Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #91
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyette View Post
Oh, my goodness....pennyring....I had no idea. Thank you?

I had no idea. How truly terrifying, especially that agent guy.
It was weird, a one timer type ride. Monsters Inc way better...I can still picture the Drew Cary animatronic to this day.

I do miss the Soap Opera dining experience they had there when DCA first opened, that was really fun and unique!
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #92
jason41483
Mouseketeer

Luigi's and Nemo - I walk on by with no regrets.

Disneyland - 1994, 1999, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
Aulani - 2012
jason41483 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #93
d1sneymom
Mouseketeer

As a family of 4 I often get vetoed for A LOT of rides/shows.

NO parades, WOC or F! (and I am fairly certain DS2 would LOVE the parades at least).
NO Captain EO, ITTBAB, Muppets 3D (though I am ok with these not seeing these as I didn't care for HISTA)
NO canoes cause DH doesn't see the purpose of having to work for your ride LOL
NO Nemo
NO Roger Rabbit

I think the Gadget Coaster in TT is overrated. DS7 stood in line with his uncle for about an hour for a ride that lasted 30 seconds.
If DS7 had it his way no IASW, no HM, no Matterhorn.
TSMM, we only go on Ariel's cause it's always a 5 min wait (but DS7 would try to convince me otherwise), Luigi's, TOT.

Back in the day SSL (I can still see Whoopi Goldberg in animatronic form) and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, though WWTBAM was good only on those ridiculously hot summer days. You could cool off for a least a good hour and play a fun game at the same time!! **I actually got to be in the hot seat once!!** and Mali-boomer cause that was a ride at any other theme park.

Until I had kids I didn't care for many of the rides at Fantasyland (Canal Boats and Casey's Train esp) but they love those rides!

*I kinda wished they had the Rocket Rods or a rocket rods type ride (like RSR but all high velocity not just at the end* and i might be in the minority to get RR back
d1sneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #94
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Little Mermaid. Short-circuited storyline with no climax that just lets you down, and a really boring queue (especially compared to the ride building/castle/waterfall the Magic Kingdom version got.)
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | Moving to L.A. 2015!

mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #95
Californiacicle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyS View Post
For people who don't like the Matterhorn because it's too rough, do you like Space Mountain? It may be an illusion, but I feel like I'm being thrown all around the universe on SM (I love it, don't get me wrong).
Space Mountain is my favourite and Matterhorn is my least favourite, mainly because it always bruised me. I haven't been on the new sleds yet but the old would actually bruise my knees and jerk me around for all it's worth. I never felt like that with SM. Of course, like a dummy I went on Matterhorn every time, like I had amnesia and hoped it got better since my last visit.

This next trip we most likely won't go on because I highly doubt DS will want to ride it.
First Disneyland trip: 1974, Last Disneyland trip: Son's first Disneyland Vacation for 5th birthday 7/3/14, Favourite trips: Disneyland's 50th Birthday and Sebastian's birthday. Currently wishing we were still there.

July 2-9 2014 Trip- Tips, Tricks, and Reviews http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3303428
Californiacicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #96
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Fantasmic! I am just over it.....

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #97
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priory View Post
I agree Tiki Room is an awful ride. As a show however, I love it.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #98
KrazyKat4DIS
Mouseketeer

I'm with all those that said Toy Story Midway Mania. I'm lucky enough to have a husband that is also not a fan so we usually get to skip it. The only time we really go on it is when we go with friends. Every time I step out of that ride, my arm feels like it's going to fall off and I want to cry from the pain.
I know, I know, a big baby.

Disneyland Trips: Too numerous to count

WDW: 1991 (Caribbean Beach Resort); 2012 (Port Orleans French Quarter)

DCL: January 2012 (Disney Dream, 4 day cruise)
KrazyKat4DIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #99
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilaine View Post
For me though, it's Nemo and Autopia - they just do not impress me at all and even if I could walk on them I don't know that I would bother.
Ditto. To me those are "do them once to do it" rides. But, my experience on Autopia was with my DS7 driving and he nearly refused to NOT make it a jerky ride. HAHA!

Nemo is nice once..but not worth the wait.

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #100
tdhickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama View Post
Ditto. To me those are "do them once to do it" rides. But, my experience on Autopia was with my DS7 driving and he nearly refused to NOT make it a jerky ride. HAHA!

Nemo is nice once..but not worth the wait.
Autopia - great for the kids, terrible for the adults. I "get" this ride, but avoid it if possible. However my kids love it, wish they were tall enough to ride on their own.

Nemo - I love this ride, but won't wait an hour for it.
tdhickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #101
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKat4DIS View Post
I'm with all those that said Toy Story Midway Mania. I'm lucky enough to have a husband that is also not a fan so we usually get to skip it. The only time we really go on it is when we go with friends. Every time I step out of that ride, my arm feels like it's going to fall off and I want to cry from the pain.
I know, I know, a big baby.
Who knew you needed a couple weeks of dumbbell training before a DL trip.

I've only done it once but loved it... sore arm and all.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #102
mystic95
Mouseketeer

There are "classic" rides you just gotta go on once.... My son and I went in Storybook Land, Jungle Cruise, and Autopia and once was enough.... Just didn't like them at all... We went on Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice, and Winnie the Pooh just once... He is 13 but I told him they were classics and you just HAD TO ride them once...

As for DCA.... Other than Cars Land and World of Color... We could have done without seeing it... I just didn't get that park.... California Screaming was pretty good, did ride that one twice..

First trip to Disneyland in June, 2013 (DS and I)
May 2014 trip to Disneyland (DH and I)
mystic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #103
jason41483
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiacicle View Post
Space Mountain is my favourite and Matterhorn is my least favourite, mainly because it always bruised me. I haven't been on the new sleds yet but the old would actually bruise my knees and jerk me around for all it's worth. I never felt like that with SM. Of course, like a dummy I went on Matterhorn every time, like I had amnesia and hoped it got better since my last visit.

This next trip we most likely won't go on because I highly doubt DS will want to ride it.
New sleds on Matterhorn are so much better. Each person has more seat/leg space, and I feel like the ride is a bit smoother. So much fun at night!!

Disneyland - 1994, 1999, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
Aulani - 2012
jason41483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #104
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason41483 View Post
New sleds on Matterhorn are so much better. Each person has more seat/leg space, and I feel like the ride is a bit smoother. So much fun at night!!
When did the new sleds get put in?
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #105
nana50
DIS Veteran

FYI, Winnie the pooh is not classic. It is one of the "newer" rides, not an original.

The Matterhorn may have new cars but it is rougher. I went twice last visit and the second time was better as I learned "how" to ride it. Kept my back far away from the seat so it didn't get slammed. Also kept what butt I do have, up off the seat to save it from injury.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: