Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #31
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Star Wars will bring in mobs like nothing seen in a while. At least like nothing at WDW.

I think that this would be a great decision. Just please keep the Muppets!
Maybe they would move Star Tours to the Star Wars Land and redevelop Echo Lake? There are still those original plans for the Muppet Studios section of the theme park in the early 1990s!

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #32
tarcc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7Solo View Post
I know I would love Star Wars land, my kids would love Star Wars land. If other people will "skip the park" then that just makes room for the more people who would want to see more Star Wars.

Disney doesn't do many things wrong. If somebody doesn't want to see a Star Wars land or an Avatar land thent hey should move on and allow other people to enjoy. I'm not a huge Avatar fan but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and might even change my outlook on the film after see what Disney can do with it.

Bottom line is regardless of what they do Disney will put the most effort into it and make it enjoyable for everybody in my home.
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7Solo View Post
Disney doesn't do many things wrong.
Have you tried using their website? (I'm on a roll today with the web development/IT/QA bashing)

I enjoyed LMA the one time I saw it. No real need to see it again though. I suppose that's one of the issues with the show, is that it's not very repeatable. At least Indy has the audience participation in it to keep a bit more fresh, plus some extra comedic stuff thrown in. No real way to do this with LMA though.

Refreshing and adding new twists and such to the show would help keep it fresh, but due to the high level of choreography and raw danger of the show itself (to the performers), this likely brings down the level of changes they can make (and how often they can make them.) It is one of a few attractions that still fits with the original Disney-MGM theme though, and would be a bit sad to see it replaced by standard "Movie-Based Land 003"

And that's got me thinking a bit too... most of the other lands are build around a theme, not a particular movie/character/short. I think that's why Avatarland bothers me a bit, and why I don't really see a Carsland or Star Wars land interesting me all that much (even though I am a fan of both!) I'd err more on the side of Pixar Land or something that encompasses an idea or theme rather than pulling from a single property.

That's just me though. I ramble when I don't feel like working.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Star Wars will bring in mobs like nothing seen in a while. At least like nothing at WDW.

I think that this would be a great decision. Just please keep the Muppets!
I agree!

Although my boys liked lma
Old 06-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #35
BDL
DIS Veteran

Though I think there will definitely be a Star Wars-land and Carsland (PRAYING that they scrap the Avataar idea), I don't think that just shutting down LMA will do that. Also, if they did, what would happen to the Osbourne Lights? Though that is not the majority of the showcase, it is still part of the show. Especially, since they moved the original manger set-up to put Santa Goofy there.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #36
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07 View Post
I would rather have Star Wars Land than CarsLand. Keep CarsLand in Disneyland!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Noooo. There is no better ride in all of Disney that Radiator Springs Racers! And Carsland in DL is absolutely awesome!
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
gibbow
Mouseketeer

Personally I've only made a point to see LMA once. It's a great show and keeps with the park theme. I do think the park needs something new and exciting, I'm a fan of the Muppets and would love to see it stay, but I would move on if it were replaced as I did when they replaced Mr. Toad in the MK.

That being said, I think Star Wars gives a great opportunity to build the park and really bring new life to it. With the combination 3 original movies, 3 more modern films, and the planned 3 more along with movies about side story lines, it has plenty of material to build upon now and for future additions or changes is Disney seems necessary.

With the potential for different rides, maybe a new character dining? I think it would be pretty awesome! And I do plan to visit California and check out Cars Land, but having CL there and SWL(sp?) here could entice those on their respective coasts to travel and explore the other parks

Anywhich way about it, I do trust Disney to make a decision for the betterment of the parks and our future trips!
gibbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #38
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Not saying I'm a "gambling" person, but my Disney Dollars are on Carsland hitting FLA in the not too distant future!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #39
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

If CMs were truly "pink-slipped", we'd be hearing a lot more about it by now.

If LMA were to close, I could see some CMs from it being too specialized to be re-absorbed - notably the stunt drivers.

But I seriously think this would be getting a lot more coverage if they've already announced layoffs or reassignment, which would indicate that they are planning to close real soon.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #40
Michael623
WDW 40 trips, DL 10 trips, DLP 2 trips, Currently WDW AP holder

I guess the OP must not have followed the "It's Official, WOC Replacing Illuminations" backlash. Something that you heard from a CM is not "official".
Michael623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #41
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Though I think there will definitely be a Star Wars-land and Carsland (PRAYING that they scrap the Avataar idea), I don't think that just shutting down LMA will do that. Also, if they did, what would happen to the Osbourne Lights? Though that is not the majority of the showcase, it is still part of the show. Especially, since they moved the original manger set-up to put Santa Goofy there.
what is it about the rides, attractions, and restaurants specifically that you dont like about the new avatar land that you pray it gets scrapped?

whats wrong with the e ticket that you dont like?
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #42
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
what is it about the rides, attractions, and restaurants specifically that you dont like about the new avatar land that you pray it gets scrapped?

whats wrong with the e ticket that you dont like?
There is a general feeling that Avatar isn't a good property to be basing a land at AK on.

But given that there have been no official details on rides, attractions or restaurants, there really isn't much to like either
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #43
sachilles
Mouseketeer

I'm an absolute gear head. I race cars, and love anything with a motor. I enjoyed the show at my recent visit.
However, the realist in me, knows it takes up a LOT of space. They also have a back lot practice area that uses space(you see it in the back lot tour).
While they chose wisely with the vehicles, they still require a bit of maintenance which is costly. It's a lot of staff and liability.

No idea what the future plans are, but I'm not surprised to see LMA on the chopping block. Bummed to see it go, but can understand the decision.

OH, Disney if you read the boards, I'd buy one of the stunt cars if you sell them, they'd make a good hillclimber.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #44
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
There is a general feeling that Avatar isn't a good property to be basing a land at AK on.

But given that there have been no official details on rides, attractions or restaurants, there really isn't much to like either
or much to hate
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #45
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
While I think that DHS does need more rides (and I love Star Wars) I would be disappointed to see LMA leave. It's one of the few attractions at DHS that sticks to the original premise of the park.
Very good point. I miss the Backstage tour ride. I liked the movie/attraction with Bette Midler and the attraction the showed how they did the sounds for movies. Not the Drew Carey one

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: