Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #136
LSmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
Sure, if that's what "I guess I'm on the gift giver's side?" means to you.
Followed by 'hard to tell. They're both awful'?
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #137
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

I got some inexpensive gifts, but all of the guests meant well and I thanked everyone for each gift. However... two of my best friends got not-so-nice gifts. One was told by her MIL that she hadn't found the gift with the right 'tone' and she would give them this extra special gift shortly... it's been three years. The other friend received a blanket from an aunt. A used blanket. Not an heirloom or anything like that --the aunt is apparently an auctions addict. Oh, and did I mention that the blanket reeked (yes, reeked) of cat urine?

But I agree with others on here.. MIL as a gift takes the ultimate prize.
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #138
Jaya
DIS Veteran

Oh, I agree. The present (or would that be "presence"?) of the MIL takes the cake. A friend got a similar present; she and new husband returned home from a 3-day honeymoon to find his ex-wife sitting in a car in the driveway with his three year old son and four year old daughter, and all their possessions were piled on the porch. Ex-wife took the kids out of the car, said "they're yours now" and left. My friend raised the children.
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #139
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post

My boss gave us a camping tent. She also thought that wedding gifts were too "girl" centered and she knew I disliked camping and husband adores it and camped all of the time. One of the better gifts we got, actually.
We had put a tent on our registry! Guess we are weird. Those who bought us gifts stuck to our registry. We tried to put things of all price ranges as we were poor, and so were our friends. The only reason we were able to get married at all was because my aunt is the gm of a hotel in Baltimore and helped pay for everything, including our week at universal/seaworld. We got an even mix of gifts and checks, and we appreciated everything! The weirdest thing we got, was not so weird. my great uncle is an artist, a pretty decent one too, as well as a photographer. My wedding gift from him was, he photographed our rehearsal dinner and my bridesmaids and me getting our hair and makeup done the morning of. When we got back to Baltimore from Florida there was a box from him waiting for us. It was a painting he made of a sailboat out on the ocean right after the sun goes down. It is really beautiful. It is currently hanging in our downstairs 'guest bath'.
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: