Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #61
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Did you buy one of those amazing crystal Cinderellas castles? Hehe

I hope everything gets better with Max, I saw about your troubles on Facebook

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #62
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Pictures are back (and some beauties, too!!!) Love the sunset pictures and it looks like an interesting view from your room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
On my way to airport. Couldn't figure out why one of my words was censored. Then I went back and read my original and realized I left the f out of shift. So sorry. I will correct as soon as I can.
Thanks for letting us know what got blocked out. I thought you were trying to type "got my half over with", but coudn't figure out the obscenity.

Someone over on the Y&B thread made a typo when she was talking about watching the clock and I was thinking "Were you in Morocco?"

Quote:

We arrived last night to our top secret off site location here in Kissimmee. Our accommodations are actually quite nice considering I paid $72 a night for our room. Actually - its not a room, its a 2 BR condo. Haha! It's huge and fairly convenient to the parks. I hope this ends up being a good alternative to onsite if we ever have to do offsite again.
Wow! That sounds like quite a great deal! BK (before kids) Mark and I always stayed in hotels on International Drive, but it really is a different type of stay.

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been on the DIS since I got home. I have been dealing with my photobucket issue, my work transfer, my dad, my cat, and some other misc stuff.
Thinking of you as you deal with the stuff in your life!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #63
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait for our 1st trip next month to HHI!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #64
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Someone over on the Y&B thread made a typo when she was talking about watching the clock and I was thinking "Were you in Morocco?"

Luckily I am thinking before I write because my first thought would have just made it worse.

So lucky I was not drinking my SODA while reading this, it could have led to an obstruction.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 06-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #65
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so glad you have been busy. I thought I would be pages behind and I am in luck. I have basically missed nothing since I last read!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #66
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been on the DIS since I got home. I have been dealing with my photobucket issue, my work transfer, my dad, my cat, and some other misc stuff.
Your PB situation sounded like a real pain...glad you've got it taken care of.

Quote:
we actually come home with a big souvenir this trip that I am still feeling a little guilty about. But will get to that soon enough.

I am going to an AAA Magic Creator seminar tonight, so I may not DIS with replies till tomorrow. But soon. I promise!
Hmm....big souvie? Wish I had a really funny suggestion about what it could be possibly be...but I'm out.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 06-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #67
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed your report with your nephews and looking forward to this one too!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #68
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
First!

Holy cow, I can't believe that worked! Hahaha I credit my early rising tendencies along with my Atlantic time zone.
I am going back to read it all! Have a marvellous trip! I can't wait to read all about it!
to first place Wendy! It only took me 15 days to congratulate! Better late than never. HHI was a great trip and so was our recent trip to WDW. Had a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Up and cussin' so early on a Saturday morning, MEK???
Yup - that would be me! Actually, I am so glad you pointed that out because that was a legit typo and I immediately went back to fix it! Caren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I enjoy seeing the 'other' Disney resorts, so I look forward to seeing all the HH pictures. I have already seen a few of them on FB. I'm wondering how Disneyish Vero is going to feel next week, as this will be a new experience for us - Disney, yet not Disney World.
Well, judging by the FB pictures it looks like you had a great time in Vero. The cottage looked beautiful and the weather looked fantastic. So glad you had a great time. I have to admit that Anita's pics have me wanting to plan a Vero vacation. HHI is definitely, but its a equally top rate resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm here I'm here! Looking forward to hearing all about your newest adventures

***Edit- I wanted to snag my place and go back to read. Fantastic pictures! I just plugged things into mapquest and its saying 9 1/2 hours for me. I'm still on the fence on flying or driving, since I'd have to rent a car anyway. It would save a lot of money just to drive down.
Pam!

The drive is really not bad at all. I guess it could be bad in the middle of summer. We actually go down 301. I'm not sure how close you live to 301, but I would recommend picking that up north of DC and following it to Richmond. Savannah is the closest airport - about 45 minutes. I guess if you can get a decent flight price, but every price I have seen in high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am woefully behind on your other report but wanted to subscribe so I have this in my queue. Love your TRs and beautiful photos. . Have a great trip!!!!!
C! So glad to have you here. We had a wonderful trip to WDW! So much fun! No worries on being behind. I haven't posted or read anything in two weeks. I wonder if I will ever catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! I don't hate driving although I hate driving through Eastern Colorado and Kansas. Which I have to do in 2 weeks.
Jill! Thanks for joining in! I guess I missed you send off. Driving though Colorado and Kansas definitely does NOT sound fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
HHI looks amazing. Definitely on my list of places to go.

Jill in CO
It's a great resort. Such a wonderful, unique place. It is definitely now one of my regular vacation spots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm here Mary Ellen! I laughed outloud at your description of yourself....you are sooooo not old.
Lisa! Thanks for joining in! So glad to have you here. I'm glad you think I'm not "so not old". (even though I'm up there ) Can't wait to get caught up on your TR. I am sure I have missed a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I'm here, I'm here! Can't wait to read another of your TRs, Mary Ellen; they are always entertaining and the photos are always gorgeous!
Alicia! So good to have you here. Thanks for joining in. How's the little guy? I bet he's getting big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here!
Danielle! Thanks so much for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Joining in! Hope yall have a great trip!
Marissa! Thanks for joining in! I hope you had a great trip. I sure did. Going over to sub now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great I made the start of this trip report.
mic and min! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Dh and I are going to HHI in Sept. for us it is only a 4.5hr trip so we will be driving. We are staying in a condo at Palmetto Dunes so I look forward to reading about the restaurants you visited and what you thought of them.
4.5 hours? So jealous! That would be a great drive. Have you ever been there before? Try Vine. It's expensive and hard to get a ressie, but it was wonderful. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Then what your offsite visit to Disney was like, and where you stayed. Wishing you a trip filled with pixiedust.
We had a great trip to WDW. Staying offsite did not diminish our fun in the least. I have decided I am going to run a little contest to guess the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh you know I'm on board for this one! Maybe I can get caught up on my TR and we'll both be reporting on HHI!
Sheree! So glad to have you here. I don't know whether you caught up on your TR, but I know I have A LOT of catching up to do myself. Wasn't HHI wonderful?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #69
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Bad Brenda! I thought I already subscribed! Oops! Ok, now I'm here and I've secured my sub so I'm not going away until I've heard everything. (Except the curse words! ) Even though we know what that ominous tone foreshadows.... I will be hanging on every word.

Last edited by emmysmommy; 06-23-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #71
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I'm here, I see I made the second page. Now I must read the two pages that so far are posted!
Doris! Thanks for joining in! Glad you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Im reading along!

Rachel. So glad you are here! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklotus View Post
Joining in -- LOVE all your previous TR's!
bikiotus! Thanks so much for joining in. It's always great to have a reader come out of the shadows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I'm here but I am a little disappointed about no South of the Border pics. Just kidding.

Great start.
Scott. Thanks for joining in! And, guess what? There WILL be South of the Border pictures on the way home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Only a day late, but I finally saw the new TR link. I hope you have a great time!
Andy! Thanks for joining in! And, FWIW, I'm about two weeks late to my own TR. We had a fantastic trip. It was so much fun!

Quote:
All caught up! Trip seems to be off to a good start but I can hear that ominous music playing.
Yeah for being all caught up! Now if only I could get all caught up! Such a slacker, I am!

Quote:
Glad your WDW trip is off to a good start as well and that you are liking your undisclosed location. Super happy you got to see Illuminations last night. That's my favorite.

Have fun!!
We had such a great time on our WDW vacation, even with our top secret off site location. It worked out really well. And I thought of you first when we went in through the IG (I mean your private entrance) on our first evening!

Quote:
2BR for $72 a night, WOW! Hopefully you don't have to stay offsite too often but at least you got a fantastic deal.
I priced the same place for a couple nights in October, just out of curiosity, and it's $160 a night now. So we really did get a steal. And it was very nice! I am going to run a contest to see who can guess the name of where we stayed. Clues to follow.......

Quote:
Sorry about the prolonged flight and the rain.
At the time it was a drag, but in retrospect it was just a minor delay. Ahhh - summer thunderstorms are so awesome, aren't they?

Quote:
Thanks for checking in, hope the weather today is better
We had great weather for the remainder of the trip. I'm very happy with how everything turned out.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #72
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Another MEK TR!! I'm interested in your offsite experience. DD and DSiL just returned from a work seminar for DSiL's work and stayed offsite. They went to DD twice and then to MK on Friday. I guess we've made them onsite resort snobs because they said numerous times they were spoiled with the transportation options staying onsite using our DVC membership!
Bill! Thanks for joining in! Sorry I have been off to a slow start, but I will eventually get back up to speed.

We had a very positive off site experience. Since we always rent a car no matter where we stay, transportation was not an issue. I have definitely become a resort snob, but given the nature of this trip I did really well.

I still LOVE my DVC membership and can't wait to stay DVC next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thats hilarious!
I know! My old age dyslexia is starting to get me in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm here. Getting ready to spend the day on the lake. I'll be back to catch up tonight.
Jenny! So glad you are here. I hope you have a fabulous summer and lots of good time out on the lake. Sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Howdy MEK!! Sounds like you are having a great time, hope the rain let's up soon.
Camille! I am so happy you are here to join in! We actually only had significant rain that first evening. The rest of the trip was near perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!!
Coming up! Well, I hope it's coming up I have so much catching up to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Hey!!!! I'm old too!
Jen! And no you're not - at least you sure don't look it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I hate driving as well. As I have gotten older I just despise it so much. But I think a 10 hour drive would be doable. But not likable.
Surprisingly, for me the drive to HHI is not that bad. I have done a lot worse drives. Maybe its because I've gone off season. I wouldn't hesitate to drive again and I hope we get to go back again. It's such a great place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
I am here! So excited to see what happens.
Ashley! Thanks for joining in! So glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Since you like y'all, make sure you add another southern phrase to you vocabulary. When you want to invite someone back, just say y'all come back now, ya hear?

insert Beverly Hillbillies them song ...here......!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally over here.
Pat! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Love the intro - you are not old-
Depends on the day, I guess!

Quote:
You got your "f" in shift back. But still not in the right place to take away your censored status.
Are you serious? I still didn't spell shift right. I give up then. I will stay censored.

Quote:
Glad the rain has gone away and you are finding off site a good option. Heck the price cant be beat.

The price was awesome and we really enjoyed our off site stay. Would we have rather been DVC? Of course, but as an alternate option it worked great and we had lots of room to spread out.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #73
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm back from my road trip and ready to hear all about yours!

Jill in CO
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #74
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I'm late but here!

Now off to catch up

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #75
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how I missed this But I'm here now and looking forward to it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: