Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #16
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
Thanks everyone for the comments. I appreciate the input and will pass it along to the rest of the gang.

Southern Bell... I would love to hear how it goes with your group.
Will do!

In fairness to you we are used to family togetherness! We take several camping trips a year to the lake & mountains with everyone(sometimes as many as 10 have spent the night) So for us the Suite sounds great! LOL! We will have 2 full baths and it will be twice as big as our camper, and only 6 people! LOL!

As far as privacy in the hotel, we rented two rooms at Pop in 2011 and left the door open anyway so our grandson could go back and forth and play! He slept with us several nights! When we were at Pop we could see AOA being built and we said then, that we would have to stay at AOA in the cars suites(our grandson collects them all and plays with them all the time) for our grandson the next time at DISNEY!

So ....AOA here we come! LOL! Good or bad! LOL!

We liked Pop Century but to get connecting rooms in 2011 we had to take 1 room for people in Wheelchairs! My husbands only request has been that his bed not be in the floor and his shower to have a bottom to catch the water! LOL! So as long as my bed at AOA isn't in the floor and my bathroom has a tub he will be OK! LOL!

For us this summer trip to Disney is about taking our daughter and her children to Disney, letting them stay at the new AOA(with all the theming), and seeing fantasyland at MK. I think our grandson(4) is at a good age to enjoy it and our grandaughter who is just one will enjoy some things at AOA, too! I would never choose AOA (especially a suite) for just me and my husband. We are doing it for the grandchildren!

But... I will let you know how it was for us compared to having two rooms at POP!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 06-10-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
Will do!

In fairness to you we are used to family togetherness! We take several camping trips a year to the lake & mountains with everyone(sometimes as many as 10 have spent the night) So for us the Suite sounds great! LOL! We will have 2 full baths and it will be twice as big as our camper, and only 6 people! LOL!

As far as privacy in the hotel, we rented two rooms at Pop in 2011 and left the door open anyway so our grandson could go back and forth and play! He slept with us several nights! When we were at Pop we could see AOA being built and we said then, that we would have to stay at AOA in the cars suites(our grandson collects them all and plays with them all the time) for our grandson the next time at DISNEY!

So ....AOA here we come! LOL! Good or bad! LOL!

We liked Pop Century but to get connecting rooms in 2011 we had to take 1 room for people in Wheelchairs! My husbands only request has been that his bed not be in the floor and his shower to have a bottom to catch the water! LOL! So as long as my bed at AOA isn't in the floor and my bathroom has a tub he will be OK! LOL!

For us this summer trip to Disney is about taking our daughter and her children to Disney, letting them stay at the new AOA(with all the theming), and seeing fantasyland at MK. I think our grandson(4) is at a good age to enjoy it and our grandaughter who is just one will enjoy some things at AOA, too! I would never choose AOA (especially a suite) for just me and my husband. We are doing it for the grandchildren!

But... I will let you know how it was for us compared to having two rooms at POP!
Thank you! This almost sounds like our family. We visited last summer and had two rooms at ASSp. We also left the door open for our then 5 year old grandson. My DS and DDIL were actually celebrating their honeymoon and we actually kept him with us for a few nights, but the door was always ready to be open if he needed his mom or stepdad.

We also promised to take our grandson back to the cars suite if at all possible on the next visit. We now have a 6 month old grandson that will be 18 months next summer, so I think he will enjoy it also.

I don't know when you will be visiting, but I will anxiously awaiting your report.

I do appreciate everyone's responses. I always like to ask for info on these boards!!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

I will say that my wife and I stayed at AoA in April. Being that it was just the two of us, we snagged a Mermaid room. I gotta be honest, it was for her Bday and that's what she wanted, but I wondered if it would be a bit *too* geared towards children. The Mermaid rooms were excellent, and it was not cheesy at all, at least I didn't think so. That area of the resort was very quiet, and had a lot of adults. Most of the kids must have been in the other areas with suites.

We had another couple go with us as well, and we looked into getting a suite. I thought it would be cheaper on both of us. NO. We could have easily gotten two Mermaid rooms for cheaper according to our travel agent. Just throwing that part of it out there as well.
Son of Gadsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know when you will be visiting, but I will anxiously awaiting your report.

I do appreciate everyone's responses. I always like to ask for info on these boards!!
We will be leaving very soon! Our ressies at AOA in cars suites are June 27-July 6, 2013.

If theres anything in particular you want a picture of let me know!

We will probably have alot of stuff with the kids so pictures will be interesting! LOL! We will have food, drinks, cups, cooler, toys, diapers, double stroller! LOL! Our pictures won't be of a neat little room and just one or two things hanging up! LOL! They will be very realistic of how it is and how it is really working! LOL!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
We will be leaving very soon! Our ressies at AOA in cars suites are June 27-July 6, 2013.

If theres anything in particular you want a picture of let me know!

We will probably have alot of stuff with the kids so pictures will be interesting! LOL! We will have food, drinks, cups, cooler, toys, diapers, double stroller! LOL! Our pictures won't be of a neat little room and just one or two things hanging up! LOL! They will be very realistic of how it is and how it is really working! LOL!
Wow. Thanks for the offer to share your photos. I love the idea of all of the baby/toddler items. We will be traveling with those items also. We also will probably need a pack n play for the infant! I would love to see how you guys work out everything in the room.

Have a great time!!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gadsden View Post
I will say that my wife and I stayed at AoA in April. Being that it was just the two of us, we snagged a Mermaid room. I gotta be honest, it was for her Bday and that's what she wanted, but I wondered if it would be a bit *too* geared towards children. The Mermaid rooms were excellent, and it was not cheesy at all, at least I didn't think so. That area of the resort was very quiet, and had a lot of adults. Most of the kids must have been in the other areas with suites.

We had another couple go with us as well, and we looked into getting a suite. I thought it would be cheaper on both of us. NO. We could have easily gotten two Mermaid rooms for cheaper according to our travel agent. Just throwing that part of it out there as well.
Thank you for the info!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Cars Suites AOA

AOA picture thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024335

Last edited by Southern Bell; 08-21-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: My grandkids loved AOA
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Living Area Car Suite AOA

Last edited by Southern Bell; 07-24-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Fans (chair) found at walmart in florida for strollers
Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Southern Bell... Thanks for the photos. I hope you enjoyed your trip. We just booked LM rooms this week, because we were so worried about the sleeping arrangements for all of the adults. Did you all end up with enough room?

Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #25
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #26
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Southern Bell... Thanks for the photos. I hope you enjoyed your trip. We just booked LM rooms this week, because we were so worried about the sleeping arrangements for all of the adults. Did you all end up with enough room?
Yes, we had enough room. In fact all but 2 times we just used 2 beds. The bed in the dining room was more comfortable(softer) but not enough to make us give up the sofa bed with the tv. We did not feel a bar in the sofa bed but compared to our bed at home it was harder. I have dream foam(what ever you call it) on my bed at home.

Sorry I'm so late posting!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #27
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #28
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Old 07-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #29
Southern Bell