Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will win the Stanley Cup and in how many games?
Chicago Blackhawks in 4 2 4.35%
Boston Bruins in 4 0 0%
Chicago Blackhawks in 5 7 15.22%
Boston Bruins in 5 3 6.52%
Chicago Blackhawks in 6 11 23.91%
Boston Bruins in 6 10 21.74%
Chicago Blackhawks in 7 7 15.22%
Boston Bruins in 7 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #31
Dan Murfman
Mouseketeer

One last time to pick the Bruins to lose in 7. Go Bruins!!
Dan Murfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #32
nd5056
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post

Love what your hubby did, but not to crazy about this man here:

Quote:
Park Ridge mows down Blackhawks fans playoff lawn

Busy cleaning up the mess and damage left behind in his basement following Aprils flood, Frank Miller of Park Ridge says he didnt have much time to cut his grass.

Eventually, his lawn along the 800 block of North Greenwood Avenue grew so high that his lawnmower was incapable of cutting it.

So Miller had an idea.

Im a big Blackhawks fan, and we were watching the playoffs when it hit me: Theyre all growing their beards for the playoffs, so Im just going to say Im growing my lawn for the playoffs, Miller said.

And so the playoff lawn was created, complete with a chalkboard sign and a message indicating Miller wouldnt have the grass cut until the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup.

It grew to about 18 to 20 inches tall.

People would drive by and beep all the time, Miller recalled outside the Park Ridge Trader Joes, where he works. These two girls got out of their car and took a picture with it. So it was pretty successful, I think.

But neighbors and Park Ridge officials werent amused. People called the five-year Park Ridge resident lazy, among other unflattering things. Then Miller was sent a warning from the city that his grass violated a city ordinance because it was higher than eight inches, though he says he didnt read the warning right away, thinking it was his water bill. Then, on May 23, landscaping crews came to his home, mowing down the playoff lawn.

Miller says the crews were sent by the city, though as of June 10 he had not yet received a bill for their work. The city will occasionally hire landscapers to cut residential lawns if the grass grows too high and homeowners fail to respond to warnings  but the resident is still on the hook for the charge.
nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #33
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murfman View Post
One last time to pick the Bruins to lose in 7. Go Bruins!!
Pheeewwwww.......

I was just thinking to myself, "Where's Murfman? The B's are screwed if he doesn't log his prediction." Thank God you showed up.

270 minutes to go.

LET's GO B's!!!

Last edited by BDL; 06-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #34
stevea20
Mouseketeer

Along with Murfman's prediction, of equal importance is the one in the Herald.

After picking the Rangers in 7, then the Penguins in 7, the Herald stated they would not mess up the Bruins karma and promptly pick the Blackhawks in 7. May their perfect record hold.

Glad to see all the Hawks fans with us. This will make for a fun thread as well as a fun series.

On to battle. GO B'S!!!
stevea20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #35
DisDance
Mouseketeer

I've been glued to our local news and NHL Network all day can't wait for ore game coverage and of course the game!
DisDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #36
BDL
DIS Veteran

CSNNE had a funny segment. Tony Amonte went into the Blackhawks pro shop and asks who their favorite 'Hawk from the 90's was. After a few guesses, he'd finally introduce himself.

It only took 15 min for NBCto have their 1st foul up. "Let's listen in on the coaches..." Umm... It reminded me of THIS

Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
BDL
DIS Veteran

Looooooooooooooch!

Wooooooooooooooo!

Old 06-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #38
stevea20
Mouseketeer

It's 4 AM and I'm absorbing what happened. The only thing that upsets me is the Bruins blew a 2 goal lead. That game was theirs to take.

I spoke of karma earlier and all I can think of now is the 1990 finals when the Bruins lost a 3OT game to Edmonton. After that, they never recovered and lost in 5 games.

Well congrats to the Hawks, we knew they had a gritty, gutsy team and it showed. Just need to come back in Game 2. Thank goodness there's two days to recover.
stevea20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #39
nd5056
DIS Veteran

Not the first time Blackhawks came back when trailing behind in a game and won a game. Even knowing they're a strong & confident team that's very capable of winning at the end, I have to say this:

Stop those double/triple OT games! I CAN'T TAKE IT NO MORE!!!

Last edited by nd5056; 06-13-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Typo
nd5056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #40
DisDance
Mouseketeer

Hawks and bruins just played 2 games in one. Unbelievable. After the hawks were down 3-1 I wasn't too confident they would win it
Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #41
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Lingering question from the days of y'orr blog about last night - "Are we positive this game isn't still going on?"
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #42
jen0610
DIS Veteran

With all the bad weather moving through our area last night, our local NBC channel had to break into the coverage of the game. We got the 1st 5 or 6 minutes of the game, then it switched to their weather doplar and updates on the storms passing thru. I thought DH was going to chuck the remote at the TV. Luckily, they got the coverage back to the game just seconds before they dropped the puck.

Before the next weather break, I guess someone got wise and had the weather guy make the announcement at the break that for those who wanted to get the weather updates, those would be shown on the ABC channel, the two channels have had a joint new cast for several years now, and that they would resume showing the game.

Believe me, it would not have been pretty if they would have kept interupting the game.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #43
BDL
DIS Veteran

"...And tonight's number 1 star... Easton shin pads"

Ok. Sorry. Just had to get my blind devotion, bull poop excuse making theory out of my system.

But Mike Milbury was right (did I just say that? ) It's not luck. Chicago put themselves in a position so that those shots could go in.

It was a great game last night. A titanic game (I think I even saw Kate Winslet fogging the glass around the boards). Almost 2 full games in an opener. Tuukka standing like a wall and Crawford channeling his inner Tim Thomas, and pulled saves that a slinky couldn't've made.

If this is what we can expect, this will be a series for the ages. I just wished they'd do it in regulation.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #44
DisDance
Mouseketeer

Such an amazing game, I would like to know the ratings for it. Even if you aren't a hockey fan I don't see how that game could of gotten you excited
Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #45
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Go B's!!!
I'm a hockey mom and love to watch it. Last night I was exhausted after field day at my school and a staff whiffle ball game against the 5th grade.
So needless to say I didn't even make it close to seeing the whole game.
Although after they were ahead by 2 I really thought they had it. I have faith though we've been behind before.
GO BRUINS!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boston bruins, chicago blackhawks, nhl, stanley cup

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: