Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

Have you ordered oil lately? Think prices will drop?

I noticed today that we need to start thinking about ordering some heating oil so I went and checked the prices. New England Oil.com lists local prices from $3.02 to 3.18 a gallon here in MA.

I usually only order a 100 gallons at a time since we also heat with two pellet stoves and have a propane fireplace in our living room. But....since it is much less than last year and gas prices keep dropping, I am thinking I should either...

1. Order now and fill the tank if prices are supposed to go up. Tank is 275 gallons and we have about 1/8 of a tank left.

2. Wait and see if they drop then order either 100 gallons or fill the tank.

What is everyone else thinking...prices going up? Down? Have you ordered recently?

Decisions. Decisions.
HeatherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
TAX GUY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
I noticed today that we need to start thinking about ordering some heating oil so I went and checked the prices. New England Oil.com lists local prices from $3.02 to 3.18 a gallon here in MA.

I usually only order a 100 gallons at a time since we also heat with two pellet stoves and have a propane fireplace in our living room. But....since it is much less than last year and gas prices keep dropping, I am thinking I should either...

1. Order now and fill the tank if prices are supposed to go up. Tank is 275 gallons and we have about 1/8 of a tank left.

What is everyone else thinking...prices going up? Down? Have you ordered recently?

Decisions. Decisions.
I'm in MA too. We have always been on auto delivery and stick with that. Never once have we gone dry. We also added a pellet insert last winter and that helped us save a lot (used far less oil). Our house is on the bigger side and has multiple levels so heating with just the stove is really hard. The oil also heats our water so there's no way I'm taking the chance of running out.
TAX GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

There was a heating oil shortage in WI last year and there were many cases of people not having any heat for days in sub zero temps.

I would fill the tank.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

I'm in NH and I just ordered a fill up of our 275 gal. tank. We're so low it isn't measuring. I'm buying at $3.199. I've also signed up for automatic fill. Pre-buy price where I am is $3.449.

#1 Immortal in Death, #2 Rapture in Death, #3 The Omega Command, #4 The Corpse Reader, #5 Open Season, #6 Ceremony in Death,#7 Vengeance in Death, #8 Holiday in Death, #9 Conspiracy in Death, #10 High Noon, #11 Six Years, #12 Lost in Shangri-la, #13 Multiple Wounds, #14 Sorceress of Belmair, #15 The Shadow Queen, #16 Crown of Destiny, #17 Sweet Liar, #18 Love Only Once, #19 Say You Love Me, #20 No Choice But Seduction, #21 The Magic of You, #22 The Monuments Men, #23 Gentle Rouge, #24 A Drink Before War, #25 Darkness Take My Hand
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post

Decisions. Decisions.
I am wondering the same thing. Should I fill the tank now, or wait another month?? Gas prices keep going down and if the oil prices follow suit, then I would rather wait another month or so.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

We mostly heat with propane (electric heat to supplement in our family room) and we use a lot of propane in the fall for drying our corn out of the fields so they came to fill those tanks last week and filled our house tank while they were at it. We paid $1.55/gallon. They will top it off in December at "corn dryer price" (they always give us a price break because of how much the farm uses). I'm hoping the price doesn't skyrocket later in the winter, but our propane company is really great and they didn't price goudge like so many other companies did last year.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

We just got an oil delivery today and paid $3.049 per gallon for 150 gallons. DH and I use C.O.D. fuel's web site to find out who has the lowest cash price and we go with that company. So far only one company has consistently been lower than all the other ones on the web site and they are very good.

ETA: Our oil gauge is not working correctly and said we were pretty much out of fuel. The oil delivery put the gauge to full afterwards and it's a 250-275 gallon tank. But in either case, I'm glad we got the fuel now. The weather here in NY is getting cooler and it will soon be time to turn on the heat (unfortunately).

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor

Last edited by cybrkitn; 10-09-2014 at 06:09 PM.
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #8
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

Oil and gasoline prices are dropping and could be doing so for a while.

http://qz.com/278945/oil-prices-have...gical-barrier/
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: