Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
mrcarder
Mouseketeer

We've done character breakfasts and/or last minute gift shopping. If on dining plan, we go to resort food court or DTD to use meal or snack credits. We have a 9-10 hour drive, so it depends on how worn out we are or how well we planned for the last day.
mrcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #32
RalphinSC
Founder of the Daft Brotherhood of the Ubiquitous Mugshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock01 View Post
wow is Earl of Sandwich really that good , i really need to try this!!!
It's our first meal when we get INTO the world. Don't feel like we've arrived until we have eaten at Earl's.

Myself 35 , DW 33 , DS 10

March 2011 ASMo
June 2012 Pop Century
June 2014 Bringing extended family Pop Century

My Family of the Day Experience With Pictures 6/8/2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2939320
My Little Guy's Disney Surprise http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933866
RalphinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #33
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Each time counting this morning, we agree we will come back again as soon as we can.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #34
spot28
Mouseketeer

Breakfast at Kona cafe or whispering canyon!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Have been ending our stays at BCV, and taking eve flights back. So we send our bags and get our boarding passes-then have the whole day for walking the EPCOT countries and getting lunch, then hanging at SAB and beach area til its time to catch the ME.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #36
antree
DIS Veteran

We always start 3 days before we leave 2 nights before we leave we make sure we see wishes and do MK. The day before we leave we do HS if anyone has any last minute things they want to do there, and then head to Epcot for the day and we watch IllumiNations. Then the day we leave, the kids and I get to MK as fast as we can while my DH waits for bellhop to get the luggage. In the meantime we are running all over trying to get in as many rides as we can before my DH meets us at 12 for lunch at The Plaza. Then we ride TTA one last time for my son, grab anything we need from the stores and get a bucket of popcorn for the plan ride. We jump on the monorail, run to Epcot just to walk through it one last time, and since we usually at BWV it helps. We walk slowly while my DH runs to BW to get our carry ons. He then Proceeds to call me every 5 mins asking me where are we to hurry up, he is so afraid we will miss ME. by this point he's mad and I stop at BW bakery for our last coffee and pastries for the airport ride. Guess what, I make it to the stop before ME, EVERYTIME I even have time to stop for a bathroom break

This yr we staying an extra day and leaving first thing Monday morning. So I am going to feel lost Just hope the bakery is open before we leave. I have to give my DH something to worry about

I do have to admit before I end this, we did miss ME ONCE this past NOV. not because of me though. We were staying at SSR and my DD decided to do COP before leaving MK. She didn't make it in time to get the bus back to SSR with us. So we get on and she catches the next bus. ME did get there before us, SSR buses were sooo slow then. ME did wait but because my DD was on the other bus behind us he couldn't wait any longer because her bus driver wouldn't drop her off first before he made his stops around the resort.

The front desk was nice enough to pay for a cab for us to the airport. Just to mention yes, we gave an hour traveling time, it just didn't work out this time Our plan works best when we stay at BWV
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #37
leafE
Mouseketeer

Mope and drag my feet a lot.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #38
katt789
DIS Veteran

I usually fly out early morning so my ritual is to spend the last evening at Magic Kingdom and befoe leaving, go up to the top of the train station and look down Main Street, just soaking it all in.

If we leave later in the day I like to do one last meal of Disney food & I'll book a breakfast!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #39
Napria
It really *is* the Happiest Place!

We always do Earl of Sandwich as soon as we get in. Maybe we'll do it last thing before we leave, as well because we always end with DTD.

Polynesian July 2013 Ft. Wilderness May 2012 Off property March 2012 Ft. Wilderness June 2011 Ft. Wilderness June 2009 Ocala Camping April 2008 Ft. Wilderness January 2007 Tropical Palms RV Resort December 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club Villas December 2003 Wilderness Lodge Villas December 2002 Boardwalk Villas December 2001 Ft. Wilderness February 1981
Napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #40
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antree View Post
We always start 3 days before we leave 2 nights before we leave we make sure we see wishes and do MK. The day before we leave we do HS if anyone has any last minute things they want to do there, and then head to Epcot for the day and we watch IllumiNations. Then the day we leave, the kids and I get to MK as fast as we can while my DH waits for bellhop to get the luggage. In the meantime we are running all over trying to get in as many rides as we can before my DH meets us at 12 for lunch at The Plaza. Then we ride TTA one last time for my son, grab anything we need from the stores and get a bucket of popcorn for the plan ride. We jump on the monorail, run to Epcot just to walk through it one last time, and since we usually at BWV it helps. We walk slowly while my DH runs to BW to get our carry ons. He then Proceeds to call me every 5 mins asking me where are we to hurry up, he is so afraid we will miss ME. by this point he's mad and I stop at BW bakery for our last coffee and pastries for the airport ride. Guess what, I make it to the stop before ME, EVERYTIME I even have time to stop for a bathroom break

This yr we staying an extra day and leaving first thing Monday morning. So I am going to feel lost Just hope the bakery is open before we leave. I have to give my DH something to worry about

I do have to admit before I end this, we did miss ME ONCE this past NOV. not because of me though. We were staying at SSR and my DD decided to do COP before leaving MK. She didn't make it in time to get the bus back to SSR with us. So we get on and she catches the next bus. ME did get there before us, SSR buses were sooo slow then. ME did wait but because my DD was on the other bus behind us he couldn't wait any longer because her bus driver wouldn't drop her off first before he made his stops around the resort.

The front desk was nice enough to pay for a cab for us to the airport. Just to mention yes, we gave an hour traveling time, it just didn't work out this time Our plan works best when we stay at BWV
I love this, sounds like me when i always try to get the wife motivated to go and I always say we are gonna miss the PLANE!!!!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

The night before we leave we spend it shopping on Main Street and end with a picture in front of the castle at night. The last day usually is at EPCOT because we stay in that area. We love its food and shopping.

We hate to leave.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #42
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom for one last ride on Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #43
awahllm
Earning My Ears

The last thing I do is watch wishes on Main Street USA... As I walk to the exit I tear up and take one last look at the castle all light up!!! I tell myself don't cry I will be back real soon or try to at least!!! Leaving Disney is the worst!!!
awahllm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #44
WLfamily
Mouseketeer

Always book a character breakfast, usually Crystal Palace, and spend our last day at MK taking it slow and repeating all our favs.
We leave as soon as we check out, so I run around the resort taking all the last minute pictures I haven't taken all week. Take one last stroll through the gift shop making sure I have one of everything....then cry.
July 2009 Trip Report~
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2251346
WLfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #45
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

We always go to MK on the day we leave. We soak up as much of the magic as we can until it is time to go. When it is time to go I have to take a long look at the castle and the waterworks begin lol

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas

P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: