Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

Then do not go.

Most people that posted either brought them with them or wanted something to complain about.

You do know there are crocodiles in Disney, right? There is something to worry about.
Comments from Disney apologists are always so helpful, aren't they?
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #17
NicPie
Frozen 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonald View Post
We have stayed at pop a couple of times and have not had a problem. We always do a quick room check. We put dryer sheets in our luggage that we check into the airline. Bed bugs hate dryer sheets!
Do you just do a loose one or two, or toss in a box?

NicPie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

You put the dryer sheet in a thin sandwich bag. We put about 2-3 in each suitcase.

We also put all of our clothes in big ziplock bags. In case of rain your clothes won't get soaked.
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Disney does a far better job of handling and preventing bed bugs than other hotels you might stay at. But I do understand your concern! Bottom line, travelling anywhere is a cause of concern on the bedbug front.

A previous poster gave tips on how to look for signs of them and I always do that.

I have stayed at Pop and many other Disney resorts and never seen any sign of them.

And yes I have seen alligators, a few snakes, love bugs and Lord knows what else but I keep going back and those critters are still not that common for me to see in my roughly 20 trips to WDW!

Go and have fun.

Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
stitchrulz
I am not spoiled -- A bit past the expiration date, maybe.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
And yes I have seen alligators, a few snakes, love bugs and Lord knows what else but I keep going back and those critters are still not that common for me to see in my roughly 20 trips to WDW!
Don't forget the lizards!
1995 - CBR (Honeymoon!) 1996 - Dixie Landings 1997 - CBR 2000 - CBR 2001 - SOG 2002 - Contemporary 2003 - Contemporary 2004 - SOG 2005 - Polynesian (10th Anniversary!) 2006 - WL 2007 SOG 2008 - SOG 2009 - Polynesian
2012 - Polynesian
In memory of Stubs, our beloved "Pud" 04/10/2007
stitchrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
Don't forget the lizards!
My bad, how could I forget those???

Funny thing, if I saw a lizard (let alone a snake or alligator) anywhere near my house, I'd probably have to move. But at WDW, I just take it in stride. I have never seen any critters in my room

Oh yeah, frogs, I see those too. I remember one night my dd and I coming back late to Old Key West and there was this little frog sitting in front of our door. We stood out there for 20 minutes trying to find a way to get that frog to move. We clapped, stomped, I even gently tossed our flip flops one at a time in the general area trying to get it to move and it never did. So we finally decided to just run into the room and pray it wouldn't hop in with us. Thankfully it didn't but when my dh and son came in later, they couldn't figure out why our flip flops were scattered all over near the door.

We don't have frogs in Colorado but I did learn that night they don't spook and run like those lizards do!

Last edited by Amy&Dan; 06-09-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #22
antshelby
Earning My Ears

Smile Bed Bugs

You can call Disney ahead of time and have the room checked for bed bugs. I do this to be on the safe side. Have a great trip.
antshelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #23
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antshelby View Post
You can call Disney ahead of time and have the room checked for bed bugs. I do this to be on the safe side. Have a great trip.
You actually believe that happens? How do you know you're ultimately assigned the room that was "checked?"
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #24
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrero121 View Post
I'm going to disney for the first time in September. Has anyone ever had issues with bed bugs? We are staying at pop and I've read online a Lot of stories of people seeing them
All of the above and .............there are not lots of stories of people seeing them at WDW.........its a few, that have long legs/threads and other stories of other places get added.

This *bed bug* thread shows up about once every month or two and it all gets rehashed again!

In any case have a great WDW trip!

AKK

Last edited by Tonka's Skipper; 06-10-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #25
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antshelby View Post
Not sure where you got that idea!!! Your room isn't really 'your room' until you get to the resort. Yes, rooms get assigned prior to arrival, but many times something happens that makes a change of room assignments happen. So no way of being 100% sure of your room until you get into it!!
Not to mention..you are calling a call center when you call Disney. Not the resort.
I really doubt that anyone is going to go into a room and check on the presence of bedbugs before someone arrives.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Not sure where you got that idea!!! Your room isn't really 'your room' until you get to the resort. Yes, rooms get assigned prior to arrival, but many times something happens that makes a change of room assignments happen. So no way of being 100% sure of your room until you get into it!!
Not to mention..you are calling a call center when you call Disney. Not the resort.
I really doubt that anyone is going to go into a room and check on the presence of bedbugs before someone arrives.
Absolutely agreed. Besides, hotelier hat on here, it wouldn't necessarily accomplish anything. Bed bugs can come in on the arrivin guest's luggage. Just being next to an infested bag on the plane or anywhere in luggage handling can do that. I really can't see a hotel doing that service specifically. Most well run hotels have their housekeeping checklist to do a check as part of their standard room setup anyway.

What you really want and should expect from a hotel is its response to them being found on property and Disney frome every report I've ever seen is among the very best.

The best advice, go on your trip, to a check on arrival of the room, and check your luggage. And enjoy your vacation.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #27
rgf207
DIS Veteran

My SIL and her family had bed bugs at SSR this past easter. Disney did a great job of helping. They immediately switched their rooms and had all of their belongings cleaned. They were given money to purchase new clothes too.

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonald View Post
You put the dryer sheet in a thin sandwich bag. We put about 2-3 in each suitcase.

We also put all of our clothes in big ziplock bags. In case of rain your clothes won't get soaked.
Why do you put the dryer sheets in a sandwich bag? Packing today and curious. What if you just put them in the suitcase??
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #29
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

I put the dryer sheets in sandwich bags so my clothes don't get that filmy stuff on it. You could just throw a box in the suitcase. I just read that the dryer sheets repel bedbugs. Have a great trip!!!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #30
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonald
I put the dryer sheets in sandwich bags so my clothes don't get that filmy stuff on it. You could just throw a box in the suitcase. I just read that the dryer sheets repel bedbugs. Have a great trip!!!
Dryer sheets send them to other parts of the room, but do not get rid of them. That is what they mean by repelling them.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: