Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #61
richmo
DIS Veteran

We just about always leave from Epcot. Since we have a rental car, I find it the most predictable as to how long it takes to leave the park (MK would be the most unpredictable).

Once I pass under Spaceship Earth, there's no looking back...
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #62
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

I agree the sad feelings cut in when you see pthers starting their trip and you are on your last day
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #63
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock01 View Post
I agree the sad feelings cut in when you see pthers starting their trip and you are on your last day
Oh yeah, and going into MCO is torture. All the sad faces are sitting out at the terminals watching the arrivals come in with their happy faces.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #64
DisneyFlower
Earning My Ears

We pack up the car and then drive to DTD (which seems different since we most likely have not driven our car since we arrived), try to find a park at DTD (which is sometimes difficult), then do some shopping and end with letting all the kids pick out candy at Goofy's candy shop for the ride home.
One year my husband bought the Wishes soundtrack CD and we unwrapped it and put it in the CD player as we were driving off property - that really brought the tears!!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #65
nansmama
DIS Veteran

We always go to MK last day. And get depressed. LOL. My kids on the bus from OKW to MK our last day:

I have named this photo "Last Day of Disney Faces"
Old 06-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #66
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

We always go to MK on our last day and eat lunch at the Plaza. It's a tradition that started on our Disneymoon. We were tired of soybean burgers the entire trip so we ate there on our last day and it has stuck with us. I also take last looks at the castle and "leak" around the eyes on the way out.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #67
heartse
Mouseketeer

We're another family doing the DTD and EOS... love the Cannonballs! Then sadly say goodbye to Mickey as we hop back in the car on our way home.
heartse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #68
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I take a cab to Olivia's for a mid-morning breakfast. I take the water taxi over to DTD and do some leisurely shopping.

I wander over to SSR and The Turf Club for a late lunch on the patio; just snacks.

I take the water taxi back to POR and sit in the rocking chairs facing the marina, read, and listen to the water taxi and wait to got on the ME bus at 3 pm. I make that long walk to the ME with the big long face and look back one more time with a tear in my eye.

And I say, only 357 days to go.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #69
jimmiej
Quite unintentionally, I invented the Naked Segway Tour

Turn and look at the castle.

jimmiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #70
ammag
DIS Veteran

Well last time (first trip in 28years) I cried under the exit on MK. Doh! We also got postcards stamped at the news stand and mailed them off for fairy godmother mail, so it ended on a positive note!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #71
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Seriously if anyone could see my face on the magical express ride to the airport, they would probably run away! I was really angry and upset leaving last year - I got very depressed. But then I started planning our next trip and daydreamed about just driving to the airport one day and hopping a plane to spend the day at the MK - and then I feel a little better. Now my next trip is coming up soon and I couldn't be more excited!

This year I booked a later flight home so we can go to MK, ride the haunted mansion, and get a farewell dole whip float

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #72
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
We always go to MK last day. And get depressed. LOL. My kids on the bus from OKW to MK our last day:

This picture says it "all" i feel this way each time I leave too!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #73
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock01 View Post
This picture says it "all" i feel this way each time I leave too!
My son would look like this all day on our last day and then to cry all the way to the airport, up to 2 yrs ago, now that he is 11 he just stays looking like this until we get home..lol
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #74
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Last time we did DTD before leaving for the airport. When I saw the "See you real soon!" sign on the wrong side of the arch it was sad

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #75
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post

This is what I look like on DME on the way back to the airport LOL!!!

We always do our last minute MK circuit (Pirates, Splash, Haunted Mansion at the very least), then run over to Aloha Isle for Dole Whip Floats before heading back to the resort to catch DME

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: