Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
SEC71
Mouseketeer

D23 expo iincrease attendance in the parks?

We are WDW veterans and have only been to DL once and our daughter has never been. The only time we can go this summer also happens to be when the D23 expo is going on. Would you go or wait until next August?
SEC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
SMD
DIS Veteran

I would always go to Disneyland. I've been in the parks when they reach capacity, and I've still managed to go on rides by getting FP early, using single ride, and plain, old fashioned waiting in lines.

I can't answer specifically about the expo. We went to the first one for a day, spent the night before, went to Gardenwalk instead of DTD, then left mid-afternoon and went to the park. As an AP, I can say I probably wouldn't have normally been in the park that day, but since I was down there, yes, I went.

From what I've heard about the second expo, and being an AP, if the lines were hours to get in and hours to see panels, then I probably would have given up and gone to the parks, betting that the wait times would actually be shorter.

It's tough to say. I don't really think that that many people come specifically for the expo. If, for example it were at WDW, I obviously wouldn't go down there and not go to the parks. But somehow I tend to think that in Anaheim it's more locals, who may go to the parks, but probably aren't going to spend the whole day there in addition to the expo. There may be a slight uptick in twilight ticket use, since they'll be available to attendees.

Of course, you could always go to the expo and make that part of the trip in addition to the parks.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: