Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
kolar220
Earning My Ears

CBR or Coronado Springs??? HELP!

We are going to Disney World 12/1-12/7 with my husband and 4 year old son. We booked our room at Pop Century with the deluxe dining plan, but got a free dining PIN in the mail, so we are now able to upgrade to a Moderate for cheaper than staying at Pop. My question is this: We can stay at the Caribbean in a standard room- not a pirate room. Or we can stay at Coronado Springs for $200 more total than the CBR. Which one would you pick? My priorities are bus service and the walk to the bus stop from our room. I have read many good and bad reviews on both, so it has only confused me even more! Any opinions will be GREATLY appreciated!
kolar220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
pork
Earning My Ears

I'm heading down at the same time and switched to CBR based on travel agent advice but I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say.
pork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Danielle3699
Mouseketeer

I have only stayed at CBR and not CSR, but I loved it and would definitely stay there again! The bus service was great and we didn't have trouble walking to the bus stop the pools or the eating area at all. There are also a lot of fun things to do there for kids; They have pool games several times a day and they roasted marshmallows on the beach every night. With that said, I think all the Disney resorts are probably good! We've stayed at Pop and POFQ and loved them all!
Danielle3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

My pick would be CSR hands down. Are you aware that CBR has double beds while all the other moderates (including CSR) have queens?

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
My pick would be CSR hands down. Are you aware that CBR has double beds while all the other moderates (including CSR) have queens?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
kolar220
Earning My Ears

I didn't know CBR only had full size beds!!! That is just crazy!
kolar220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
This! But, if you are concerned about a long walk to the main building, you may want to pay for a preferred room. We stayed at CSR, which is a terrific resort, and were in the Ranchos which is way in the back. It was actually a great location: peaceful, pretty, close to bus stop, and close to Dig Site pool. However, it was a fairly long walk to El Centro.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

We picked CSR and are going to request being in the Cabanas section. From all the readings and reviews we have done it was considered the best location.
lylone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Been to CBR 4x before and love the resort. The kiddie pirate shop pool area is awesome & your son will love it! The resort is beautiful wit it's tropical landscaping, music, beaches. Buses have always been good, never had any issues.
The resort is large but that's what we love cause it never feels like there is other guest!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

CSR it's so nice. People complain about the size but the bus is internal and can get you to the main building pretty quick. We've had the best bus service at CSR

truly feels a little more luxurious than some of the other resorts for the price
Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
AntFarm
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR before and are researching CSR for our next vacation. Did not like how spread out CBR was and and rooms seem like they are due for updating, especially with being the only moderate hotel with full size beds! The pool is great and it is fun for kids.
AntFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntFarm View Post
We stayed at CBR before and are researching CSR for our next vacation. Did not like how spread out CBR was and and rooms seem like they are due for updating, especially with being the only moderate hotel with full size beds! The pool is great and it is fun for kids.
We are in the same boat. Stayed at CBR, didn't like how huge it was, but from what I heard CSR is the same, if not bigger. Another downfall is it is a conference hotel so it is often very busy for that reason. I do love the theming though. We are torn between there and POR.
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #13
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post

We are in the same boat. Stayed at CBR, didn't like how huge it was, but from what I heard CSR is the same, if not bigger. Another downfall is it is a conference hotel so it is often very busy for that reason. I do love the theming though. We are torn between there and POR.
We stayed there in Nov 2011 and did not find it to be busy at all, even though there were definitely conferences going on...it was very peaceful and relaxing!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

I would also choose CSR over CBR due to the queen beds at CSR. That's the main reason I have never considered staying at CBR. However, CSR was my least favorite of the resorts I have stayed at. It wasn't bad (it's very pretty) but it is very large and I hardly got any sleep during our 6 nights there in 2008. We were on the 1st floor by stairs and it seemed like everyone liked to hang out outside our room talking. Now, I always request the top floor of any resort we stay at for this reason. We also didn't have much luck with the buses but I know buses at any resort can be hit or miss. Have you considered POR (we loved it there, it was beautiful and peaceful) or POFQ? POFQ is one of the smallest resorts. As such, even the farthest building is close to the bus stop. It also has a nice pool for your young DS and if you stay at either resort, you can use either pool.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH, 2/15 (not sure which resort yet)
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #15
Turbanator
Disney Fan

Coronado Springs

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: