy
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the CR last Nov and loved it so much we went back to stay there gain in Jan this year! It is so convenient and comfortable. Plus with a tower TPV room you will love the spectacular view! We loved watching Wishes from our balcony!

Dining options are awesome. Walking to the MK is worth the stay all by itself!

The pool isn't fancy, but has a nice slide and a nice view over Bay Lake. We were surprised at how much we enjoyed this resort.

I think that You will love it!
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #5
michyi
Earning My Ears

My friend who is very particular and has the money to stay wherever she wants will only stay at Contemporary. She had gone to AKL and hated it. They actually left AKL to go stay at Contemporary on their first day at AKL. I've never stayed, but I'd bet it's wonderful!

Polynesian: Dec. 2011
Wilderness Lodge Villas - Studio: Dec. 2014
michyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #6
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

A Contemporary theme park view room is the best room in Disney World. Until you stay there it's hard to imagine. We stayed for 3 days on a split stay and spent a lot of time enjoying everything it had to offer.

The Contempo Cafe is a good qs for a deluxe; the pool area and snack/pool bar are good and not usually crowded; there's a coffee shop in the lobby; and nothing is far away from your room because it's a high rise. But most of all ... That view!!!!!!

The rooms are big and depending on your room number you will either lie in bed and look at the MK or sit on the sofabed and see it. Awesome.

One tip if you plan to use the pool. Bring something to wear to cover up so you don't have to get in a crowded elevator with Chef Mickey guests when you're in a bathing suit. Kind of creepy feeling.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: